So looks like Zoggy is off in the summer.

Parky

Did he sign the new contract?

Yes

You 100% sure?

Yes it was mentioned in the Newcastle United Plc Interim Results for the six months ended 31 December 2006 released on 30th March this year.

Guest smoggeordie

Yes

You 100% sure?

Yes it was mentioned in the Newcastle United Plc Interim Results for the six months ended 31 December 2006 released on 30th March this year.

QFT.

Yes

You 100% sure?

He was meant to sign a 3 yr extension at the end of last season...I think he did sign.

There was lots of talk of it offered, that its was going to be signed, then nothing, and IIRC its been asked here before and no definitive answer was ever concluded.

Since Com (the new cock) has him as retained until 09, it suggests the new 3 year extension wasn't signed doesn't it? As an 09 finish would of meant he was already out in 06 when he was supposed to signt he 3 year, which we all know he wasn't ???

Confused.com

I'm not sure now. I don't remember any re-signing fuss...So you maybe right. I think he's already pencilled in to replace that Swedish prick.

Yes

You 100% sure?

Got a link?

Not that i dont believe you, i just want to actually see it with my own eyes and put this one to bed, cheers.

Guest smoggeordie

Yes

You 100% sure?

Got a link?

Not that i dont believe you, i just want to actually see it with my own eyes and put this one to bed, cheers.

It was on .cock ages ago, in the middle of some zillion page document you had to download.

Yes

You 100% sure?

Got a link?

It was on .cock ages ago, in the middle of some zillion page document you had to download.

Wiki:

He finished fourth in the club's leading goal scorers in the 2005-06 season with six goals. He also contributed five assists in the Premier League. This good form attracted clubs such as Arsenal and was tipped by Zinedine Zidane to have a future in the French national team but he signed a three year contract extension for Newcastle at the end of the season. Newcastle finished 7th in the Premiership that season.

Well for a start he's realised Duff is GR's No.1 regardless of form...and recently he hasn't even made the bench. Also the rumours of training ground unhapiness between manager and player and the fact Wenger wants him. End of story really.

Duff has been one of out best players in our last 2 games so for me obviously Zog is 2nd choice. As for him going I doubt it as Roeder won't let him go as he knows it will give him another position to fill.

That's enough is it? That he can have two good games and be first choice? :lol:

Dear me - especially if one of those games was Man City, where Duff was a fucking disgrace.

Guest TheOrder

Well for a start he's realised Duff is GR's No.1 regardless of form...and recently he hasn't even made the bench. Also the rumours of training ground unhapiness between manager and player and the fact Wenger wants him. End of story really.

Duff has been one of out best players in our last 2 games so for me obviously Zog is 2nd choice. As for him going I doubt it as Roeder won't let him go as he knows it will give him another position to fill.

Dear me - especially if one of those games was Man City, where Duff was a f****** disgrace.

Dunno what game you were watching Wullie. Thought Duff was the best of a bad bunch that day like.

Guest smoggeordie

Dear me - especially if one of those games was Man City, where Duff was a f****** disgrace.

Duff was our best player against city, unnecessary criticism imo.

Dunno what game you were watching Wullie. Thought Duff was the best of a bad bunch that day like.

I thought they were all pretty abysmal. That they were doesn't excuse Duff of being the same waste of space he's been all season.

N'Zogbia has been shite all season aswell though, its not as if he really deserves to play based on his performances

He's 21! He's not an experienced Premiership player and international like Duff purports to be.

How can he get his place back when he's not allowed near the bench, especially since he's played most of this season out of position?

Duff's form doesn't even deserve to keep Luque out of the team.. it's nice though, that he showed some enthusiasm for a change the last couple of games.. Zoggy isn't better this season too but i was hoping that Roeder would rotate them and the competition would improve them both..

N'Zogbia has been shite all season aswell though, its not as if he really deserves to play based on his performances

He's 21! He's not an experienced Premiership player and international like Duff purports to be.

How can he get his place back when he's not allowed near the bench, especially since he's played most of this season out of position?

What left wing and the odd game in central midfield, where he claims is his best place?

