Spuds tonight

madras

Solid prospects of qualifying for Uefa next season again, I'll continue to be satisfied if we continue to improve overall on what we did the season before.  We may not be assured of 5th place that was achieved last season, but taking into account performances in the 3 cup competitions as well as the premiership, I still think improvement is still ongoing.

I read yesterday that Spurs that last year was the only time in 16 years that Spurs finished in the top six, which frankly amazed me, and possibly puts last season in perspective.

FWIW I've quite enjoyed watching their UEFA games this season, unfashionable thought it may be to admit it here.

Solid prospects of qualifying for Uefa next season again, I'll continue to be satisfied if we continue to improve overall on what we did the season before.  We may not be assured of 5th place that was achieved last season, but taking into account performances in the 3 cup competitions as well as the premiership, I still think improvement is still ongoing.

I read yesterday that Spurs that last year was the only time in 16 years that Spurs finished in the top six, which frankly amazed me, and possibly puts last season in perspective.

FWIW I've quite enjoyed watching their UEFA games this season, unfashionable thought it may be to admit it here.

Yep, it was a record of never in the top 6, never in the bottom 6, since the premiership was created.  Epitome of mediocrity! :lol: 

Spurs have played some half decent stuff this season though it has been interspersed with some dross, bit of a rollercoaster ride not knowing what to expect when you turn up at WHL!  Seems like there will be changes in the not too distant future though.  There's definitely been (at least) 2 meetings about using Wembley for 2 years though I don't know if it would be for a redevelopment of WHL or a new stadium.  Perhaps more curioser is I was offered a bet last night if I thought Levy would still be at the helm on 15 June 2008, £4k at 6/4. 

Betting those levels is not for me but the fella who offered the bet knows him pretty well, I know Levy is very much a lover of the Florida sunshine, got homes over there.  I'm not convinced Levy won't be selling sometime soon.  Don't have a clue what the significance of that date is though.  It did cross my mind that Levy might be pursuing a redevelopment of WHL to maybe get a better price in the same way it's been mooted here with FFS and the expansion of SJP, but other than that, don't have a clue.

Did anyone else want to strangle Drury when he said "I dare you Tottenham, I dare you"? Even Pleat must have been thinking 'c**t!'

Mind you Pleat thought initially that Tottenham's left back tonight was Chimbonda, where he was right, then graduated to Chimbomba (wrong, David)...to Shimbomba (even more wrong, David) before settling on Shimboma.

Other Spurs players playing last night included

Berbov

Taneo

and Malbrank.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Fair play to MJ for coming on here today like, cos he's nailed-on to get some grief, and despite his claims that he's not overly depressed, he must be absolutely fucking gutted in truth. ;)

Defence coach Jerry Sienfeld?

Always with the Jews. :lol:

They're everywhere......Well it is Spurs. ;)

What will it be this time dodgy falafael?

NO CUP FOR YOU!!!

Guest Gemmill

poor old Jermaine back in a goldfish bowl :lol:

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/101306.aspx

He's fucking shit.  And he's a coward who hides when things aren't going his way.  I really don't like the lad.  Mind, there's some knowledge on that Spurs forum - "you either play him wide right or not at all".  Jenas?  Wide right?  With Aaron Lennon in your squad.  Wtf?

poor old Jermaine back in a goldfish bowl :lol:

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/101306.aspx

He's fucking shit.  And he's a coward who hides when things aren't going his way.  I really don't like the lad.  Mind, there's some knowledge on that Spurs forum - "you either play him wide right or not at all".  Jenas?  Wide right?  With Aaron Lennon in your squad.  Wtf?

One of the posts on there - think it might be by enter pitbul or something - sums him up to a T.

If Carrick is the "Washing Machine" as Tainio called him, with all balls recycled through him, then Jenas is surely the Microwave, disintegrating our play into a flabby, rubbery mess.

Did anyone else want to strangle Drury when he said "I dare you Tottenham, I dare you"? Even Pleat must have been thinking 'c**t!'

Mind you Pleat thought initially that Tottenham's left back tonight was Chimbonda, where he was right, then graduated to Chimbomba (wrong, David)...to Shimbomba (even more wrong, David) before settling on Shimboma.

Other Spurs players playing last night included

Berbov

Taneo

and Malbrank.

Shiboopi is what it will hopefully move on to next.

spurs were awful in the first half.  In every part of the pitch.

They deserved to get beat.  I think they should pay me money for having to watch such a shite performance!

