Biggest disappointment?

Dave

I cannot get over how poor Damien Duff has been for us since his arrival. A player of his calibre and repute should be doing so much more, regardless of how little he cost relatively speaking. So disappointing. :(

Who else? This is based on how well you thought they'd do compared to in reality.

Luque..is what most people will say..

to me its defo Titus Bramble,he was the "Wonderkid" defender who will solve our any problems we had at the back,he ended up being our worst nightmare,Duff has been shit this season but i will wait untill the end of the season to judge him,but for now he is by far our worst player

I saw the whole Duff being s*** thing coming tbh

One thing about Chelsea is that they only sell players who won't help their cause,and it was clear to Mourinho that Duff forms will not improve,so he gave him to us on a "bargin" and now that we didnt sign any defenders i am seriously questoning the "Bargin" in the Duff deal

Luque meanwhille is a diffrent case (see the Luque thread) but he didnt do himself any good by not showing any heart with the club,i saw him at Depor and he was pure class,when he came here his debut was promising then he just started going from bad to worse on and off the field..and tonights game is propbly the last time we will see him.

I saw the whole Duff being s*** thing coming tbh

One thing about Chelsea is that they only sell players who won't help their cause,and it was clear to Mourinho that Duff forms will not improve,so he gave him to us on a "bargin" and now that we didnt sign any defenders i am seriously questoning the "Bargin" in the Duff deal

Luque meanwhille is a diffrent case (see the Luque thread) but he didnt do himself any good by not showing any heart with the club,i saw him at Depor and he was pure class,when he came here his debut was promising then he just started going from bad to worse on and off the field..and tonights game is propbly the last time we will see him.

"Bargain"

Duff looks truely shocking. Huge shame.

Agreed.  A shade of the player he was at Blackburn and Chelsea.  His through ball tonight was sublime, but he can't take a man on for the life of him and when he finally did, he tripped over the fucking ball! 

Is he trying to do too many things in this team?  Does anyone have an answer?  He used to be one of the best wingers in the country, ffs!

Had one of his better games tonight, especially as the game went on.

Looked slighter and faster, more sharp and quicker on the turn.

His confidence grew as the game went on, if he keeps the performance in the last 20mins up for the rest of the season i'll be delighted.

Guest maznislav

I think Luque is the biggest disappointment. He came as a world class player and now he is below average one. Pretty sad, but I think we should sell him to the first team give us some money for him.

People are being too harsh on Duff the neet imo. He was one of our more lively players. I think a few people are almost willing him to play bad now. He's been a big disappointment so far, but tonight he wasn't our worst player. I don't know why people are trying to look for negatives here. It wasn't a very good performance by any means but just look at the thread title. We're through and thats what amtters at the end of the day.

Bramble is the biggest let down for me. He was supposed to bea genuine talent. But he's s****.

Bramble is indeed a genuine talent. But his concentration ....

No, he's not a genuine talent. He still shows the odd glimpse of quality, but a genuine talent? No. The days when he could be classed as having potential and the chance to improve are long gone. He's a laughing stock at fans form all other clubs.

He's a Championship player, but at least he had the opportunity to have a go in the Premiership. Most players of his quality don't.

Bramble is the biggest let down for me. He was supposed to bea genuine talent. But he's s****.

Bramble is indeed a genuine talent. But his concentration ....

No, he's not a genuine talent. He still shows the odd glimpse of quality, but a genuine talent? No. The days when he could be classed as having potential and the chance to improve are long gone. He's a laughing stock at fans form all other clubs.

He's a Championship player, but at least he had the opportunity to have a go in the Premiership. Most players of his quality don't.

yeah i remember liverpool fans laughing and chanting his name when he came on down there...he was probably our best player that night!!! he's better than "hate glasses" monkey makes out,not brilliant but not the boumsong either...of our current staff he's in the first 11 for me alongside taylor

People are being too harsh on Duff the neet imo. He was one of our more lively players. I think a few people are almost willing him to play bad now. He's been a big disappointment so far, but tonight he wasn't our worst player. I don't know why people are trying to look for negatives here. It wasn't a very good performance by any means but just look at the thread title. We're through and thats what amtters at the end of the day.

This thread has nothing to do with tonight's game. It's more of a general thing.

Ah reet. Well i agree then Duff has been the biggest dissapoinment. Most of the time eh has been very ordinary or poor. On form he's a class act. We shouldn't give up on him though. Give him next season. Look at the turnaround Nicky Butt has made. Luque has been awful and won't come good cos he doesn't even put the effort in. Duff may well still come good and its worth giving him more time cos if he does his the form he is capable of he will be one hell of a player for us.

What worries me about Duff is that he's had one too many leg injuries and they are taken its toll on his game.

What worries me more is Mourinho selling him for near peanuts, backing my concern that Duff is actually burnt out or injured beyond repair.

He's certainly left his pace at Chelsea.