Ashton, Bent, Tevez, Saviola...

KaKa

I'll be amazed if we buy a striker this summer, like, or even if we get one in on a free.

I'd think if Owen and Martins stay, Roeder will be happy with his striking options as Owen and Shola will be like "two new signings" in his eyes, and you can sort of see his point. Martins, Owen, Ameobi, Sibierski, Dyer and Carroll will probably be considered by Glenn as his striking pool for next term (although I think KD will play in the midfield if he's fit). That's three "target men" strikers and three "quick" strikers, in the simplest form, and I can genuinely see Roeder being entirely satisfied with it. Not that many of us will be, mind.

This is especially if we don't qualify for Europe, I should add, because that's far less games to spread out amongst the squad and Roeder will probably have other areas that need urgent attention after he jettisons Bernard, Bramble, Moore, Onyewu, Emre, N'Zogbia and Luque.

EDIT: Should really note that if those who are expected to leave do go (and I'd say only Emre/N'Zogbia have a chance of staying out of those 7 above) then we'd have as many strikers (5 - Ameobi, Carroll, Martins, Owen and Sibierski) as defenders (5 - Babayaro, Carr, Ramage, Solano and Taylor)/midfielders (5 - Butt, Duff, Dyer, Milner and Parker) (maybe more strikers, depending on where you put Dyer). That puts things into perspective a bit more. I really cannot see us getting anything other than defenders and midfielders this summer, unless one of our forwards leaves, of course. People hoping for a £10M striker coming in regardless will be sorely disappointed, I think.

If you look at those lists, as well, there's more chance of the likes of Babayaro and Carr going than ANY of the strikers, in Roeder's "purge".

One thing is for sure: it's going to be a very busy summer.

I'd love it if we signed Tevez, but not as a striker. Convert him to a CM/AM and play him with Parker or even Emre against lower-standard teams and at most home-games.

waste of talent mate.

If you say so. :rolleyes:

I'm simply pointing out that Tevez is massively preferable to either Owen or Martins dear boy.

So, will an excellent striker prevent us from being dominated the whole game :lol:

YOU inferred the statement that having such a good player guarantees you won't struggle. So MY question to YOU is how exactly did NUFC struggle when they had Beardsley, and then he improved Liverpool ?

:lol: When and where do I infer such statement?

I realise you may not be able to answer this.

:lol: Of course not. How could I answer your own imaginary questions?

MY point, is that I am making  a judgement of a footballer, but I realise some people can't do that,

So, what is the relevance between having a good striker and having a left back that prevent us from being dominated?

especially those who think we would be better off signing a left back.

So, please could you share with us your wise judgement that if a good striker will prevent us from being dominated throughout the game? :lol:

Perhaps you could tell us when exactly a left back made a significant difference to a team that finished in a mid table league position ?

So, share with us why West Ham having Tevez are still in the relegation zone :lol:

If you care to read the posts, I have said on numerous occasions that a striker/forward and an attacking midfield player is what this team needs to transform and improve it. I've said it since August and I still think it applies.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: As if all of us only want the club to sign a left back and call it a day, or a season :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am pleased for you that you are one of those who appear to believe that a left back will transform the pattern and shape of the team so much that we will be enforcing oursleves on the opposition next season.

Ha ha ha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Ha ha ha

Presumably you think when he plays the ball out of defence, or runs with it, he will pass it forward to himself, where he will hold the ball and enable the team to push forward and take the initiative and dominate the pace of the game. Then he will also support the front men when they run wide to take the ball, make runs into the box, and get back into our own half of the field in a few seconds to mark the likes of Ronaldo, Robben, or Lennon, if, or when, the move breaks down, due to lack of ability of the front men to hold the ball and enable the midfield players or midfield player --- oops sorry his left back --- to support him.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Presumably, your excellent striker is so hardworking, skillful and versatile that he patrols the flank to prevent balls being whipped in.

Presumably, your excellent striker is so hardworking, skillful and versatile that after putting a last ditch tackle to prevent a goal scoring opportunity from the opponent, he plays the ball out of defense, passes the ball to the midfielder and then runs on to receive the final pass and score.

Presumably, your excellent striker has telephatic ability that after having sweet interpassings with winger he disappears from the flank and appears in the box at once to receive the cross and head it in.

Presumably, your excellent striker is energetic that he could do the afforementioned works throughout the 90 minutes non stop.

Alas, an excellent striker will indeed prevent us from being dominated the whole game :lol:

Alas, who need full backs, midfielders, defenders and goalkeeper when an excellent striker is more than enough to prevent us from being dominated :lol: I really need to visit Cuckoo Island sometimes

Tevez has really earned my respect.

After a couple games when he failed to produce in a an appalling team (dominated by centre back Peter Ramage at one point), he was first moved out of position, and was then dropped, and was then initially ignored by the new manager.

Many players would have just sulked, put their feet up until the end of the season, and then secured a move to numerous willing suitors.

He will probably still do the latter, and he may have upset a few with some harmless Robert-esque comments to the Argentine media, but otherwise, he has just got his head down, and tried his best at playing football, forcing his way back to being a starter in his regular position, and finally showing some real quality.

Guest Toon83

Newcastle's strike force for next season is looking very good at the moment, with the returns of Shola and Owen and the emergence and development of Caroll, then we have a good solid goalscoring forward line next season but...............

I wouldnt mind signing Mark Viduka on a free as another option to the forward line we already have, he would bring another element to our forward line, as he can hold the ball up and is a class act on the ball.

I know i'm going to get stick for this, about his apparent weight issues, but i would have him in my team straight away.

Newcastle's strike force for next season is looking very good at the moment, with the returns of Shola and Owen and the emergence and development of Caroll, then we have a good solid goalscoring forward line next season but...............