Second half was better, but they need a proper striker upfront, berbatov just isnt clinical enough. 

The ref was terrible but overall the spanish were far the better side.

Just been on that Glory Glory site. What a bunch of homotional plebs... better side over both legs my arse.

I've never understood the "better side lost" argument.  You didn't score enough goals, cunts!

Just been on that Glory Glory site. What a bunch of homotional plebs... better side over both legs my arse.

Can never really understand what possesses anybody to go on that site.  It's never a true reflection of what the majority of Spurs fans really think. 

Can never really understand what possesses anybody to go on that site.  It's never a true reflection of what the majority of Spurs fans really think. 

Have you got any other Spurs forum you would recommend?

Tottenham need to get rid of Michael Dawson and Paul Robinson. From a selfish point of view they shouldn't go but for Spurs' sake these 2 are liabilities now. Apart from looking fierce Dawson is error prone. Apart from looking angry Robinson offers nothing more than routine save.

Zokora needs to go forward more and Aaron Lennon needs to vary his play aside from kick and run if he wants to be a top class player.

Of course, if all Spurs players are better they won't be where they are now.

BOttomline is, Dawson and Robinson should not be any near to the national team. Lescott and Taylor are better than the former and Foster, Carson, James and Kirkland better than the latter.

The lost Michael Carrick, and replace him with Zokora. There is more steel in the midfield but they sorely miss the forward advance of Carrick. Jenas can't fill the void. However for Spurs, I still think that the sacking of Dawson and Robsinson is more important than the acquisistion of a midfielder better than Jenas. With King seemingly injury prone and Rocha no where near the standard of fellow countryman Andrade, Cavalho and Meira, a central defender would be the priority.

Tottenham need to get rid of Michael Dawson and Paul Robinson. From a selfish point of view they shouldn't go but for Spurs' sake these 2 are liabilities now. Apart from looking fierce Dawson is error prone. Apart from looking angry Robinson offers nothing more than routine save.

Zokora needs to go forward more and Aaron Lennon needs to vary his play aside from kick and run if he wants to be a top class player.

Of course, if all Spurs players are better they won't be where they are now.

BOttomline is, Dawson and Robinson should not be any near to the national team. Lescott and Taylor are better than the former and Foster, Carson, James and Kirkland better than the latter.

I must have seen a different Dawson because the one who plays for Spurs looking like a fucking ponce! :lol:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7584/daws373zl1.jpg

Scares the shit out of me like  :laugh:

dawson is shite. spuds need rid of him, i have never seen a centre half look so lost (apart from some of the shite we have had) as he did at sjp this year. they should have fucked him off when they did davenport, another pile.

same goes for robinson. this fat fucker is awful. drops clangers left, right and centre. couldnt save up.

i may be alone here but i dont rate lennon to highly either. his jazz hands are funny to watch but i dont realy see him do anything great, he seems to lack end product.

having said that he is very very young and games like west ham this season make me think he will def improve.

jenas isnt good enough and as someone has already said their strikers are not clinical enough.

oh, thay lee young whatever is shite as well.

apart from that though, theyre alreet!

still better than us like!

The lost Michael Carrick, and replace him with Zokora. There is more steel in the midfield but they sorely miss the forward advance of Carrick. Jenas can't fill the void. However for Spurs, I still think that the sacking of Dawson and Robsinson is more important than the acquisistion of a midfielder better than Jenas. With King seemingly injury prone and Rocha no where near the standard of fellow countryman Andrade, Cavalho and Meira, a central defender would be the priority.

I think you've got the right ideas if what I've been hearing is accurate.  Robbo is being questioned rather than actively seeking a replacement yet, Dervitte would probably have been pushing hard if it hadn't been for his ACL, Meira is on the radar as was Metzelder before he opted for Real Madrid and there others being mentioned.  Carrick was the big loss though, he was tapped up, told Spurs he wanted to go to them but also said he wouldn't rock the boat if Manusa wouldn't offer a fair price.  That's why we got what we did and why there's no animosity to him.  Having said all that, he still hasn't been replaced, Zokora was to play with Carrick, not replace him. 

Add the ongoing efforts for Davies, Bale and Barnes and I wouldn't be surprised to see half a dozen new faces in the next window.

i may be alone here but i dont rate lennon to highly either. his jazz hands are funny to watch but i dont realy see him do anything great, he seems to lack end product.

You're not alone at all - the latest in a long line of over-rated English bright young things. So very "meh"