Bundesliga (und Fußball) - 2017/18

samag

Going to Dortmund vs Koln in March, can't wait! (Despite them being s*** now)

Enjoy. I absolutely loved it when I went last year, my favourite matchday experience by an absolute mile.

Good ground to go to?

World Cup will be there in May still I think... :smug:

It's an outstanding ground, brilliant atmosphere. Whereabouts are you sitting?

Going in the Ostkurve I believe with the more Ultra type fans...

Good ground to go to?

World Cup will be there in May still I think... :smug:

It's an outstanding ground, brilliant atmosphere. Whereabouts are you sitting?

Going in the Ostkurve I believe with the more Ultra type fans...

Aye, that's the best place to be. You'll have a fantastic time. :thup: I only went to the match initially because we were in Berlin anyway and have ended up going back twice just to watch the football.

• 1 month later...

Been keeping an eye on the 2. Bundesliga and RB Leipzig are doing their best to delay their inevitable promotion. Been on an awful run, long may it continue.

Tuchel been heavily linked with the job if they get promoted.

I'd be simultaneously delighted and gutted if Tuchel gets the HSV job. On one hand it'd be a great appointment for my German team, although they need to stay up first, on the other it would mean another top coach out of the running for the nufc job.

HSV have been through six coaches in two seasons, ridiculous.

I'd be simultaneously delighted and gutted if Tuchel gets the HSV job. On one hand it'd be a great appointment for my German team, although they need to stay up first, on the other it would mean another top coach out of the running for the nufc job.

Hamburg appear to be trying very hard to get relegated. They were fortunate last year in the playoff and heading south again this year, but as you say seems to be a result of massive instability. Still, to me anyway it's weird seeing massive clubs (in my eyes) like Hamburg and Stuttgart in 16th and 18th, albeit the latter got a win at the weekend.

Paderborn unfortunately look like finishing bottom after starting so promisingly.

:aww: Another Rothosen supporter

Hamburg appear to be trying very hard to get relegated. They were fortunate last year in the playoff and heading south again this year, but as you say seems to be a result of massive instability. Still, to me anyway it's weird seeing massive clubs (in my eyes) like Hamburg and Stuttgart in 16th and 18th, albeit the latter got a win at the weekend.

Paderborn unfortunately look like finishing bottom after starting so promisingly.

We're trying extremely hard unfortunately.

Just seen that Bundesliga has overtaken England in UEFA coefficients

Will that change the number of CL/EL spots for the PL?

Nah - got to slip to 4th overall for that to happen.

Just seen that Bundesliga has overtaken England in UEFA coefficients

Will that change the number of CL/EL spots for the PL?

Nah - got to slip to 4th overall for that to happen.

Howay you Italians

This will be the first season in 5 they'll get more points than the PL so it'd have to all their remaining teams winning/finalists to really close it up.

Next season there will be a massive swing cos 10/11 gets thrown off. PL needs to up its game next year otherwise they'd be looking at losing it in 17/18

For people going to Dortmund, man it's so good. I think we were in the Ostkurve too. Was like a festival atmosphere. People pouring beers, adults, kids, men, women. Dortmund scored six and one overweight chap kept running over to us and we all kept kissing his head every time, as if he'd become a good luck charm :lol:

:aww: Another Rothosen supporter

Yep, went to Hamburg on a school exchange in 1995. Stayed with a family of HSV fanatics and I've followed them ever since.

Just been so badly managed over the last few years. it'd be a shame for them to go down as it would break the streak of playing every bundesliga season but it may be good in the long run. Like nufc the club needs to strip a load of shit away and start again.