Newcastle's most valuable player this season?

Guest stormrider

Guest stormrider

Who do you think it is? To me it's a close call between Martins and Solano. Both were very vital this season and we couldn't have done without them.

What about you?

Guest NIToon

Probably Martins because of the goals but part of me says Nicky Butt (Waits for abuse)  I know he has had a few bad games but without him at times theback four would have floundered more than usual.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Taylor (when the injurie crisis was worst he managed to organise the small remains of the defence which was avalable)

Solano (managed to fill out the right back which could have been a potential very soft spot)

Martins (can grab a goal even though the rest of the team are shit)

Joker: Butt and Milner.

Martins, with Milner second.

Solano has done well, but I'd expect him to be as reliable as he has been at RB when asked to play there. Given, Butt and Sibierski (given his limitations he's played very well) deserve credit for their seasons as well.

Aside from that, most of the players have been wank.

Without Martins goals we'd be relegated.

Martins' goals have 'won' us 11 points this season, but it's not really that simple. Scoring goals is what he's in the team to do, would you count every crucial save Given has made in points too?

Nicky Butt, for me.

Without Martins goals we'd be relegated.

Martins' goals have 'won' us 11 points this season, but it's not really that simple. Scoring goals is what he's in the team to do, would you count every crucial save Given has made in points too?

Nicky Butt, for me.

Seconded. :thup:

If you took out any player and replaced them with out next best available player for that position (Carroll instead of Martins, Edgar for Solano, Harper for Given, etc), we'd be in a much lower position without Martins.

we have missed charles n'zog more than anyone this season, we were doing alright til chelsea away

We were? Losses against 'Pool, ManU, Villa, Fulham, Bolton, Boro, and SheffU were all before Chelsea. Arsenal away was our turning point, if anything, and it only lasted until Christmas...

Guest nufc_geordie

Martins as people have already have said for his goals. Goals get points, without him we wouldn't have many. Milner and Butt a close second, Milner because he has developed immensely in his time at Villa and over the course of the season and Butt because at last he is showing the form he did at Man Utd and for me is one of the first names oin the team sheet these days.

Guest Stephen927

Without Martins goals we'd be in a relegation battle.

Honourable mentions to Nicky Butt, Shay Given, Nolberto Solano, James Milner and Antoine Sibierski.