St James' Park

Delima

It’s mostly out-of-towners who are so keen to move. No real connection to the city, so what does it matter to them? They just want to be able to brag about attendances to their Man Utd supporting mates in Darlington and make sure they and their mute children/missus can get tickets when it suits :indi:

This theory is 100% fact by the way.

6 minutes ago, Joseph said:

It’s mostly out-of-towners who are so keen to move. No real connection to the city, so what does it matter to them? They just want to be able to brag about attendances to their Man Utd supporting mates in Darlington and make sure they and their mute children/missus can get tickets when it suits :indi:

Is it bollocks, man, fuck off.

3 hours ago, Joseph said:

😀

7 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Not sure that helps on the ol’ befuddlement front Loki Lad! 

pssst! Are you a secret agent? 

Ha!  Dont tell anyone.

25.5184119512 12.191221514 = 25 5 18 4 1 19 5 12 12 19 1 22 15 14

On 05/12/2022 at 08:34, Wallsendmag said:

Eh? There was a mass pitch invasion at Man Citys last home game of the season as 1000s of fans poured onto the pitch to celebrate, which they were fined for!

aye, forgot about that. Miscreants

I think further proof will be staying at St James' Park is Euro 2028. Even if we submitted plans tomorrow for a new stadium I doubt 5 years is enough time. England is destined to get the Euros with Turkey not favourable and as for Russia being successful in their bid....

It will be a shootout between St James' and the Mackem flea pit. Anyone with half a brain would know which one is more desirable without even considering which offers more hospitality, even beyond the actual stadium (or in layman's terms you could ask which city out the 2 is a shithole?)

Without doubt, St James' park will need upgraded for the tournament and it's evident that is already happening. I love what the owners have done with the exterior of the ground around the GWC near Bobby's statue, especially when it's lit up at night. And of course like many parts of the ground they've replaced shambolic SD graffiti with NUFC prestige. 

I would ask one question, If St James' park is selected, will it receive any funding that would 'assist' the massive cost of expansion? I know its not the WC, but I remember the development of German Stadiums prior to that tournament was huge. 

With the focus on capacity, St James' already meets the criteria for size, but surely it's an opportunity to showcase NUFC on an international stage? and what's better than showing off additions to europe's tallest cantilever right in the middle of the UK's finest most fun city? 

It's got to be said that in Euro 96 crowds were poor especially with overseas fans (was expensive too), but the city has grown since then and bigger capacity would also encourage them to use St James' for the later stages and not just for group games. 

The decision for euro 28 will be made on september 2023, by then work will have been mostly completed on strawberry place allowing the club to press on with expansion options. 

A modest 60000 increase will be likely be the way forward for the immediate future and THEN they'll probably decide if a new stadium is required OR press ahead with another 5000. 

1 hour ago, Nun tumblers said:

A new 70k plus staduim just north of SJP should be a priority,with all the planned developments behind the gallowgate, hotels etc how expensive is it going to be to add 8k more seats 2mile up in the air .

I couldn’t disagree more 

Absolutely no way would I want to leave St James Park 

We don’t need the extra revenue from 10,000 or 20,000 seats 

Money comes from sponsorship , commercial, Tv , champions league , etc 

If we can get to 60,000 at St James park that’s enough 

Bigger crowd / More people doesn’t always mean better atmosphere.

Ive been to games at St James park with 25,000 ( Leeds 5-2 , Micky Quinn 4) which have been better than 52,000 at a league game.

Our ground is unique , we need to keep some of our heritage / tradition and turn St James Park into a fortress 

Yes it would be great if we can extend the ground and I am all for it , but 70,000 is not needed.

60,000 at St James Park , with 15,000 standing area and we are good to go 🖤🤍

Just now, GWN said:

It wouldn’t be the same away from the city centre , end of.

I agree on this, I still think a new stadium is they way to go though due to restrictions, financial costs and the fact that there will have to be either closures to big parts of the stadium/ground share for any extension. Going to be interesting to see what they actually decide to progress. 

50 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I couldn’t disagree more 

Absolutely no way would I want to leave St James Park 

We don’t need the extra revenue from 10,000 or 20,000 seats 

Money comes from sponsorship , commercial, Tv , champions league , etc 

If we can get to 60,000 at St James park that’s enough 

Bigger crowd / More people doesn’t always mean better atmosphere.

Ive been to games at St James park with 25,000 ( Leeds 5-2 , Micky Quinn 4) which have been better than 52,000 at a league game.

Our ground is unique , we need to keep some of our heritage / tradition and turn St James Park into a fortress 

Yes it would be great if we can extend the ground and I am all for it , but 70,000 is not needed.

60,000 at St James Park , with 15,000 standing area and we are good to go 🖤🤍

Are you a current season ticket holder?

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Are you a current season ticket holder?

Nope , Just a member 

Bought 4 memberships in the summer for the family.

I have been able to get tickets for every match so far.

Best £90 I’ve spent (2 adult / 2 junior memberships) 

If we can add on 10,000 to St James park , I think that’s enough.

Liverpool have done ok with 54,000 capacity 

Man City , 60,000?

Arsenal 60,000

I've said it before and I've said it again, I absolutely do not want us to move St James Park. It is the most perfectly placed stadium in the country. If I had my way I would knock down all the crap new buildings going up around it as well. It is to me brilliant that it is visible from the rest of the town up on the hill. 

I am all for rebuilding it, and if a small move I would consider it. 

15 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Nope , Just a member 

Bought 4 memberships in the summer for the family.

I have been able to get tickets for every match so far.

Best £90 I’ve spent (2 adult / 2 junior memberships) 

If we can add on 10,000 to St James park , I think that’s enough.

Liverpool have done ok with 54,000 capacity 

Man City , 60,000?

Arsenal 60,000

Man City have peaked in terms of their potential. They do not have the same potential for crowd sizes as NUFC because they have to share Greater Manchester with MUFC.

Liverpool could fill a 70K stadium but FSG don't want to spend the money doing it. Arsenal were hemmed in by the surrounding areas of The Emirates so had to make do with 60k. That stadium is already starting to look dated IMO.

70K is the sweet spot for NUFC. Another 8k seats simply allows for those who have walked away to come back. There needs to be another 10k on top of that for the next generation of supporters otherwise we will just have a repeat of the 90s when thousands were unable to go to games.

17 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

The solution to our problems 

This idea is a load of nonsense. You can clearly see that the finished article still massively impedes Leazes Terrace. It's a non starter.