Wes Brown

biggs

Guest NSMagpie

Any club needs an experienced centre-half, and with Moore's constatnt injuries, and question mark over Bramble's future in the NUFC, signing Brown would be great.

Roeder failed to sign Woodgate and Campbell last season, so it seems his players' attitudes are not the only reason why our defence is shaky. Brown is a good solution, and I hope Roeder's learned his lesson. Sometimes one has to gamble with players with bad injury records.

Guest NSMagpie

Our defenders all look weird anyway. Bramble just looks dense full-stop, Taylor looks like Droopy, Carr like the crazy frog, Babayaro like Makosi, and Moore & Ramage like the two missing Dingle brothers.

What about Huntington and Edgar?

No point in going for him, we need better!!

Flog bramble for Brown, its more like for like really.

Piss take surely??

Not a piss take mate, its called football knowledge. Put Bramble in the Man Utd team and he would look as good as Brown, put Brown in our crap side and he would look as bad as Bramble.  Can I ask you a question Baggio do you play computer football games ?  I have always watched Man Utd in the CL and Brown has looked just as dodgey as Bramble without Ferdinand or someone of that quality next to him. Its no different to when Woody and Bramble played together. The defence as a whole looked good. Take out the top notch CB and things look different.

Guest prestonj1989

i would rather have John O'Shea instead of Brown. He is a regular international and can play Centre back, Right and Left full back and Defensive midfield.

Guest wondermike

Wes Brown is one of England's best centre halfs on offer. He has so much raw talent and if he could just get some consistency from playing regualr he would be up there fighting Ferdinand for his shirt for England. Would be an immense buy just liek woodgate was a few years back.

My ManU supporting workmate said pretty much the same as another poster in this thread "Lot of bottle, no-nonsense defender who just gets on with it and doesn't moan" says if he does leave he hopes he comes to someone like us as we have a shit defence and he would make a big difference.

Not been overly impressed with O'Shea since his breakthrough season when he should have won the PFA young player of the year award ahead of Jenas.

Guest Sniffer

Unless we get two good fullbacks, Brown would make absolutely no difference in our back four. I'd love to see us get Brown and Woodgate in the summer. Add Wayne Bridge and play solano at RB and I'd get excited about next season even if we still have roeder.

Unless we get two good fullbacks, Brown would make absolutely no difference in our back four. I'd love to see us get Brown and Woodgate in the summer. Add Wayne Bridge and play solano at RB and I'd get excited about next season even if we still have roeder.

Aye we at the very least need to sort out a quality left back otherwise whoever comes in at CB will struggle!

Guest Sniffer

.....although I'd prefer a younger, hungry RB than nobby as I think his legsa ren't what they used to be plus the fact he can't tackle worth a shit.

Guest Mantis

Just what we need, another 6 stone centre half who never opens his mouth on the pitch.  We need a kick arse leader at the back to scare the shit out of anyone not pulling their weight or falling asleep.

Brown is a very good defender.. been underrated for years so I'm pretty surprised at some of the positive comments on him. Not so sure about his organising abilities though but certainly much better than any of our current batch. Having said that, even Nesta will struggle, with our current fullbacks.

No point in going for him, we need better!!

Flog bramble for Brown, its more like for like really.

Piss take surely??

Not a piss take mate, its called football knowledge. Put Bramble in the Man Utd team and he would look as good as Brown, put Brown in our crap side and he would look as bad as Bramble.  Can I ask you a question Baggio do you play computer football games ?  I have always watched Man Utd in the CL and Brown has looked just as dodgey as Bramble without Ferdinand or someone of that quality next to him. Its no different to when Woody and Bramble played together. The defence as a whole looked good. Take out the top notch CB and things look different.

No I don't play computer games.

Can I ask you a question. Would you rate Bramble so highly if you didn't know him personally and send him a good luck text before every game? Your fawning over him is ridiculous.

I've seen enough of both of them to know Brown is better than Bramble, if Bramble wasn't as thick as whale spunk and could concentrate for 90 minutes then he may be as good as Brown, but he is, so he's not. Btw I've never seen Brown look as dodgy as Bramble, at his worst Bramble is an embarrassment to the shirt, you won't find many (if any) Man Utd fans say that about Brown.

Our defenders all look weird anyway. Bramble just looks dense full-stop, Taylor looks like Droopy, Carr like the crazy frog, Babayaro like Makosi, and Moore & Ramage like the two missing Dingle brothers.

i think carr looks more like a fat eddie munster