Duff's Dive

Guest Saint Andy

I think this thread is an example of people over-reacting to something to try and prove a point to themselves. Similar to when people are more outraged when someone is racially abused than the person who was actually abused!

Is it because of the whole "you only hate Ronaldo because England lost" thing and people are now trying to prove something?

Yes diving is a hideous part of our game, I hate to see it, I hate it when players do it but jesus wept people calm down! :lol: :lol:

bluelaugh.gif

I doubt many people thought about how they felt about Ronaldo when Duff dived.

I do. I was as pissed off as most when people starting saying I was making excuses for England losing in the Summer whenever I wanted to slag of Ronaldo and now the anti diving thing seems to have gone to extreme lengths! There is more concern to Duff's dive that there is to Emre's apparent racism!

I'm glad to see a winning at all costs attitude. Don't care if people have a problem with that, we've been nice guys who've never won anything for too long. All teams who win things cheat every now and then.

very true i think there is a fine line between any descision thats why it needs someone to descide rather than it being black and white. Teams are dirty, teams cheat, teams create chances with obvious dives, and making mountains out of mole hills. BUT and here is the key, they may get a bad rap but they get the glory and after a few seasons no one remembers how it was won just that it was.

Sorry, but I would rather we didn't cheat, that's the way I am and I'll not change.  I don't care if it's one of our players or the opposition, its shit as far as I'm concerned.

I hate seeing so much cheating in football, a lot of forwards drop a foot when in the box in hope of getting a penalty and they usually get away with it.  I hate seeing all of the shirt pulling which goes on, it spoils the game for me as it's not necessary, video evidence is used for banning people for dodgy tackles and I would love to see the cheats getting bans for diving, no matter who they are or who they play for.

They should definitely review such incidents and punish the players, it wouldnt be hard and would hopefully reduce it. Would have to be an instant ban though as I reckon a yellow would be a worthwhile gamble if it wins your team a pen. Plus so many over a certain amount of time should lead to heavier punishments.

in an ideal world any sort of cheating would be punished but the sad fact is there is an element of it in everyside i feel be it a certain player or a particular tactic. I for one would rather fight fire with fire until the day comes of a system to stop it. If we got into the uefa cup final and were drawing then with 10 mins to go the other side buy a penalty, an then we go and get one ourselves does that make us just as bad as the other side or smart no one would remember us as the poor souls who missed out on the cup just the loosing side.

Sorry, but I would rather we didn't cheat, that's the way I am and I'll not change.  I don't care if it's one of our players or the opposition, its s*** as far as I'm concerned.

I hate seeing so much cheating in football, a lot of forwards drop a foot when in the box in hope of getting a penalty and they usually get away with it.  I hate seeing all of the shirt pulling which goes on, it spoils the game for me as it's not necessary, video evidence is used for banning people for dodgy tackles and I would love to see the cheats getting bans for diving, no matter who they are or who they play for.

I'd rather we didn't cheat, but I'd rather we won something via cheating than being perennial losers all our lives.

Honest question to those so outraged,

Would you rather we won 2-1 than won 3-1 with the dive?

if that's the only option definitely Yeah.

But, what I would have ultimately preferred is for Duff to have stayed on his feet scored himself or tried to pass the ball back for someone else to tap it in.

Guest nufc 4 life

ive only read up to page 2, but from what i've read the general consensus is that it's wrong to "dive", but even if you go to a sunday league match you will see diving it is wether people like it or not part of the game and will only be eradicated if serious action is taken. I hate it when we lose due to a player diving, but if we get a goal out of it then i won't complain some would call that hypocritical and in a way it is, so basically diving will be ever present in the game unless as earlier stated serious action is taken if not then we will all just have to learn to live with it

Sorry, but I would rather we didn't cheat, that's the way I am and I'll not change.  I don't care if it's one of our players or the opposition, its shit as far as I'm concerned.

What he said.

Guest Knightrider

Pure dive and he's a cunt for diving, lets hope he doesn't do it again and that things don't even themselves out on that front, i.e. we get knocked out by a dive or heaven forbid, lose in the final to one. If he continbues to dive, I'm more than sure the fans at SJP will let him know about it, we are good like that and rightly so, I remember Ginola getting shouted at once or twice for it as well as Robert and in all our years as a Premiership club I can't remember us having too many diving/cheating issues. Sort it out Duff, and while you're there, start playing football. I thought he was shite again the other night, he had the beaten of his man but rarely did and lost the ball a good number of times. People talk about Parker holding on to the ball too long, well he has nowt on Duff.

Guest Knightrider

I think his movement has been poor, he comes way too far infield and his stamina and pace has went, without a doubt, his marker sped past him a number of times the other night, and he is a part-timer. This is why I have no faith in him recovering his former form because once those tow things go, all he offers us is mazy runs, but in a headless fashion. Plus he's injury prone and on huge wages I imagine. Needless signing and a waste of money, we'll never see an on form Duff for any sustained period.

• 2 weeks later...