Chelski after Taylor

Skirge

name me a better prospect, ENGLISH prospect, for his position at his age...please

I will stick to English. Similar or better

1. Seb Hines (Middlesbrough)

2. Gary Cahill (Aston Villa)

3. Liam Ridgewell (Aston Villa)

4. Micah Richards (Man City)

That said, I don't want Taylor to go, no matter how much they offer.

That the same Ridgewell that was being touted for a loan move to Stoke in January? Stop playing champ manager!!

Ridgewell is shite, utter garbage, about Ramage standard.

This thread is mental, Davies is kept out of the U21 team by Taylor AND ANTON FERDINAND and he's bad a very average season in the championship this year, yet he's better than Taylor. Cahill is FULL of mistakes, more so than Taylor who still has the odd wobbler. Richards who never plays at centerback is being touted as a better centerback than Taylor. Seb Hines who has played 1 senior game in his life is being called better. And don't get me started on Ridgewell. MAD! :idiot2:

This thread is mental, Davies is kept out of the U21 team by Taylor AND ANTON FERDINAND and he's bad a very average season in the championship this year, yet he's better than Taylor. Cahill is FULL of mistakes, more so than Taylor who still has the odd wobbler. Richards who never plays at centerback is being touted as a better centerback than Taylor. Seb Hines who has played 1 senior game in his life is being called better. And don't get me started on Ridgewell. MAD! :idiot2:

:thup:

Guest Knightrider

If Taylor has any designs on fulfiling his potential to become a top-class centre-back, he'll need to move from Newcastle United within the next 2-3 years to be perfectly honest and Chelsea would probably be the ideal club for him, under Mourinho's tutorledge and Terry's guidance. Them or Liverpool. He has the potential, but he needs the right team, partner and manager to help him fulfil that potential, neither of which he has at United nor looks likely to get in the near future, sadly. He will soon approach a critical period in his development, where if it doesn't go well for him, there will be no turning back ala Bramble and other failed prospects.

Guest Brazilianbob

I cannot believe what I am reading!  We have one of the hottest defensive prospects in the EPL, and some of you want to sell him.  It's no surprise this club has won nowt for years when some dissenting fans can't recognize a quality player when they see one.

Not that I think any of you dissenters are predjudiced, but I have noticed some don't consider Taylor to be a geordie, cos he was born in Greenwich. 

Guest Knightrider

I cannot believe what I am reading!  We have one of the hottest defensive prospects in the EPL, and some of you want to sell him.  It's no surprise this club has won nowt for years when some dissenting fans can't recognize a quality player when they see one.

Not that I think any of you dissenters are predjudiced, but I have noticed some don't consider Taylor to be a geordie, cos he was born in Greenwich. 

I wouldn't sell him myself, that would send out all kinds of wrong signals and be an admission of defeat that we can't develop our own talent or that talent should leave if they really want to fulfil their potential, that and the whole selling club issue. However, I don't think he will fulfil his true potential here at Newcastle, and if someone was daft enough to offer us crazy money, it would be hard to turn down regardless. I agree we often put down our own players and while some are guilty of overhyping Taylor (natural IMO because he's home produced and one of our own) more are guilty regarding over the top criticism of this 21 year-old talented defender. Me, I think he's a top young player with all the attributes to become much better, but only in the right environment and if he has the right desire and just as important, the right attitude.

I think of Taylor as the New John Terry,he has all the makings of a fantastic defender,the problem is can he turn to a great star here at NUFC,or in another club like Chelsea,for now lets remember he is only 21,he is our youngest defender yes he is our best defender,and with the problem we have with the back four we can't afford to let him go,we just can't..

I don't think Taylor has progressed at all this season, he needs an old head next to him so that he can learn from them.  Campbell or Woodgate would have really helped him if we'd got one of those two in.

Guest Knightrider

I don't think Taylor has progressed at all this season, he needs an old head next to him so that he can learn from them.  Campbell or Woodgate would have really helped him if we'd got one of those two in.

I think he's done well this season in general, but I'd have to agree in that he hasn't progressed, not by any margin anyway. One pleasing aspect about Taylor though, which is the sign of all good defenders, is the position he takes up when we are overran in defence or have lost the ball - he heads for the centre of the box and holds his line or mans the forte so to speak, something Bramble, Boumsong and quite a few others don't do, they follow the ball or man.

