Jewell: NUFC 'not coming back' for Giles Barnes

biggs

These Americans that took over Derby the other day, are they loaded? Might affect their willingness to cash in.

It might, but i don't think it will have a massive influence. They've promised they'll give Jewell cash but i don't think there's been talk of big money. Derby might be eager to cash in whatever they can now, cos there's every chance he'll go for pittance in the summer. He'll never want to go back down to the Championship.

Guest Erich von Manstein

God i'd be pleased if we got him.

At £3m it'd be a snip, especially when Billy Davies strapped an £8m price tag on him when West Ham were sniffing.

He would be a good signing, with his creative ability but I suspect they are way off the pace with £2m.  Time is running out but I would prefer them to go for a young promising hungry player like Barnes.

At £3m it'd be a snip, especially when Billy Davies strapped an £8m price tag on him when West Ham were sniffing.

It really would be. I don't care what the Janitor says about player valuations (:razz:), £3m for a very promising English talent, and an attacking one at that, is a good find in today's market.

It really would be. I don't care what the Janitor says about player valuations (:razz:), £3m for a very promising English talent, and an attacking one at that, is a good find in today's market.

Isn't it ridiculous how inflated prices are for players from big clubs? £6m only buys you Alan Smith from Manyoo but we get a good youngster for half that from the bottom club.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Isn't it ridiculous how inflated prices are for players from big clubs? £6m only buys you Alan Smith from Manyoo but we get a good youngster for half that from the bottom club.

We haven't signed the lad yet!

Bytheway theres a snippet in the Daily Mail *spit* where Jewell is quoted saying ": "When I see other players leaving for £4million or £5million what we want for Giles Barnes is not unreasonable."

That to me would suggest that he wants around that or more but not less.

Would be happy with the signing, watching him play in the championship last year he looked like a good mix of pennant and dyer. Would be happy with him to be fair.