I'm not excusing Duff, don't get me wrong, just don't think CNZ is as good as some people make him out really.

What left wing and the odd game in central midfield, where he claims is his best place?

I'm not excusing Duff, don't get me wrong, just don't think CNZ is as good as some people make him out really.

He can claim what he likes, left wing is his best position, even if he prefers the centre. It's not up to him to decide, it's up to the manager and the coaches to get the best out of him in his best position - an idea that's fucking hilarious at NUFC. That's why he'll be away, because he's French and maybe moody and probably doesn't laugh at Parasite MacDermott's jokes.

How good is he then? He was superb last season, and this year he's started 9 Premiership games - 9, at least half of them in the centre I would bet.

Apparently that's enough to dump a 21 year old in favour of a has-been. That's why we're Newcastle United and that's why we win fuck all.

N'Zogbia has been s**** all season aswell though, its not as if he really deserves to play based on his performances

He can claim what he likes, left wing is his best position, even if he prefers the centre. It's not up to him to decide, it's up to the manager and the coaches to get the best out of him in his best position - an idea that's f****** hilarious at NUFC. That's why he'll be away, because he's French and maybe moody and probably doesn't laugh at Parasite MacDermott's jokes.

How good is he then? He was superb last season, and this year he's started 9 Premiership games - 9, at least half of them in the centre I would bet.

Apparently that's enough to dump a 21 year old in favour of a has-been. That's why we're Newcastle United and that's why we win f*** all.

This is Glenn's idea of protecting him. :idiot2:

I'll be heartbroken when N'Zogbia goes.

Can't believe some people aren't bothered that he looks to be on the way out. Sure, he's not the finished article yet. But who is at 21?

He's got everything you need to be a top winger. Pace, power, work ethic, tracks back, couple of tricks in his locker and can swing in crosses with real pace.

He was by far our most productive player last season, ran the show for us. Despite the fact that the team around him was dreadful and he was only a youngster.

So what happens?

We buy someone to take his place while the shit players around him keep their place. Frankly, I'd be off too if I were him.

Duff will never be the player he once was. Even if he rediscovers some semblence of form his best assett was always his quickness. He's getting older now, meaning his pace will gradually decline. He's past it as a top player.

Meanwhile, N'Zogbia has the potential to be a top player for years to come. But no, we can't have that at Newcastle United.

We're a shambles of a club, and the departure of Zoggy will just further solidify that.

£7 million pounds would be a very good price for Zoggy, and if that's what's on offer, I'd take it.

In the long term, I think his future would be better served as a full back rather than a winger. He's a good athlete, but his touch on the ball isn't great. Trouble is, he doesn't really have the steady, cool-headed temperament that you want from a defender at the moment, so it may be a while before he sorts himself out.

At the moment, there seems to be a big gap between his own opinion of his ability, and the reality. He needs to do a lot of work on his game.

Duff will never be the player he once was. Even if he rediscovers some semblence of form his best assett was always his quickness. He's getting older now, meaning his pace will gradually decline. He's past it as a top player.

Complete crap. Duff has never relied on outright pace. He's got great skill on the ball, and he's a far better player than you're giving him credit for. He's struggled for fitness in the first half of the season, but he can really make things happen, and it's showing now.

If we sold him i would probably be as gutted as i was when we sold Woodgate. I keep saying it but i really do think he can go on to be a top top player for both club and country. He's got an eye for goal and i reckon he will score near abouts 8-10 goals a season regularly in a few years, which would be very good going for a winger.

Complete crap. Duff has never relied on outright pace. He's got great skill on the ball, and he's a far better player than you're giving him credit for. He's struggled for fitness in the first half of the season, but he can really make things happen, and it's showing now.

Great skill on the ball? He's fairly limited with the ball at his feet. His first touch is average, he scuffs as many crosses as he connects with.

His best talent has always been his ability to beat two or three men at a time with a bit of good dribbling. I suppose pace is the wrong word, maybe acceleration would be better. As he gets older, this will decline.

He had a good game yesterday apparently, and good for him. He was due.

Still doesn't explain why he was bought and why we'll lose N'Zogbia, a much better long term prospect, as a result of this.