Steven Taylor - the myth, the liability

Guest Invicta_Toon

Bramble really was awful, as for the rest of the defence..................as mobile as a sack of shit

They were just made to look like clowns all night by a much superior team with a potent strikeforce. Don't mock Taylor too much, yea he had a bad game but hes prolly the best we have right now.....

imo:

keep taylor, onyewu, solano at rb

sell or give away free: bramble, huntington, baba, carr

summer can't come soon enough for our defence!!

Guest Invicta_Toon

You saw Brambles performance and you feel the need to single out Taylor as the defender that needs to be sold? Fucking insane.

people REALLY need to look at the timing of posts before they start getting up themselves, you're the second one now

and yes, Taylor is worse than Bramble because Bramble can't help being a useless sack of shit, Taylor could be a half decent player if it weren't for his odd view of whats best for the team, like I said, a liability

Guest makemeacupoftea

we should scrap the whole defence and buy a new one, the whole lot is shit

now and then one has a good performance

I once had really high hopes for Taylor, I don't now. Maybe it was Souness, maybe it was the injury, maybe it was Souness's handling of the injury, maybe it's just because he lacks the brains to progress, I dunno. Whatever the case, I wouldn't be too bothered about seeing him depart as he seems to have gone backwards, if anything. Maybe we could put Owen to use and have him fly Tony Adams up from Portsmouth in that helicopter of his for a few one to one sessions, see if we can salvage him.

Taylor iis just like Bramble right now, anyone who can't see it really does have their head in the clouds or somewhere. We all want him to succeed but there's nowt to be gained by being blind to the reality of his performances. However, he's got potential to improve.

In the AZ games He could have done better for their 2 goals at our place and he also could have done better with their first goal last night imo. Makes stupid errors every game imo.

That's two young centrehalves - ie. Bramble formerly, and now Taylor - who could be classified as being 'raw prospects' blessed with the physical attributes needed in order to excel at the position. But both, and obviously Bramble is a lost cause now, haven't to this date developed the mental side needed ie. concentrating for 90 minutes, postional discipline/reading the game. Taylor is worringly travelling down the same route, and next season is a crucial one imo because he missed one year thanks to Shithead's handling of him and development-wise he's playing catch-up as a result.

But it could also be a combination of "dumb footballer" and "poor defensive coaching" which isn't helping.

Taylor was s***. So was Bramble.

Anyone who has defender Bramble but is now calling Taylor - Shambles has made far, far more mistakes than Taylor, are you calling him s**** and a liability as well?

Of course.

We'll see. The "Bramble has potential/no-one stronger/made a great long pass once" brigade will be out soon, re-writing history again.

Isn't it about time that the myth that Steven Taylor is a top defender was finally blown.

I watched Taylor in our reserve team and he looked great at that level and also had the physical attributes to cut it at the highest level.

When he was introduced to the first team he looked a bit raw and had an occasional un-necessary thuggish side to his game but I hoped he would learn quickly.

Having watched him since he has not improved and although Bramble is usually made the scapegoat alongside Taylor even he looks good.

Taylor maintains the un-necesary thuggish side to his game which will cost his side dearly and it seems he cannot eliminate from his game.

He loses his man too often and loses out in critical areas. The penalty he conceded in the home leg was punishment for his habit of closing down with his arms at his side to make himself broader -another habit which will cost his side dearly. He was woeful for the first goal last night.

Talk of Taylor to Chelsea seems strange, on current form Taylor is more likely to make his living at Barnsley than Chelsea. Right now he looks no better than Steven Caldwell did at his age.

He is a Fantastic defender,tbh he got all it takes to be a great star,he is just 21 FFS and playing in a postion where you need experinced players to play in,he is by far out best defender this season and i think if we pair him with any half decent defender he  will shine even more..

Though I agree he's overrated in the main, I can't help but think about how much he would have progressed with Sol Campbell alongside him and in training. Look at Linvoy Primus ffs.

Though I agree he's overrated in the main, I can't help but think about how much he would have progressed with Sol Campbell alongside him and in training. Look at Linvoy Primus ffs.

hindsight though,campbell at the time looked like going downhill rapidly.and i was one who said getting him mightened be a bad move.

Isn't it about time that the myth that Steven Taylor is a top defender was finally blown.

I watched Taylor in our reserve team and he looked great at that level and also had the physical attributes to cut it at the highest level.

When he was introduced to the first team he looked a bit raw and had an occasional un-necessary thuggish side to his game but I hoped he would learn quickly.

Having watched him since he has not improved and although Bramble is usually made the scapegoat alongside Taylor even he looks good.

Taylor maintains the un-necesary thuggish side to his game which will cost his side dearly and it seems he cannot eliminate from his game.

He loses his man too often and loses out in critical areas. The penalty he conceded in the home leg was punishment for his habit of closing down with his arms at his side to make himself broader -another habit which will cost his side dearly. He was woeful for the first goal last night.

Talk of Taylor to Chelsea seems strange, on current form Taylor is more likely to make his living at Barnsley than Chelsea. Right now he looks no better than Steven Caldwell did at his age.

Still better than Shambles.

Of course it's hindsight, but Campbell's forgotten more about defending than our lot know put together. He'd have been worth the money as a defensive coach.

nooooooooo.........echoes of mark lwarenson ;D

Still better than Shambles.

behind the wheel,on the golf course perhaps,but not on the football pitch on current form

Ive still got faith in the lad.I think he will become a better player in the future.

I agree dude. A manager who would give him a fucking bollocking for acting like a tard would help as well.

"STOP FUCKING ABOUT STEVEN YOU FANNY!"

"..oh..ok sorry..."

*Biiing* becomes best defender EVAR...