Players in public

Guest hindu times

Guest Howaythetoon

I quite like Rio, great player in his day and arguably the best all-round CB of the last few decades in the PL era. My mate met him once and he was a gentleman apparently and was more interested in his life than his own. Just shows you how good the likes of Maldini and Nesta were though as they were a level above him IMO.

I saw him in a garage on Princess Parkway Manchester one morning 7 years ago. I was pushing a double buggy, wild-haired and tired-eyed after pretty much a sleepless night. I'd left a radgy sleep-deprived wife in bed and pushed the kids two miles to get them to sleep. I noticed someone watching me approach and it registered it was him. I wasn't in the mood for any footy fan banter (and let's face it: Manure) but he patted my shoulder and gave a knowing smile as a wandered into the shop (probably for alcohol!). Thought afterwards it was a lovely human gesture.

I met him before the stadium tour he just appeared from nowhere and started talking about the history of Newcastle United I tried for ages to speak to him but he just ignored me and talked over what I was saying and as quick as he arrived he was gone I remember thinking "how rude"

I met him before the stadium tour he just appeared from nowhere and started talking about the history of Newcastle United I tried for ages to speak to him but he just ignored me and talked over what I was saying and as quick as he arrived he was gone I remember thinking "how rude"

[emoji38] [emoji38] This is hilarious for anyone that knows what you're on about.

[emoji38] [emoji38] This is hilarious for anyone that knows what you're on about.

:lol: I just got this. Hilarious.