Would...

Guest TheOrder

Guest TheOrder

... an excellent finish to the season, change your mind on the current players/regime?

Or is it all change, whatever happens?

I for one, am tired of small time charlie clubs like Reading, Boltong etc, being better than us.

Not saying we're a big club. But for the money we've put into the club, for the brillaint fanbase, and for the great and unique history we have, we shouldn't be outfought, outclassed, and shown up by these shite teams.

I was at Wigan a few weeks ago, and that was embarrasing. Looking around me I saw everything which I despise about modern day football. Music after goals, mascots prancing around, prepubescent cheerleaders appeasing the sporadic home supporters.

After all that shit, we go and get outfought, out battled and get beat, from a team full of workhorses, and the odd dodgy foreigner. I looked at the scoreboard, and thought, we're getting beat of fucking Wigan. A team I wouldn't of battered an eyelid at 36 months earlier.

Fucking joke.

... an excellent finish to the season, change your mind on the current players/regime?

Or is it all change, whatever happens?

I for one, am tired of small time charlie clubs like Reading, Boltong etc, being better than us.

Not saying we're a big club. But for the money we've put into the club, for the brillaint fanbase, and for the great and unique history we have, we shouldn't be outfought, outclassed, and shown up by these s**** teams.

I was at Wigan a few weeks ago, and that was embarrasing. Looking around me I saw everything which I despise about modern day football. Music after goals, mascots prancing around, prepubescent cheerleaders appeasing the sporadic home supporters.

After all that s***, we go and get outfought, out battled and get beat, from a team full of workhorses, and the odd dodgy foreigner. I looked at the scoreboard, and thought, we're getting beat of f****** Wigan. A team I wouldn't of battered an eyelid at 36 months earlier.

f****** joke.

great post.

personally, i think us having a great finish would just paper the cracks, we are desperate for change from top to bottom imo.

I good finish to the season is what i fear

Lets face it,we are not going anywhere with Roeder,its just luck that was with him since he started this season,now even that is gone,if we do manage a good finish to the season FS will think "Roeder is  a good manager" and keep him,so he can ruin us even more this season..

Whatever our results are in the next 7 games,i just hope they get Roeder sacked,maybe this time we could bring a decent manager in..

We've been papering the cracks for the last 3 months tbh.I agree,we need a new brush to sweep all things clean.The cracks are now well and truly open and I cannot see us having a good finish.Maybe 15th or 16th finish.

Guest TheOrder

I've given Roeder alot of time. He's a decent bloke, and his hearts in the right place.

But the buck stops with him.

How a team, consisting of Damien Duff, Obafemi Martins, James Milner, Shay Given, Nobby Solano, Scott Parker and Charles N'Zogbia, regardless of form, can be beaten, without the hint of resistance or positivity?

Proper joke man.

I've given Roeder alot of time. He's a decent bloke, and his hearts in the right place.

But the buck stops with him.

How a team, consisting of Damien Duff, Obafemi Martins, James Milner, Shay Given, Nobby Solano, Scott Parker and Charles N'Zogbia, regardless of form, can be beaten, without the hint of resistance or positivity?

Proper joke man.

agreed about roeder, he is a decent bloke and his heart is in the right place, i also believe he works extremely hard every day to try and improve us.

bottom line is he just isnt good enough and falls short tactically

Guest eyeball_tickler

we had a great finish last year and failed to build on it. big changes are needed to ensure we dont need "strong finishes" to save our seasons.

we had a great finish last year and failed to build on it. big changes are needed to ensure we dont need "strong finishes" to save our seasons.

We are due a great SEASON and not a great finish-we haven't had consistency since Sir Bobby was turfed out.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Does finishing in an intertwobob position mean a good season for us?

How times have changed eh!?

The only way things are going to change if we give the club a giant laxative, new board, new management, new coaches and new players to replace the deadwood and if that happened I wouldn't mind starting all over again build ourselves up slowly.

No it wouldn't, because i'd like to see Roeder stay anyway. Can't see anything special materialising from another managerial change - we're in an even far worse position that we were at the beginning of this season, when we were in Europe, and we couldn't get anyone good then.

I've stated my reasons for why i'd like to see Roeder stay. Largely basing it on hope/faith, granted, i'd just like to see him have another crack at the transfer window (i believe that he won't make the same mistakes again), get his own squad and see out his contract. If we're going nowhere by then, just let him go.

There's no time limit in football, i'm prepared to wait. He's done a decent job at steadying the ship. It took Bobby three years to get us where we should have been after all.

And we won't have the distraction of Europe next year either, which will be a bonus.

I dont really care if we have a good finish or a bad finish anymore. I just want next season to start. I was at the game today and we showed no heart, no passion and no ability.

