Turk on Trial (Left Back)

Ayerso

sad day for the toon if we get a journeyman on trial who hardly any bodys heard of and cannot get a game anywhere but here .how far have we have fallen, 4 years ago this simply would not have happened . :'(

sad day for the toon if we get a journeyman on trial who hardly any bodys heard of and cannot get a game anywhere but here .how far have we have fallen, 4 years ago this simply would not have happened . :'(

Its a good symbol of our decline that anyone actual thinks he might be a decent capture. :(

I can't understand how some of you say he's shit when you haven't even seen him play. Unless you're going by fifa07 or pes.  Looks like he has a lot of experience but that's all I can comment on, never seen him play.

Welcome To Newcastle-Online.

Knee-jerk City.

Avoid if looking for the town of Common Sense, you passed that a long time ago..

Yeah, common sense says that he's BOUND to be a great player.

What next, Steve CLaridge? He's got bags of experience but no top achievements too.

I don't think anyone has said he is a great player yet plenty of people have suggested he is shit.

If I am being honest I don't think he is going to come to much but I am not gonna throw my toys out the pram and automatically claim he is shite due to him being left out of a team with no knowledge as to why he is.

I don't think many people if any have said or suggested he is shit tbh. Many have looked at his record and concluded he is probably not up to much. I don't see how anybody could come to any other conclusion..

It's the club that deserves to be criticised if their search for a new left back has not yielded more promising results than 32 year old never-has-beens. As harmless as getting a player that will probably not cut the mustard on trial may seem, it is very bad PR towards the fans at a time where there already aren't many reasons to rejoice..

Guest Invicta_Toon

like you know who we trialled 4 years ago

"It was in the summer of 2001 that a then 19-year-old Emre left Turkey in a move from Galatasaray to Inter Milan, but he still suffers from a bit of homesickness.

That's one of the reasons why United brought his Turkish compatriot Erol Bulut, who shares the same agent as Emre, across to St James' Park for a couple of days' training this week. But United have absolutely no intention of signing the 32-year-old Turk, even though he can play in the position they need to fill more than any other in the close season - left-back.

Indeed, Glenn Roeder told me today: "I am looking to bring in players who are under 25 and whose best days are in front of them, not behind them."

Not sure of the source, found it on a norwegian forum.

To buy him is not an option.

Guest Albert Ayler

We're not battering an eye-lid at at him, we have no intention to sign him.

If it cost nothing to get him over here, then there's no problem. Good man management from Roeder.

do you

Guest Albert Ayler

do you

N'Zogbia.

Bayern Munich's interest in Emre has been known for some time, and the Chronicle revealed on March 19 that Hertha Berlin were also keen on the 26-year-old Turkish international.

It was in the summer of 2001 that a then 19-year-old Emre left Turkey in a move from Galatasaray to Inter Milan, but he still suffers from a bit of homesickness.

That's one of the reasons why United brought his Turkish compatriot Erol Bulut, who shares the same agent as Emre, across to St James' Park for a couple of days' training this week. But United have absolutely no intention of signing the 32-year-old Turk, even though he can play in the position they need to fill more than any other in the close season - left-back.

Indeed, Glenn Roeder told me today: "I am looking to bring in players who are under 25 and whose best days are in front of them, not behind them."

well peeps looks like we wasted skin for nowt .team of younger pros next season by those comments too

It's the club that deserves to be criticised if their search for a new left back has not yielded more promising results than 32 year old never-has-beens. As harmless as getting a player that will probably not cut the mustard on trial may seem, it is very bad PR towards the fans at a time where there already aren't many reasons to rejoice..

It's because he's being released that we're doing it now, I'm sure he's not our only potential signing.  All the other left backs are too busy playing football to come here for a trial.

Guest Albert Ayler

Defies belief, if we sign a top player it's a Hollywood signing, if we have a look at a player we haven't heard of before the club is in debt etc etc.

Terrific logic.

Guest Ridzuan

Never heard of the player before and Im sure he is rubbish.Anyway most of the player who comes to the club for a trial dont usually end up staying here,and Im hoping its the same case for this lad as well.

Defies belief, if we sign a top player it's a Hollywood signing, if we have a look at a player we haven't heard of before the club is in debt etc etc.

Terrific logic.

so you think its ok to sign shite then .

do you

N'Zogbia.

N'Zogbia's transfer to Newcastle proved to be controversial. Le Havre had tied him to an educational contract, but FIFA and Newcastle claimed that the player had freedom of contract to move on a free transfer. After a protracted saga involving the threat of a case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Newcastle eventually paid a nominal fee to sign him from the French club. The compensation Le Havre received was thought to be in the region of £250,000. Newcastle officially signed N'Zogbia on 2 September 2004. :-X my mistake but as i have said generally triallist normally end up as duds and i still believe this is a crap move and whatever roeder says imho he is checking him out.

Guest Albert Ayler

Terrific logic.

so you think its ok to sign s**** then .

1. He's not signing

2. How do you know he's shit?

have people forgotten Alkmaar?

have people forgotten how disastrous it can be to play unproven right footed CB's at LB ffs?

if he's a poor - average LB, he's a major f****** improvement