Filan Racism

geordie_b

Guest Gemmill

I thought it was insulting but funny. :laugh:

You may find it funny, most normal people wouldn't.  I'm sure Sib didn't find it funny at all.  If anyone knows of a complaint procedure i'd gladly help.

Help what?  Complain on behalf of someone else at how offended you are that that someone else may have been offended?

Isn't the fact that some are automatically associating it with garlic racist in itself?

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

You are associating all of our opinions as one.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

The gesture was about smelly breath, but not necessarily about him being French. Unpleasant, childish and personal on Filan's part, but not racist I wouldn't have said.

It always makes me wince a bit though when spectators make complaints about players swearing or gesturing, as though outraged.

Isn't the fact that some are automatically associating it with garlic racist in itself?

some?

some?

Whatever, racist. :razz:

:blush:

The gesture was about smelly breath, but not necessarily about him being French. Unpleasant, childish and personal on Filan's part, but not racist I wouldn't have said.

It always makes me wince a bit though when spectators make complaints about players swearing or gesturing, as though outraged.

Exactly, it happens all the time in football when someone gets in your face. The whole garlic/french connection has come from the posters on this board. Sima is right the little racists!! :lol:

Can someone please explain how this sign works and how garlic comes into it? Did Filan spell out garlic with his hands before holding his nose or did he just do a smelly breath thing when Sib was in his face but because Sib is french people are ASSUMING it must be to do with garlic?

He donned a beret and a string of onions, and started miming searching for The Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies.

CLEARLY therefore a racist.

Can someone please explain how this sign works and how garlic comes into it? Did Filan spell out garlic with his hands before holding his nose or did he just do a smelly breath thing when Sib was in his face but because Sib is french people are ASSUMING it must be to do with garlic?

He donned a beret and a string of onions, and started miming searching for The Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies.

Did he ride off on a crappy old bike only stopping to put his red and white stripped jumper on?

Did he ride off on a crappy old bike only stopping to put his red and white stripped jumper on?

Why, is he a mackem?