Duff's Dive

Guest Saint Andy

Taylor cheats as well, I don't see many fans jumping on his back. Oh wait....he's a geordie, isn't he?

I need a slap on the wrist!

What the hell are you talking about? he was also given grief at each time he made a meal of things. And Duff's last night was worse than he's ever managed.

Taylor cheats as well, I don't see many fans jumping on his back. Oh wait....he's a geordie, isn't he?

What the hell are you talking about? he was also given grief at each time he made a meal of things. And Duff's last night was worse than he's ever managed.

I don't think so.

I don't think so.

Pretty blatantly.

1. his aston villa thing, was him trying to save his skin, not con the ref to get another player sent off or get a pen -> not worse. Hilarious if anything.

2. Dive v Pompey. Blatant as hell, but rightly didnt get called. -> not worse and he got stick for it on here

3. Lpool tumble: was a penalty -> not worse. But his overreaction annoyed plenty on here and he deservedly got criticised.

I rest my case :)

I don't think so.

Pretty blatantly.

1. his aston villa thing, was him trying to save his skin, not con the ref to get another player sent off or get a pen -> not worse. Hilarious if anything.

2. Dive v Pompey. Blatant as hell, but rightly didnt get called. -> not worse and he got stick for it on here

3. Lpool tumble: was a penalty -> not worse. But his overreaction annoyed plenty on here and he deservedly got criticised.

I don't need to list things to prove my point. It's all about opinions. And imo people are coming down on Duff more aggresively than on Taylor.

I don't think so.

Pretty blatantly.

I don't need to list things to prove my point. It's all about opinions. And imo people are coming down on Duff more aggresively than on Taylor.

Well they are and I'm not denying that at all. What I'm saying is that they absolutely right to be doing so.

Guest Ridzuan

Well this is what Duff had to say.

Damien Duff today came clean about the controversy surrounding him in last night's UEFA Cup tie in Ghent against Zulte Waregem.

The £5m left-winger went down after a challenge from home keeper Pieter Merlier.

But the penalty award caused fury amidst home ranks with fans feeling that Duff had dived to win the spot-kick which was eventually converted by Oba Martins

The Irishman put in a bright shift last night against the part-timers but also feels United have done the spade work.

He told the Chronicle: "He took me down - it was a penalty.

"I've been working hard with Nigel Pearson all week, and maybe that paid off with the penalty."

He added: "It was a good result although it would have been nice to get more.

"No disrespect to them, but they're a poor team and it would have been nice to finish off the tie.

"We've got three away goals, but it was the same old story as we conceded off a set-piece.

"But we'll look forward to next Thursday."

Duff, by his own admission, has yet to hit top gear in a black-and-white shirt, but the player who missed almost two months of action with a knee problem is now looking forward to supplying the bullets for in-form strikers Oba Martins and Antoine Sibierski.

He added: "I've had a terrible season with injuries. I've had numerous niggles, and have been out for two-and-a-half months.

"But I'm feeling a lot better now. I've worked hard and I want to stay injury-free.

"I just want to get back to my peak, and get my sharpness back. I don't think I've had a good run this season, but now I'm looking forward to the next game."

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=it-was-a-spot-kick%2D-insists-ace-damien%26method=full%26objectid=18631933%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

You be the judge.

Why do people want him to fail?

I'm not saying he's done enough this season, but I can't recall anyone on here ever praising him, and yet he seems to get called out on just about everything he might have done wrong.

I'm not saying he's done enough this season, but I can't recall anyone on here ever praising him, and yet he seems to get called out on just about everything he might have done wrong.

I have to say, I disagree. People were delighted at his signing - even if were concerned about N'Zogbia's future. It provided strength in depth. He had the full support of the crowd, and the onus was on him to perform.

If and when he starts performing, people will lay off him. It's a tough deal, but it's a tough profession!

I have to say, I disagree. People were delighted at his signing - even if were concerned about N'Zogbia's future. It provided strength in depth. He had the full support of the crowd, and the onus was on him to perform.

If and when he starts performing, people will lay off him. It's a tough deal, but it's a tough profession!

I'm not talking about general assessments. I mean I really can't recall anyone on here during a match/post-match thread or anything like that saying anything positive about his play. I'm talking single passes, decent runs etc. Not a single thing.

I'm not talking about general assessments. I mean I really can't recall anyone on here during a match/post-match thread or anything like that saying anything positive about his play. I'm talking single passes, decent runs etc. Not a single thing.

Ah! Well, let me be the first ;)

He made a great run into the box ... but then he disgraced the club by diving.

Following that he made another jinking run out wide and whipped in a decent ball.

In being fair, I must say that his improved second half performance was not coincidental. Everyone was tired, and fitness was no longer an issue. His technique therefore allowed him to fare much better. He hasn't had much match practice, but if he does get into shape, he has a good shot of establishing himself as a decent member of the squad.

In being fair, I must say that his improved second half performance was not coincidental. Everyone was tired, and fitness was no longer an issue. His technique therefore allowed him to fare much better. He hasn't had much match practice, but if he does get into shape, he has a good shot of establishing himself as a decent member of the squad.

Well said, fairly reasoned and something I fully agree with.

Because he's done about 2 good things since he got here.

I think this thread is an example of people over-reacting to something to try and prove a point to themselves. Similar to when people are more outraged when someone is racially abused than the person who was actually abused!

Is it because of the whole "you only hate Ronaldo because England lost" thing and people are now trying to prove something?

Yes diving is a hideous part of our game, I hate to see it, I hate it when players do it but jesus wept people calm down! :lol: :lol:

Because making one good pass per game, but being hideous for the rest of it, deserves no praise. Its praising that kind of woeful underperformance that has lead to people saying Shambles is a decent defender.

Because making one good pass per game, but being hideous for the rest of it, deserves no praise. Its praising that kind of woeful underperformance that has lead to people saying Shambles is a decent defender.

Or that Milner is a good winger...

Ah! Well, let me be the first ;)

He made a great run into the box ... but then he disgraced the club by diving.

Following that he made another jinking run out wide and whipped in a decent ball.

Am I the only person on the planet (apart from my daughter) who thought that his trailing leg was actually caught by the keeper?

Difference being Villa played a lot of their football down the right due to Milner being their only natural winger, whereas we played down both sides due to having two wingers. For the record...

Milner = 27 apps, 1 goal, 10 assists.

Solano = 29 apps, 6 goals, 2 assists.

N'Zogbia = 33 apps, 5 goals, 5 assists.

So really, not a lot in it.