St James' Park

Delima

If it attracts the same kind of clientele as the old Stack did, I'll not be going anywhere near it when it's busy. Especially at £6 a pint in a plastic glass.

I’ll probably venture for some scran. They’ve done well with that getting local places onboard. Apart from that it might be good to see a game as a one off, say a semi final you can’t get to etc. 

18 minutes ago, Wandy said:

New Stack looks great I think. I’d wager that it makes a lot of its money by becoming part of the Friday/Saturday night Bigg Market/Gate drinking circuit.

Let's hope, a RW depends on it.

48 minutes ago, Wandy said:

New Stack looks great I think. I’d wager that it makes a lot of its money by becoming part of the Friday/Saturday night Bigg Market/Gate drinking circuit.

Bit of a hike from the Bigg Market mind - seems more geared up to the older Haymarket crowd.  I wouldn’t go near it eight months of the year - it’ll be wet and cold. 

You can pretty much charge what you like for a pint in the UK now, and people will still be daft enough to buy it. 

Many of the pints are weaker than they were 5 years ago too, saving money for the brewer, but still charging nearly double. 

Can't see me being there in a hurry tbh.

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

If it attracts the same kind of clientele as the old Stack did, I'll not be going anywhere near it when it's busy. Especially at £6 a pint in a plastic glass.

I hardly went to the old one, shocking beer selection in a plastic glass and as you say not a great clientele.

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bit of a hike from the Bigg Market mind - seems more geared up to the older Haymarket crowd.  I wouldn’t go near it eight months of the year - it’ll be wet and cold. 

They've got those outdoor heater lamp things that radiate heat equivalent to being inside the sun so it won't be cold in winter.

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not really. The Gate and its associated bars are all part of the Bigg Market circuit. Stack is a 2 minute walk from The Gate so I can see it being a new starter bar for that circuit.

I'll certainly give it a go, more out of hope than expectation. Happy to be convinced otherwise. Hope the beer offerings aren't all homogenous multinationals.

25 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

A lot of it is covered. The upstairs bit is pretty much all covered and looks to have more than enough space to stand/sit about in those areas if the weather was wet. But even on the ground floor there’s loads of cover. And a lot of heaters so can see it been quite warm in there when they all on

3 hours ago, gdm said:

Adam P boasting about being the first one to buy a pint. I’ve never seen someone be so awkward at ordering from a bar before 

I won’t be setting foot in that place. Be full of self serving YewChooba dossers such as John Sinclair, Adam P, Matty Renton and co. All complete doylems.

Spent a few quid on the home changing room etc. just a drop in the ocean really just to keep St James’ up to standard.

I guarantee we will move but not too far away from the city.

Edited by Waddles mullet

38 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Looks good. Hope they have done the tunnel up. 

They did the tunnel either last year, or the year before.

Under Ashley it had white tiles, and PVC bannisters. It looked like carehome bathroom.

41 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I won’t be setting foot in that place. Be full of self serving YewChooba dossers such as John Sinclair, Adam P, Matty Renton and co. All complete doylems.

I wanted to see Adam P actually try to drink that pint then spew up like a 13 year old 

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Under Ashley it had white tiles, and PVC bannisters. It looked like carehome bathroom.

Aye, it looked fucking shit. Cheap and nasty, just like the cunt himself. 

I remember when he took that classy chrome toon badge from above the tunnel entrance then created some shit new dugout with sports direct shit allover it, I was furious but some cunts didn't even notice the desecration 

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye it didn’t look the best but it looks cheap as fuck now imo. 

2 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Aye, it looked fucking shit. Cheap and nasty, just like the cunt himself. 

I remember when he took that classy chrome toon badge from above the tunnel entrance then created some shit new dugout with sports direct shit allover it, I was furious but some cunts didn't even notice the desecration 

Aye agree - it looked class that above the tunnel. On another note I remember some Mackem players saying that walking out the tunnel on derby day, they felt like the whole crowd were close to them as there was fans literally above them. Ashley soon put the journos there.