What we now need to do is to find a partner for him, someone whose strengths are Taylor's weaknesses, someone experienced, a commander at the back. The coaching staff have to keep working on him every day too, and he has to have the desire to come in after hours to work on his flaws and to improve on his good points. Do that, and he may just fulfil that obvious potential of his. As a centre-back he has all the attributes but mentally, where understanding and awareness comes from, he needs help.

Guest Sniffer

I doubt if there's many 21 year olds who can handle playing  across the unsettled Newcastle back four and string together error free performances. I'm also not sure that you can progress markedly if you're left back one week, right back the next and then in the middle of the back four with multiple  inexperienced, error prone partnersn for a few weeks. Say s a lot for Taylor, and even the likes of Ramage and Huntingdon, that they've been shuffled around so much and been willing to give 100% even when the crowd get on their backs as is the case of PG.

Can't understand why anybody would want to sell Taylor and then turn around and say keep N'zogbia who has been shite virtually all of this season. I'd bit wenger's hand off if he mentioned 7 mill for him as I'd rather have the money than somebody who is pants for us.

I doubt if there's many 21 year olds who can handle playing  across the unsettled Newcastle back four and string together error free performances. I'm also not sure that you can progress markedly if you're left back one week, right back the next and then in the middle of the back four with multiple  inexperienced, error prone partnersn for a few weeks. Say s a lot for Taylor, and even the likes of Ramage and Huntingdon, that they've been shuffled around so much and been willing to give 100% even when the crowd get on their backs as is the case of PG.

Can't understand why anybody would want to sell Taylor and then turn around and say keep N'zogbia who has been shite virtually all of this season. I'd bit wenger's hand off if he mentioned 7 mill for him as I'd rather have the money than somebody who is pants for us.

Fucking hell, did N'Zogbia burn your house down or something?

Fucking hell, did N'Zogbia burn your house down or something?

:lol: was going to say, a bit of a double standard there. Zoggy's also been shuffled around a fair bit, never had a good run in the team this season and took a bad injury. add to the equation this so-called "second season syndrome" and it's short sighted to want to get rid off the back of this year.

Taylor - would tell Chelsea to fuck off, then when they come back with a bigger bid, let him go. he's a talented player and could develop into another Terry but needs serious hard work to improve his game. his positioning and decision-making is crap at times, not knowing which man to track, whether to attack the ball or to hold off leaves him in two minds. he also commits too easily which leaves the team vulnerable if his tackle doesn't come off. this is partly due to him wanting to do everything, he'll learn with age how to be part of a unit instead. the thing with taylor is, all his problems can be ironed out with a good teacher and a lot of experience, whereas Bramble's errors are mostly ridiculous faux-pas' that he'll never be able to overcome.

the only major problem with taylor is his balance, it means he can't turn around and recover quickly enough when a dribbler drifts past him, and it means his tackles are shit at times, all arms and shoulders flailing eveywhere, he needs to learn how position his body to shepherd the ball out/force a player into a blind alley and to stealthily intercept to overcome this. people say he doesn't have enough pace, but i think that is rubbish and missing the point.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~995035,00.html

GLENN Roeder has told any potential suitors of Steven Taylor that they would be wasting their time trying to lure the defensive starlet away from Newcastle United.

One Sunday newspaper claimed champions Chelsea maintain an interest in the England U21 international.

It's not the first time this season that the Magpies boss has seen one of his young talents linked with a Premiership rival, but once again Roeder was quick to stress that the likes of Taylor and Charles N'Zogbia are the future of the club.

He said: "Chelsea have not been in contact with us. In fact no club has tried to speak to us about Steven Taylor - and even if they did, they would be wasting their time.

I would like to wager a significant amount on one Mr. Oliver having this story as his big 'exclusive' tonight.

'Indeed, the United manager told me "Chelsea have not been in contact with us. In fact no club has tried to speak to us about Steven Taylor - and even if they did, they would be wasting their time.". I pwn.'

I would like to wager a significant amount on one Mr. Oliver having this story as his big 'exclusive' tonight.

'Indeed, the United manager told me "Chelsea have not been in contact with us. In fact no club has tried to speak to us about Steven Taylor - and even if they did, they would be wasting their time.". I pwn.'

Won't even get evens on that ;D

I am just shocked the Journal has not ran with this story at all in any way, shape or form.