Duff's Dive

Guest Saint Andy

Everyone does it, plus ain't it win at all costs so if it benefits the team then i'm not complaning, if there was contact and he didn't go down went to shoot and miss i wonder what people would be saying

Everyone does it, plus ain't it win at all costs so if it benefits the team then i'm not complaning, if there was contact and he didn't go down went to shoot and miss i wonder what people would be saying

They'd be saying,  "how did you miss" - not "you shouldve dived", plus there wasn't contact anyway.

Bad miss. You're not a cheat.

Why does he continually stop with the ball between his legs, pretend to have constapation and positions his body as though hes shitting a brick, then pass it away?

Decent performance though, ignoring the opposition. Nice dive.

He doesn't. You're making that up, tbh.

It was a dive no argument, if the ref is stupid enough to give it the that his fault. But as long as players get away with it then they will carry on doing it!

Duff would think twice if UEFA were to investigate and issue a ban for the dive! But if UEFA or any governing body are not willing to do that then we will carry on seeing it happen.

I'll take the goal no doubt but wouldn't want to see that creep into our game on a regular basis!

Guest Ridzuan

I agree that I dont like to see him or any other players diving.But if we take out his goal,we could have still won the game with the score being 2-1.

He did ever so well before the dive, and I must say, i do not like it when our players dive. Duff had some flashes of brilliance today, and I really hope he can build on that, we would benefit so much from having an in-form Duff.

Just to fill you in on an important point. Duff dislocated his shoulder while at Chelsea. He came back early and dislocated it again. He then actually learnt judo to give him less chance of his shoulder dislocating again when he falls. Most people fall with and there instinct tells them to put their hands in front of them. Damien has to do some special move and this is in his head before anyone even touches him.

Tonight he did dive but his mind was more on the fall rather than running into the keeper as 99% of players would do.

Pisses me off. Not only has he not put in the performances for us, and now he does that. Well he's been asking for penalties all season, and now he's got one. Shocking blatant dive. Don't want to see that from our players thank you very much, fuck off Duff.

I can't believe there's people condoning that shit! We are not Arsenal/Bolton/Chelsea etc etc, we're not a club known for it's divers, and i'd like to keep it that way. If we were to lose a game, or get knocked out of the cup, to a dive then i would be fucking FUMING!!! The sooner Zog comes back the better, that's not the sort of shit i like to see from my players. :hmh:

Was a terrible dive.  You should get thrown out of the UEFA Cup for that  :icon_thumright:.  There was no need for it though, he had an open goal to aim at from what I can remember.  I was disappointed as I thought it was a fairly interesting game at 1-0, and thought your lot would stroll it at 2-0, but fair play to Zulte they gave it a right go after that, until Sibierski scored a terrible goal from their point of view.

What can we do to eradicate it from the game? Personally I would love to see diving become a straight red offence, but that's unrealistic because the ref would have to be 110% certain in order to pull out the red.

Video reviews and bans opens a Pandora's Box - because you're opening the door for all sort of retrospective penalties not to mention the fact that that the likes of FIFA, UEFA and the FA would be administering it, and they couldn't be trusted with anything!

Would be nice if once, just once, a manager said in his post-match press conference "Player X clearly dived, and we will be suspending him internally." Would gain lots of favourable publicity and might hopefully put public pressure on the likes of Mourinho and Wenger to conform closer to the spirit of the game...

Well, it's a nice fantasy! :lol:

If a player dives, the opposition should then be granted one free foul to use on them in the remainder of the game, no matter how bad it may be - on the principle that: "if you want something to scream, chuck yourself to the floor and writhe in agony about, here it is".

I wish. Soon stamp it out though (literally).

Guest Gemmill

I'm not in love with the fact that he took a dive, but I'm not gonna whine too much about it.  These days, I would pretty much expect most forwards in most teams to go down in that sort of situation, so I'm not gonna go over the top about it when it's one of our players.  It's part of the game now, and FIFA and UEFA have made it very clear that they intend to do nothing of substance to sort it out, so fuck it.  If you can't beat them, join them.

Guest Jangles

First view at full speed I thought it was a penalty but the replay from a different angle showed it was a clear dive and its not what I want to see from toon players.

The only way to get rid is for retrospective video evidence. Automatic 2 week salary fine (maximum allowed) for first offence, all subsequent offences a 5 match ban and one point deduction for the club in the Premiership.

Make the onus on the clubs to stop this.

i don't like diving - but i honestly don't think duff's dive was quite as blatant as you lot claim.

wasn't a penalty - i totally agree, but it wasn't christiano ronaldo stylee either!