So looks like Zoggy is off in the summer.

Parky

It is crazy to say that we need Duff because Zoggy might become unavailable, or have dip in form.

With this logic we might as well buy loads of expensive back ups to Owen, Martins, Emre, Parker and Solano.

Roeder should have spent 10M on Berbatov after getting Martins for 10M, after all no one would dispute that Berbatov at 10M is a bargain. Roeder should then concentrate his effort in getting Pires, Hamann, Dabo, Ballack, Bullard, Lanzaart and Malbranque. All these players are free or cheap.

Nothing personal against Duff but the signing of Duff is not needed. If we are cash loaded then we can afford to waste 5M on anyone. But 5M was a third of our eventual transfer layout and wasting a third of the budget is ridiculous.

In fact i see buying duff was fortunate for us we need him also & how supposed if we don't have Duff if Zog injured most of this season also... emm why people intent to ignore that Zog was still young footballer... Zog need experience... good choice i say buying Duff... like it or not Duff was another factor that will get Zog more better... i still don't agree buying Duff was complete failure because Duff still 1 season with us.

Pires and Ballack just choose CL contender may i remind you all.

Malbranque for me nothing special on him (lesser Duff i say)

It's a shame you're so arrogant that you believe the club signing anyone other than players YOU think they should sign makes it a poor signing.

If I think a player is shiite or even good but not needed, and the club signs him whilst players who I think are good who play in positions that I think need to be filled, yet are overlooked and cast aside, then of course I think its a poor signing. Its stating the obvious, its my opinion.

And likewise, anyone who thinks its a good signing, or one that was needed, is just expressing their opinion, same as me. The only difference is that the opinion of the manager and chairman counts, unlike mine. But if they get it wrong, then I have the right to say that their opinion was/is shiite and that it was a mistake, as was overlooking the players we could have done with who have gone on to play well elsewhere. If they get these decisions/opinions wrong consistently, then I have the right to question their judgement and ability to do their job.

If I think we should have signed Campbell, and Roeder doesnt, and we then struggle in defence for an entire season with utter shiite playing at the back for us, whilst Campbell becomes a rock for Pompey, then of course I'll think that the club made the wrong decision.

So, what is the point you are trying to make? That I cant criticise the transfer dealings of Roeder because you say so? Who are you again? Thats right, a nobody on an internet forum, just like the rest of us. What you say or think means fuck all mate, so yes, I can criticise the manager or chairman for his decisions in the transfer market. Deal with it.

Have to agree, should have signed a def.

It's a shame you're so arrogant that you believe the club signing anyone other than players YOU think they should sign makes it a poor signing.

If I think a player is shiite or even good but not needed, and the club signs him whilst players who I think are good who play in positions that I think need to be filled, yet are overlooked and cast aside, then of course I think its a poor signing. Its stating the obvious, its my opinion.

And likewise, anyone who thinks its a good signing, or one that was needed, is just expressing their opinion, same as me. The only difference is that the opinion of the manager and chairman counts, unlike mine. But if they get it wrong, then I have the right to say that their opinion was/is shiite and that it was a mistake, as was overlooking the players we could have done with who have gone on to play well elsewhere. If they get these decisions/opinions wrong consistently, then I have the right to question their judgement and ability to do their job.

If I think we should have signed Campbell, and Roeder doesnt, and we then struggle in defence for an entire season with utter shiite playing at the back for us, whilst Campbell becomes a rock for Pompey, then of course I'll think that the club made the wrong decision.

So, what is the point you are trying to make? That I cant criticise the transfer dealings of Roeder because you say so? Who are you again? Thats right, a nobody on an internet forum, just like the rest of us. What you say or think means f*** all mate, so yes, I can criticise the manager or chairman for his decisions in the transfer market. Deal with it.

Should have signed another striker, tbh. Although after saying that, an experienced player who was available at a good price is never going to be a bad buy for a position occupied by a young player having his first season. They almost ALWAYS have a big dip the following season. Course, we could use Bramble there since anyone can "do a job" on the left. :)

The point is, in the games Zog has played this season he's looked no more effective in his role than the likes of Bramble, Ramage and Babayaro etc have in their role. In other words, he's suffered the expected big dip and has looked rubbish, hopefully he'll come back strong next season.

The defenders will be better when there is better team play ahead of them, I find it odd that people don't seem to realise or understand this. We have weaknesses all over the place but the main one has been playing the entire season with just one decent striker, and that striker is hardly the best team player, is he?

So, what is the point you are trying to make? That I cant criticise the transfer dealings of Roeder because you say so? Who are you again? Thats right, a nobody on an internet forum, just like the rest of us. What you say or think means f*** all mate, so yes, I can criticise the manager or chairman for his decisions in the transfer market. Deal with it.

