Curtis Davies

sempuki

Can't believe people don't think we need another defender. We've only really got the relatively untested Kadar as cover for Enrique, Colo and Steven Taylor.

We've got 5 defenders in the squad fit for championship football, of course we need another.

It would be an unbelievable signing even on loan considering, if he's available then i doubt it if some prem relegation scrappers wouldn't be after him also.

Lets hope Colo or Taylor aren't going out the door and this is cover.

I'd shift Taylor at full-back if this actually did happen. Then he would give us some extra umph (aye I said that) going forward as well.

Davies is better than Taylor in the centre, that's certainly what i'd do.

I haven't seen enough of him in all honesty over the past few years, and I don't know if his injuries have hampered him at all. Looked an excellent prospect for West Brom though.

It would be an unbelievable signing even on loan considering, if he's available then i doubt it if some prem relegation scrappers wouldn't be after him also.

I'd shift Taylor at full-back if this actually did happen. Then he would give us some extra umph (aye I said that) going forward as well.

I'd rather not shift either of our own players to make way for a player just looking to get fit and return to his club. If I was pushed i'd move Colo to RB over Taylor. Taylor is here to stay, Colo is passing through and Taylor doesn't deserve to be moved out of position whatsoever, he's been just as good as Colo this season. Taylor needs settled games in the centre, finally for the first time in his career he's got the same manager for a season (not sure about that but i bet its not far off) and a constant partner. If Colo is staying next season he also needs games till the end of the season to get him ready for next year (if we do go up) so accommodating a player over them would be wrong imo.

Plus we've signed Simpson, and same goes to him, he really does need games to get himself up to speed for the next season, regardless of division.

I'd rather not shift either of our own players to make way for a player just looking to get fit and return to his club. If I was pushed i'd move Colo to RB over Taylor. Taylor is here to stay, Colo is passing through and Taylor doesn't deserve to be moved out of position whatsoever, he's been just as good as Colo this season. Taylor needs settled games in the centre, finally for the first time in his career he's got the same manager for a season (not sure about that but i bet its not far off) and a constant partner. If Colo is staying next season he also needs games till the end of the season to get him ready for next year (if we do go up) so accommodating a player over them would be wrong imo.

Plus we've signed Simpson, and same goes to him, he really does need games to get himself up to speed for the next season, regardless of division.

Taylor has only ever been consistently good when played at RB.

Guest Stephen927

Davies on loan would be brilliant. Not sure about option to buy, he cost Villa £10m, he'd only be coming here to get fitness and games.

Taylor has only ever been consistently good when played at RB.

Whereas Colo's only ever looked half decent in England playing against sub standard CCC strikers.

Taylor has seriously never had, anywhere near, as bad a season as Colo did last year. Colo looked like a total imposter for 80% of it. Taylor's gone through fits and spurts of being absolute turd, but he's never been as consistently bad as Coloccini was last year.

Colo has proved over a long period that he's an accomplished defender, Taylor hasn't, yet. Point to one bad season in the premiership for Colo whilst completeing ignoring Taylor's five.

:lol:

Taylor has seriously never had, anywhere near, as bad a season as Colo did last year. Colo looked like a total imposter for 80% of it. Taylor's gone through fits and spurts of being absolute turd, but he's never been as consistently bad as Coloccini was last year.

Spot on.

I'm more concerned about the club than the development of one player. Especially if it improves us as a team.

I'm more concerned about the club than the development of one player. Especially if it improves us as a team.

Fair enough, but not looking after the development of players has seen us where we are, a shite team which tried to buy its way out of trouble till the bubble burst.

The likes of Milner & Zoggy continue to develop elsewhere while young talents worth anything choose any other club possible than have their careers end prematurely here.

Well.....

Squad members good enough for top ten (individual quality):

Fabricio Coloccini - has his moments but excellent aerially and positionally

Squad members not good enough for top ten (individual quality):

Steven Taylor - crap, barely good enough for this league

This is about 60% into last season, doesn't appear that you considered him an imposter at that point. Unfortunately, his iffy form in the last 2 months, Shearer dropping him and our relegation has clouded your judgement.

Agree with you point on Taylor though. :thup:

I'm literally aghast at how you've managed to dig that up. Do you have a log or something? I must have been talking out of my arse on that particular occassion.

I still stand by my last post, like. He's never had a season where he's been as consistently shite as Colo was last year.

Fair enough, but not looking after the development of players has seen us where we are, a shite team which tried to buy its way out of trouble till the bubble burst.

The likes of Milner & Zoggy continue to develop elsewhere while young talents worth anything choose any other club possible than have their careers end prematurely here.

It's getting a mixture of both, plus Taylor's best games have been at full-back for us.

I remember that post well because York was pretty much spot on with it. He's a good poster and I didn't expect that rubbish on the other page. Taylor could be an OK central defender in the premiership but has never looked like one to me.