Curtis Davies

sempuki

United line up loan move for Curtis Davies

Jan 21 2010 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/21/united-line-up-loan-move-for-curtis-davies-72703-25651891/?

Ryder got the Simpson deal being dead spot on so there's no reason to doubt him here.

How about his match ratings from Monday?

I was trying to be ironic.  I'm now trying to decide whether you are too. :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/21/united-line-up-loan-move-for-curtis-davies-72703-25651891/?

Ryder got the Simpson deal being dead spot on so there's no reason to doubt him here.

:lol:

I don't get it, why do we need another central defender? Kadar has been good so far in the matches i've seen, and we have Tozer as well.

Coloccini and Taylor are doing well together, why ruin that with Davies, who would obviously demand to play each week.

I don't get it, why do we need another central defender? Kadar has been good so far in the matches i've seen, and we have Tozer as well.

Coloccini and Taylor are doing well together, why ruin that with Davies, who would obviously demand to play each week.

No, he would want to play, not demand it.  The manager decides who plays and who doesn't.................... actually, second thoughts............... :lol:

So people don't want bad defenders because they aren't good enough to play for us, and people don't want decent defenders because they don't want to break up current partnership. What the hell do people want then?! :lol:

Long term i'd love us to sign Davis, so a loan now would be be brilliant. I have no doubt that Davis will be one of the countries top centre halfs in a few years time, once he gets some games and experiance under his belt.

However, the chances of this happening are very slim, as there is there is bound to be at least one premiership club in for him.

So people don't want bad defenders because they aren't good enough to play for us, and people don't want decent defenders because they don't want to break up current partnership. What the hell do people want then?! :lol:

Come on you should know by now that there is always something negative to find about every situation.

If this came off, Taylor to right back and Davies alongside Colo in the heart of the defence.

why not simpson at right back ?

1. He isn't very good.

2. Davies isn't going to come here to sit on the bench.

What if we told him he would play, then sat him on the bench?

You've answered that in one of your other posts. We'd be stupid not to play him if we managed to get him in.

Guest Roger Kint

He was spot on with them :harry:

It is the position we need to strengthen. We only have 5 defenders who are worth considering for a first team place and that's not enough. We have been incredibly lucky with injuries and suspensions to our back 4, we can't continue to rely on that.

It would be an unbelievable signing even on loan considering, if he's available then i doubt it if some prem relegation scrappers wouldn't be after him also.

Lets hope Colo or Taylor aren't going out the door and this is cover.