Should have signed another striker, tbh. Although after saying that, an experienced player who was available at a good price is never going to be a bad buy for a position occupied by a young player having his first season. They almost ALWAYS have a big dip the following season. Course, we could use Bramble there since anyone can "do a job" on the left. :)

The point is, in the games Zog has played this season he's looked no more effective in his role than the likes of Bramble, Ramage and Babayaro etc have in their role. In other words, he's suffered the expected big dip and has looked rubbish, hopefully he'll come back strong next season.

The defenders will be better when there is better team play ahead of them, I find it odd that people don't seem to realise or understand this. We have weaknesses all over the place but the main one has been playing the entire season with just one decent striker, and that striker is hardly the best team player, is he?

Funny I find it odd some people don't seem to realise that having a quality left back will give us more options to keep the ball when in attack. Would also help N'Zogbia out when he has struggled.

Thing is, for the £5m we spent on Duff we could have picked up McCarthy and Campbell/Woodgate. Might even have been able to pick up some better cover at LB as well. It's easy for me to say this with hindsight, but I didn't know how much we had to spend at the time. Roeder must have.

I appreciate that Zog has been poor this season, but I am of the opinion that Milner and even Dyer can "do a job" on the left better than Titus can at centre back, Ramage can at left back or Carr can anywhere.

Thing is, for the £5m we spent on Duff we could have picked up McCarthy and Campbell/Woodgate. Might even have been able to pick up some better cover at LB as well. It's easy for me to say this with hindsight, but I didn't know how much we had to spend at the time. Roeder must have.

I appreciate that Zog has been poor this season, but I am of the opinion that Milner and even Dyer can "do a job" on the left better than Titus can at centre back, Ramage can at left back or Carr can anywhere.

That's what it all comes down to for me... For us as fans to debate academically is one thing, but Roeder must surely have known the constraints he was working under

That's what it all comes down to for me... For us as fans to debate academically is one thing, but Roeder must surely have known the constraints he was working under

I think he probably didn't. See Sir Bob's book for the secretive way in which Freddie handles transfers. Manager and Chairman agree on a wish list, but I don't think the manager is privy to the financial side and effectively it's down to the Chairman how the budget is divvied up.

I think he probably didn't. See Sir Bob's book for the secretive way in which Freddie handles transfers. Manager and Chairman agree on a wish list, but I don't think the manager is privy to the financial side and effectively it's down to the Chairman how the budget is divvied up.

With FS there always is jiggery pokery and a cut for various 'agents', front companies. hangers on. I'd love to see the paperwork on the Boumsong deal.

Funny I find it odd some people don't seem to realise that having a quality left back will give us more options to keep the ball when in attack. Would also help N'Zogbia out when he has struggled.

Mate, the stuff you post is very, very easy to understand. Sorry, like.

This being the same Titus who looked ok in the CL when we had a decent overall team, especially in CM with a player of the calibre of Speed in there rather than shite like Parker. Not that I'm saying Bramble is great, like.

Well I would think so but often some people just don't seem to get it. Stuck in another era of football I imagine.

Well I would think so but often some people just don't seem to get it. Stuck in another era of football I imagine.

It's pretty easy to get such simplistic points of view. :fallsoverlaughing:

You've never shown any understanding of the concept of team play. Ever.

If he goes he goes, nothing much we can do about it, but if this is because he wants to go then fk him! no point keeping a player who does not want to be here. If we get decent money then great, yes it will hurt to see him progress at another club and turn into the player we all know he can be.

Thing is though he is going to have to learn that he cannot be the only left winger at a club, any club in the world needs 2 top players for every position, we bought Duff after Robert left and there was nothing wrong with that. Charles needs to grow up and get on with his career. All we can do is hope that its going to be here where he does it.

Aye right :lol:

From someone who doesn't see the importance of a quality left back because we obviously don't need them to keep possesion in oppostion half.  :thup: :idiot2:

I understand fully the importance of having good footballers across all areas of the pitch and I also understand the importance of relative positions within a team. You have an obsession with the LB position, for some reason.

Yes, we need a better LB. We also need more than just Martins up front. Did you check the goals scored column recently? Did you watch the match against Arsenal again to see how often the ball comes straight back when it gets to the front man? We also need a better player in CM than Parker and better CB's as well. As a player who was likely to slump (Zog) the club took the opportunity to bring in an experienced wide man for the left side, a position that is notoriously difficult to fill effectively.

To think of the flak I took while Robert was here by claiming he was miles better than Duff and yet here I am defending the signing of a player I don't even rate that highly. I think he's just a decent player who became available and was added to the squad, that's all.

Young players slump, they have to be brought on properly. If by not using Zog very much this season turns him into a better player further down the line through not being over-used following his good season last time out I'll be well happy with the signing of Duff. I doubt you and your chums have thought of that possibility though.......no doubt this is just another "excuse" to you.  mackems.gif