Jewell: NUFC 'not coming back' for Giles Barnes

biggs

Deal not dead apparently, player terms agreed but not a fee agreed between the two clubs.

Named as sub tonight for Derby however, which could be an inkling that it's unlikely we'll agree a fee either before the deadline.

I love you for the hope you have brought us.

If he is only a sub then that is a great sign!

I will hold onto this for now.

Guest Erich von Manstein

I sense sarcasm!

I honestly think its a good sign he's on the bench and I really hope we get him in.

Not being sarcastic.

Like I said though, the fact he's still included in the squad tonight could prove that it'll be extremely unlikely we'll agree a fee before tomorrow night.

I sense sarcasm!

I honestly think its a good sign he's on the bench and I really hope we get him in.

Not being sarcastic.

Like I said though, the fact he's still included in the squad tonight could prove that it'll be extremely unlikely we'll agree a fee before tomorrow night.

Could be them showing they are willing to play hard ball but not having the balls to go all the way and risk him getting injured.

I sense sarcasm!

Not being sarcastic.

Could be them showing they are willing to play hard ball but not having the balls to go all the way and risk him getting injured.

Has he been in the first team up to now? If he's been on the bench for the 5 games running up to tonight, this might not be the sign we're looking for!!

He is their best player and played every game for them since he returned from his injury.

I am not sure. I know it is a odd thing to say but I think Kenny Miller is better atm, I know I am more than likely in a group of 1 saying that but that is what I think.

I do like the arrogant streak that Barnes has  & with him being 6ft he would add a bit height to the midfield. If we want him we have got to put a decent bid in, not a stupid bid that everyone knows that Derby are going to reject.

If we really have agreed terms with the player, and the clubs are only 1.5 mill out on their valuations, then I'll be really narked if this doesn't go through.

Dare I say it, it doesn't sound like manager and board are working closely enough on this? We've made a bid, and yet Keegan doesn't sound too bothered with the lad comes or not.

Guest johnson293

Deal not dead apparently, player terms agreed but not a fee agreed between the two clubs.

Why would Derby allow talks to take place, and terms to be agreed, if the two clubs hadn't even agreed a fee?

Is this serious about alvaro..anyone seen him bout newcastle?

Aye, saw him getting off the metro at Four Lane Ends about half one.

couldn't believe he was walking about in the full newcastle kit too, socks, shorts, everything...he must be well up for the move

Guest Erich von Manstein

Is this serious about alvaro..anyone seen him bout newcastle?

Aye, saw him getting off the metro at Four Lane Ends about half one.

couldn't believe he was walking about in the full newcastle kit too, socks, shorts, everything...he must be well up for the move

With "King Kev 1" on the back. Happy days.

I thought we bid £3 million pounds for the £5 million rated Giles Barnes but some reports say we bid £1.5 million!!! Nee wonder we cant sign anyone if this deal is an indicator.

We have went from paying over the odds to cheapskates.