Bramble

tmonkey

Non of the back four were helped with the fact Roeder stuck Butt smack bang infront of them, he was sat way to close to them.

Bramble may have been poor but he was not the worst!!

What did Butt have to do with Bramble stopping entirely and raising his hand whilst the 34 year old man hes supposed to be marking just jogs through on goal? Or failing to mark his man for the corner, with his man scoring? Throughout the game there were instances of him not picking his man up and just ball watching.

Hes just a shiite defender. Physically great, but as soon as we come across a player or team with a hint of movement, hes left for dead time and time again.

And the terrible passing. The number of times he got away with shockingly bad passes in extremely dangerous situations...

Get rid.

Same as the other 10 tbh. If you want to pick on him because you've been "waiting" for it to happen, by all means do so, but Paolo-fucking-Maldini couldn't have kept a cool head/held his position/dominated the defence alongside Huntington, Taylor and Solano.

He was shit, the whole of the back four were shit. Solano's been decent at right back but he's put in 2 or 3 absolutely shocking performances and tonight's was right up there.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF TALKING ABOUT NEWCASTLE'S DEFENCE?! We'll still be pissing and moaning about it in 50 years' fucking time!

Same as the other 10 tbh. If you want to pick on him because you've been "waiting" for it to happen, by all means do so, but Paolo-fucking-Maldini couldn't have kept a cool head/held his position/dominated the defence alongside Huntington, Taylor and Solano.

he was bloody awful, you could equally say "huntington couldn't keep a cool head alongside such and such" or "solano couldn't keep a cool head" etc etc. load of crap to say he's some put upon hero a la Maldini who is wrongly suffering due to his team mates, he made by my count about 15 or 16 INDIVIDUAL errors tonight, which is pretty incredible. awful even by his poor standards.

Guest elbee909

Chokes against class opposition.  Is fine when the strikers are as stupid as he is.  Too one-dimensional a player, all it takes is a striker to vary up his game and "wuh, what's happening George, uuuuh... I'll kick it HAAAARD!".

his fault for the 1st goal should not play offside, infact he's too dumb to play offsides actually

I have to admit, I thought Huntingdon and Duff were at fault for the first goal. No cover/,marking whatsoever.

he was bloody awful, you could equally say "huntington couldn't keep a cool head alongside such and such" or "solano couldn't keep a cool head" etc etc. load of crap to say he's some put upon hero a la Maldini who is wrongly suffering due to his team mates, he made by my count about 15 or 16 INDIVIDUAL errors tonight, which is pretty incredible. awful even by his poor standards.

Yes, yet there's a thread exclusively for him! The whole defence was shit. What would you expect from this CB you evidently wish was out there in his place? A god-like saviour amongst schoolkids?

It says much for your tenuous stance that you would count his errors alone, after he'd been one of our best players recently. I take it you counted the errors of Oba Martins? Butt, maybe? Shay Given? Pathetic. Trying to scapegoat a god-awful team performance on any one player is worthy of Andy Townsend, brother.

Yes, yet there's a thread exclusively for him! The whole defence was shit. What would you expect from this CB you evidently wish was out there in his place? A god-like saviour amongst schoolkids?

It says much for your tenuous stance that you would count his errors alone, after he'd been one of our best players recently. I take it you counted the errors of Oba Martins? Butt, maybe? Shay Given? Pathetic. Trying to scapegoat a god-awful team performance on any one player is worthy of Andy Townsend, brother.

Centre halves are judged by their mistakes and Bramble made a fucking bucketful.

Centre halves are judged by their mistakes and Bramble made a fucking bucketful.

So did Solano, Huntington and Taylor.

Tend to agree, I thought Butt was worse than anyone for the first 60 minutes and yet he seems to be escaping from most people's criticism. People DO have favourites and they DO have players that they simply dislike and want to see the back of, it's just nature.

Not sure you can blame people for picking scapegoats after that performance Ank, he was fairly abysmal - but as you say there were plenty on an even keel with him.

I think the main point of people's frustrations is that he's still here after multiple performances of a similar nature over a number of years.

why is it pathetic? i have no grudge whatsoever against him. i actually think he is our best defender when on song. i even thought he looked immense for the first 5 minutes. i only started counting his mistakes as he made about 4 in one minute around 10 minutes into the match, and this caught my attention. but i notice you've no more to say about his actual performance.

btw a piece of advice, stick to talking about the player rather than trying to undermine someone's motivations.

Tend to agree, I thought Butt was worse than anyone for the first 60 minutes and yet he seems to be escaping from most people's criticism. People DO have favourites and they DO have players that they simply dislike and want to see the back of, it's just nature.

Not sure you can blame people for picking scapegoats after that performance Ank, he was fairly abysmal - but as you say there were plenty on an even keel with him.

I think the main point of people's frustrations is that he's still here after multiple performances of a similar nature over a number of years.

Good post. This season he has been one of our outstanding players, when he hasn't been put in a beehive of a defence. If we had decent full-backs, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

why is it pathetic? i have no grudge whatsoever against him. i actually think he is our best defender when on song. i even thought he looked immense for the first 5 minutes. i only started counting his mistakes as he made about 4 in one minute around 10 minutes into the match, and this caught my attention. but i notice you've no more to say about his actual performance.

btw a piece of advice, stick to talking about the player rather than trying to undermine someone's motivations.

My bad. I was wrong to lump you in with others who I've come across on the board.

That said, I don't think he was the worst defender out there on the night. AZ focused much of their attack on the right because Louis Van Gaal had the critical knowledge of any N-O poster worth their salt, and knew that to disorientate our central defence, he had to get them to cover for our incompetent full-backs.

This is why I think it is wrong that Bramble has his own thread.

Huntington - Patently obvious that he was the worst player out there. Skinned repeatedly to the point where he single-handedly disrupted the shape of our team. Full-backs are uber-important in Europe.

Solano - Uncharacteristically uncomposed. One of about three really stinking performances he's had at RB. In fairness to him, he was pegged back and had virtually no options. Looked very lost. Gave the ball away in dangerous areas and was out of position a lot.

Taylor - Mistakes galore. Dangerous liability. Probably second worst out there behind Huntington.

Bramble - Awful. Similarly to Solano, had little options, so ran his foot through it, so Newcastle had lost possession. This is something everyone was guilty of, mind. Was constantly pulled out of position [partly by AZ players, but more often than not, by NUFC players] and gradually lost the confidence that is so integral to his game.

My apologises again.