Roeder has done the job he was brought in to do. Stabalise the club. He has done that and for that I thank him. Providing he can get rid of the dross and bring in some quality and get them playing well he can stay for one more season.

Agree with you Yorkie. If we don't have the distraction of europe next season we can then focus on getting back into the top 4/5 ho hum. :-[

Roeder has done the job he was brought in to do. Stabalise the club. He has done that and for that I thank him. But now him and the other dross can eff off!

That's exactly how I feel. :thup:

Thanks Glenn, bye.

While I would normally agree that we won't get a better manager and that Glen might as well stay another year, I'm honestly worried that he's just come unglued mentally after our recent string of non-preformances.

Now without injury or bad scheduling to stake the blame on, I think he himself is finally realizing that he just isn't good enough. And that must be tough for a decent bloke who loves the club to take. Probably keeps him up at night tbh.

I sincerely hope that he does the sensible thing and resigns before it ruins his life. As for a replacement, might as well bite the bullet and pick up Shearer now. Although I would personally get on the next flight to Newcastle and lick Fat Fred's boots if he could somehow pick up Guus Hiddink.

No it wouldn't, because i'd like to see Roeder stay anyway. Can't see anything special materialising from another managerial change - we're in an even far worse position that we were at the beginning of this season, when we were in Europe, and we couldn't get anyone good then.

I've stated my reasons for why i'd like to see Roeder stay. Largely basing it on hope/faith, granted, i'd just like to see him have another crack at the transfer window (i believe that he won't make the same mistakes again), get his own squad and see out his contract. If we're going nowhere by then, just let him go.

There's no time limit in football, i'm prepared to wait. He's done a decent job at steadying the ship. It took Bobby three years to get us where we should have been after all.

And we won't have the distraction of Europe next year either, which will be a bonus.

Hate to say it Yorkie, but I find it hard to agree with a single thing you say there.

"we're in an even far worse position that we were at the beginning of this season" - and this is an arguement to keep him in the job?

"i'd just like to see him have another crack at the transfer window (i believe that he won't make the same mistakes again)" -  and this is an arguement to keep him in the job?

"get his own squad and see out his contract" - Spend the money that the next manager could have had is what you are telling us here.

"There's no time limit in football, i'm prepared to wait." - You may be young, I'll forgive you this.

"He's done a decent job at steadying the ship." - What does this even mean?

It took Bobby three years to get us where we should have been after all. - And he had the track record, and the team looked to be heading in the right direction, etc. etc.

And we won't have the distraction of Europe next year either, which will be a bonus. - Fuck me, Europe is a distraction? That is what a relegation threatened team, or a thin squad actually up there challenging for the title might at a push be forgiven for saying. For us it is the bread and butter. We need the revenue and the players and managers it attracts. No, lets forgo these silly competitions and magically build up a squad capable of challenging in Europe when we fancy having another crack, eh? Aye, that's a plan.

Utter cobblers. Utter, utter cobblers. >:(

Hate to say it Yorkie, but I find it hard to agree with a single thing you say there.

"we're in an even far worse position that we were at the beginning of this season" - and this is an arguement to keep him in the job?

"i'd just like to see him have another crack at the transfer window (i believe that he won't make the same mistakes again)" -  and this is an arguement to keep him in the job?

"get his own squad and see out his contract" - Spend the money that the next manager could have had is what you are telling us here.

"There's no time limit in football, i'm prepared to wait." - You may be young, I'll forgive you this.

"He's done a decent job at steadying the ship." - What does this even mean?

It took Bobby three years to get us where we should have been after all. - And he had the track record, and the team looked to be heading in the right direction, etc. etc.

And we won't have the distraction of Europe next year either, which will be a bonus. - Fuck me, Europe is a distraction? That is what a relegation threatened team, or a thin squad actually up there challenging for the title might at a push be forgiven for saying. For us it is the bread and butter. We need the revenue and the players and managers it attracts. No, lets forgo these silly competitions and magically build up a squad capable of challenging in Europe when we fancy having another crack, eh? Aye, that's a plan.

Utter cobblers. Utter, utter cobblers. >:(

Hard to disagree with you, BD.

Aye, that's fair enough BD. Good post in fairness.

Still.

I've stated my reasons for why i'd like to see Roeder stay. Largely basing it on hope/faith, granted,

Which is the absolute truth.

Even if we win every game we have left I will still be sick as fk of the state of the club and the lackluster performances we have hadto put up with this season. A good finish would still be to little to late.

Aye, that's fair enough BD. Good post in fairness.

Still.

I've stated my reasons for why i'd like to see Roeder stay. Largely basing it on hope/faith, granted,

Which is the absolute truth.

I understand that. Fair play for keeping your optimism. :) :thup: