Will Roeder be our manager at the start of 2007-08?

Guest Knightrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest andynufc84

Yes I think he will, after we limp to about 42 points for the season the board will probably see the season as 'gaining stability'. Whatever that means.

But, if we start poorly next season he WILL be sacked with less than a year to go on his contract, similar to the SBR situation. Then we are back to square 1, but Roeder will be gone and Freddy will have f***** up royally once again.

Guest Verlaine

I accidentally voted "I hope so, but don't think he will, " I meant to vote for "I hope he isn't, but think he will"

Oh well done, now you've ruined everything.

If the fans continue to be as vocal as they were against the team yesterday, and this results in attendances dropping by even just a couple of thousand on a regular basis, there is no doubt in my mind he won't be.

Guest andynufc84

Luckily he's only got one more year on his contract.

Aye true, Roeder will be gone sometime in the next 12 months imo.

I don't blame Roeder for anything going wrong at NUFC, or Souness  when he was here. I lay the blame everything at the door of the chairman and his cronies. He makes the decisions at the top which trickle down to what happens on the field.

The board are to blame, no-one else.

Shepherd probably won't sack Roeder because he doesn't like to be seen as a Chairman who sacks managers. We've seen how he protests when the media accuse him of that. He'll do his usual trick - he'll allow Roeder to blow a load of money in a desperate gamble that won't come off.

Unfortunately whatever happens to Roeder, Shepherd will be our chairman at the start of 2007-08.

Guest Knightrider

Luckily he's only got one more year on his contract.

With a 12 month review clause inserted if rumours are to be believed.

Hope he isn't, but think he will.

I despise him as a manager, he's worse than clueless.

At least Souness didn't try to come across as a good fella while he f***** us up.

Souness at least had an idea what he was doing...even though it was a sh*te plan. (ie, he tried to sort the defence out, signed Boumsong & Babayaro, etc...) and he tried sorting out the dressing room. Didn't work, he was sh*te of course...but I just can't see where Roeder is trying to take us or what he's trying to achieve.

Yes I think he will, after we limp to about 42 points for the season the board will probably see the season as 'gaining stability'. Whatever that means.

But, if we start poorly next season he WILL be sacked with less than a year to go on his contract, similar to the SBR situation. Then we are back to square 1, but Roeder will be gone and Freddy will have f***** up royally once again.

This is my fear - I'd hope Freddy can see the danger (surely even if he were as stupid as his most ardent critic assumed Freddy could see this?) and act in the summer when there is a better opportunity to find a suitable candidate than a few weeks into the new season?

Guest andynufc84

Hope he isn't, but think he will.

I despise him as a manager, he's worse than clueless.

At least Souness didn't try to come across as a good fella while he f***** us up.

Souness at least had an idea what he was doing...even though it was a sh*te plan. (ie, he tried to sort the defence out, signed Boumsong & Babayaro, etc...) and he tried sorting out the dressing room. Didn't work, he was sh*te of course...but I just can't see where Roeder is trying to take us or what he's trying to achieve.

Time to update that Roedometer tbh

Guest Knightrider

The way I see it is this: The club don't have the funds to sign a few trophy players to keep fans sweet and nor will there be the prospect of European football, usually a selling point, so they will have to look for another angle and that may well be replacing Roeder with a big name manager or perhaps Shearer taking over earlier than intended. If we finish the season as badly as it seems we will do, with possible heavy defeats at home to Chelsea and Arsenal to come, fans will finally vote with their feet and I estimate Season Ticket renewals could be in the region of 30,000 + for next season and not the usual 40-44,000 + figures the club so often relies on. All this and other small tell tale signs such as Roeder's big talk about doing this and that while the usually opinionated Shepherd sits on quietly saying nowt suggests he has been handed a rope to hang himself with. Furthermore the rumours of a 12 month review clause in his 2 year contract and Roeder almost admitting he has yet to sit down with the board to discuss next season's plans despite talking about these plans as a given (rope + hang??) - I don't know, I think he's in for a shock myself. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the board said "thanks Glenn" when the season comes to an end and try and get Shearer in.

Guest NIToon

I didn't think GR was the right appointment in the first place but I agree with what's already been said here, Freddy will throw money at the problem hoping it will go away, then after a f**k up at the start of the season he won't have an office at SJP by the end of september