Wes Brown

biggs

wes brown was a very good prospect 5 or 6 years ago and always looks like he needs a leader alongside him.

lets check that injury record aswell.

yes sign him but not a penny more than £4mill(ish)

wes brown was a very good prospect 5 or 6 years ago and always looks like he needs a leader alongside him.

lets check that injury record aswell.

yes sign him but not a penny more than £4mill(ish)

With only one year remaining on his contract he surely wouldn't cost that much!

He doesn't have only one year left on his contract though.

From the initial article:

But that is likely to change in the summer, with Brown unable to hold down a regular starting place with the Red Devils. The 27-year-old will only have one year left on his contract in June and is unlikely to sign a new one while he is in and out of the first team.

No point in going for him, we need better!!

Flog bramble for Brown, its more like for like really.

Piss take surely??

Not a piss take mate, its called football knowledge. Put Bramble in the Man Utd team and he would look as good as Brown, put Brown in our crap side and he would look as bad as Bramble.  Can I ask you a question Baggio do you play computer football games ?  I have always watched Man Utd in the CL and Brown has looked just as dodgey as Bramble without Ferdinand or someone of that quality next to him. Its no different to when Woody and Bramble played together. The defence as a whole looked good. Take out the top notch CB and things look different.

No I don't play computer games.

Can I ask you a question. Would you rate Bramble so highly if you didn't know him personally and send him a good luck text before every game? Your fawning over him is ridiculous.

I've seen enough of both of them to know Brown is better than Bramble, if Bramble wasn't as thick as whale spunk and could concentrate for 90 minutes then he may be as good as Brown, but he is, so he's not. Btw I've never seen Brown look as dodgy as Bramble, at his worst Bramble is an embarrassment to the shirt, you won't find many (if any) Man Utd fans say that about Brown.

Its got nothing to do with knowing him mate, I know quite a few at different clubs and NUFC, not just the one player. 

You can search the whole forum mate to see if I have ever said Bramble is excellant blah blah. If he plays shite I say, I have always said we need better. Go back to before the AZ game, i`m NOT the one giving him fucking 9 out of 10 ratings like most, in actual fact I think I mainly only ever post when other players have worse games yet its his fault still.

Talking to a season ticket holder at Man Utd he reckons even Rio would struggle if he was in our back four. That is not a defence of Bramble just an opinion and an observation. He has seen Brown struggle before when paired with Silvestre or lesser.  He has seen Brown slip, fall, misplace passes etc.

My personal opinion, I think he would improve our defence, but in place of one of the youngsters. As someone else has said we need a communicator at the back, that is not one of Browns strengths.

Guest brewer

But that is likely to change in the summer, with Brown unable to hold down a regular starting place with the Red Devils. The 27-year-old will only have one year left on his contract in June and is unlikely to sign a new one while he is in and out of the first team.

He doesn't have only a year left on his contract.

The media said the same about Heinze when we were all being linked to him, despite that not being true either.

He doesn't have only a year left on his contract.

The media said the same about Heinze when we were all being linked to him, despite that not being true either.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3709464.stm

totally agree, vastly over-rated, no better than what we have

So you would seriously sooner see Ramage, Huntington, Taylor, Moore, Bramble & Onyewu ahead of Brown? Give over man. :lol:

totally agree, vastly over-rated, no better than what we have

So you would seriously sooner see Ramage, Huntington, Taylor, Moore, Bramble & Onyewu ahead of Brown? Give over man. :lol:

all similiar tbh

Is Nobby going to come back later and pretend this is a wind-up?

no wind up, he's no better than bramble

Of course he's better than Bramble, he's a footballer!

how many times have you seen him live (at a match) (not on a computer game)

Which one? LIVE, i've ony seen Brown at our games vs Man Utd when he's played, as i don't go to watch Man Utd. Shambles, i've seen as many times as mist fans who go to the games. And he's an absolutely awful defender. One of the worst centre backs in the premiership.

How many times have you seen him live?

I have never seen Zidane live but I know he was better than Emre.

Coming from my pal who frequently questions me if I have seen any players (I suggested) live  :knuppel2:

Still a valid point.

Back to the actual matter at hand - Bramble is not a Premiership defender by any stretch of even the most blinkered toon fans imagination, and the wrong-haired Brown is. So he is better than Shambles. Ipso facto, as they say on Kavanagh QC.

Coming from my pal who frequently questions me if I have seen any players (I suggested) live  :knuppel2:

Not being funny but you come out with things like "so and so (who has made ONE senior start) for Middlesborough is better than Taylor" how the fuck do you know that? You claim to know about pretty much every youth player at Manchester United and a few other clubs. You must travel the country watching a hell of a lot of reserve/youth matches OR (and I think this is the case) you spend too much time playing Football manager games and getting all your "knowledge" from how these players develop.

Not being funny but you come out with things like "so and so (who has made ONE senior start) for Middlesborough is better than Taylor" how the fuck do you know that? You claim to know about pretty much every youth player at Manchester United and a few other clubs. You must travel the country watching a hell of a lot of reserve/youth matches OR (and I think this is the case) you spend too much time playing Football manager games and getting all your "knowledge" from how these players develop.

That WOULD explain some "he's a great player for NUFC, world class*" type shite from a number of posters on here.....so busy playing games, they can't actually go to the game.

* ie - "Bramble has potential", "Babayaro has shown he has the heart".....yadda yadda.