I wouldnt mind signing Mark Viduka on a free as another option to the forward line we already have, he would bring another element to our forward line, as he can hold the ball up and is a class act on the ball.

I know i'm going to get stick for this, about his apparent weight issues, but i would have him in my team straight away.

People slate him but he would add a lot to our team. Vast improvement on Sibierski.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Jon's dream team of Sam Allardyce as manager and Viduka up front

Would pull off better results than we have had this season tbh, wouldn't take fatty Robinson though!

Staggering claim tbh

Would pull off better results than we have had this season tbh, wouldn't take fatty Robinson though!

Staggering claim tbh

Not really, a manager who knows what he is doing and knows how to change a game if needed and a striker who can do more than the occasional flick and odd scrappy goal.

Quite confident that would improve us.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Staggering claim tbh

Not really, a manager who knows what he is doing and knows how to change a game if needed and a striker who can do more than the occasional flick and odd scrappy goal.

compare the times this season that scrappy goal by Sib has pulled us out the fire, and how many times a Viduka goal has come at a time that really mattered

Viduka is all about himself. He'd celebrate scoring in the 90th minute when we were 3 nil down the fat Aussie cunt

Viduka is all about himself. He'd celebrate scoring in the 90th minute when we were 3 nil down the fat Aussie cunt

You've got the wrong Aussie cunt there - you're talking about Harry ubercunt Kewell :lol:

Seriously though, Viduka might be inconsistent and might be a big unit but selfish isn't something I'd attribute to him. In fact his shite scoring record at international level is precisely because he has spent almost an entire international career up front by himself, back to goal laying off chances for the likes of Kewell, Bresciano and Emerton...

Staggering claim tbh

compare the times this season that scrappy goal by Sib has pulled us out the fire, and how many times a Viduka goal has come at a time that really mattered

No you got me there, Sibierski IS a better striker than Viduka! :lol:

To think Stevie bangs on about you having no clue when it comes to football! Silly man!

Not the biggest Viduka fan by any means but he's five times the player Sibierski is. And that's being generous to Le Sib.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Staggering claim tbh

To think Stevie bangs on about you having no clue when it comes to football! Silly man!

did I say he was better giraffe boy? I said what has Viduka's 'class' given Boro that Sib hasn't given us in terms of goals when it mattered?

Staggering claim tbh

did I say he was better giraffe boy? I said what has Viduka's 'class' given Boro that Sib hasn't given us in terms of goals when it mattered?

Bit of a stupid comment no? End of the day Viduka is a lot better player than Sibierski so would have improved our play had he been in our team this season.

Its not rocket/lego science!

I'm simply pointing out that Tevez is massively preferable to either Owen or Martins dear boy.

So, will an excellent striker prevent us from being dominated the whole game :lol:

YOU inferred the statement that having such a good player guarantees you won't struggle. So MY question to YOU is how exactly did NUFC struggle when they had Beardsley, and then he improved Liverpool ?

:lol: When and where do I infer such statement?

I realise you may not be able to answer this.

:lol: Of course not. How could I answer your own imaginary questions?

MY point, is that I am making  a judgement of a footballer, but I realise some people can't do that,

So, what is the relevance between having a good striker and having a left back that prevent us from being dominated?

especially those who think we would be better off signing a left back.

So, please could you share with us your wise judgement that if a good striker will prevent us from being dominated throughout the game? :lol:

Perhaps you could tell us when exactly a left back made a significant difference to a team that finished in a mid table league position ?

So, share with us why West Ham having Tevez are still in the relegation zone :lol:

If you care to read the posts, I have said on numerous occasions that a striker/forward and an attacking midfield player is what this team needs to transform and improve it. I've said it since August and I still think it applies.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: As if all of us only want the club to sign a left back and call it a day, or a season :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am pleased for you that you are one of those who appear to believe that a left back will transform the pattern and shape of the team so much that we will be enforcing oursleves on the opposition next season.

Ha ha ha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Ha ha ha

Presumably you think when he plays the ball out of defence, or runs with it, he will pass it forward to himself, where he will hold the ball and enable the team to push forward and take the initiative and dominate the pace of the game. Then he will also support the front men when they run wide to take the ball, make runs into the box, and get back into our own half of the field in a few seconds to mark the likes of Ronaldo, Robben, or Lennon, if, or when, the move breaks down, due to lack of ability of the front men to hold the ball and enable the midfield players or midfield player --- oops sorry his left back --- to support him.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Presumably, your excellent striker is so hardworking, skillful and versatile that he patrols the flank to prevent balls being whipped in.

Presumably, your excellent striker is so hardworking, skillful and versatile that after putting a last ditch tackle to prevent a goal scoring opportunity from the opponent, he plays the ball out of defense, passes the ball to the midfielder and then runs on to receive the final pass and score.

Presumably, your excellent striker has telephatic ability that after having sweet interpassings with winger he disappears from the flank and appears in the box at once to receive the cross and head it in.

Presumably, your excellent striker is energetic that he could do the afforementioned works throughout the 90 minutes non stop.

Alas, an excellent striker will indeed prevent us from being dominated the whole game :lol:

Alas, who need full backs, midfielders, defenders and goalkeeper when an excellent striker is more than enough to prevent us from being dominated :lol: I really need to visit Cuckoo Island sometimes

You're that person from smoggieland aren't you ?

It shows.

You're that person from smoggieland aren't you ?

It shows.

And you a Geordie? It definitely does show :lol: ...

what are you trying to say about Geordies ?

..............Given................

Nol.....Tayls....CB.........LB

..............Parker...............

Milner........................Duff

................TEVEZ..............

.........Martins...Owen........

tbh.