Duff off to the Mackems?

Decky

Newcastle United winger Damien Duff could be set to make a summer switch from Newcastle United to local rivals Sunderland.

Sunderland boss Roy Keane will make a move for Irish winger Duff should Sunderland get promoted to the Premiership. The Black Cats are currently sitting in 3rd place in the Championship, just 3 points of an automatic promotion place. Keane has already drawn up a shortlist of Premiership talent he would like to sign, with Newcastle winger Duff top of the list.

Duff has failed to reproduce the form he shown at Blackburn and Chelsea and has struggled to settle at Newcastle, making 27 appearances and scoring just 1 goal. It is reported in The People that Duff would be keen to team up with fellow Irishman Roy Keane and should Sunderland make a bid it would be hard for Duff to turn down.

http://talkingsoccer.blogspot.com/2007/03/rumour-newcastle-star-set-for.html

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=31835

One of his reasons for not going to Spurs and coming here was because he was a Chelsea player and didn't want to play for one of their local rivals, can't see him being stupid enough to go to Sunderland if they do get promoted.

One of his reasons for not going to Spurs and coming here was because he was a Chelsea player and didn't want to play for one of their local rivals, can't see him being stupid enough to go to Sunderland if they do get promoted.

Like he gives a shit about that. He's only been here 3/4 of a season and injured for half of that.

Not exactly fan favorite either.

Like he gives a s*** about that. He's only been here 3/4 of a season and injured for half of that.

If he was to go to Sunderland he would still want to live in and around Newcastle, and will be aware of the amount of shit and abuse he would get. I'm also pretty sure that Roeder and Shepherd wouldn't sell him to Sunderland.

Like he gives a s*** about that. He's only been here 3/4 of a season and injured for half of that.

If he was to go to Sunderland he would still want to live in and around Newcastle, and will be aware of the amount of shit and abuse he would get. I'm also pretty sure that Roeder and Shepherd wouldn't sell him to Sunderland.

Again who would grief him, i wouldn't bat an eyelid if we got the money Spurs were offering for him.

I do think Fat boy would never sell a supposed jewel to the scum, no matter what circumstances.

i like the bit in the article about not settling at newcastle - sure he'll be jumping at the chance to move to sunderland to experience the culture and sophistication of that particular little breeding ground of filth, he'll settle like a native no doubt