ManU vs Milan, Kaka vs Ronaldo

tmonkey
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With comments like 'bugger off back to Bulgaria' you appear to be saying this person is not allowed to challenge your opinion. Constant references to his country and number of matches attended etc suggest you can't accept his right to an opinion because of where he lives. Ludicrous. :lol:

He's like that to everyone who doesn't agree with his views though. He simply can't be wrong apparently because he's been to more games than a lot of people here (given his age, thats understandable). His opinion is therefore fact, apparently.

NE5 your constant need to prove yourself reminds me of a small child, you should have apologised and we could have got on with the thread.

I think you should read the thread again. I don't recall me addressing NUFC06 at any stage, I merely replied, and corrected him.

I also said Ronaldo would be a world star, funnily enough after the first time I saw him play, which was the first time I saw Luque, and was roundly condemned by people like you for making judgments on one game, just because I wrote Luque off

So the first time you saw Ronaldo was on Luque's debut?

You do know Ronaldo has been at Man Utd since 2003 don't you? Over 2 years before Luque joined us.

stop being pedantic. You know what I mean. The first time we saw Luque was against manure, and Ronaldo was streets better than him, yet people have spent 2 years telling us that Luque "would come good" and other such bollocks.

Maybe if we had had a DOF he would have done better  :lol:

Read what you've said again before calling me pedantic, you clearly say the first time you saw Ronaldo was also the first time you saw Luque.

As for your childish comment about DOF, there is a thread down the page about Arsenal appointing one, feel free to post about it in there.

I can;t be arsed. You know how I feel.

A DOF wins you nothing. What would you do if everybody had a DOF??????? Would everyone win trophies  :lol:

Rubbish.

Who said a DOF wins you trophies?

Post in there NE5 and tell us how top managers don't need a DOF, then explain why Wenger, the manager you rate as the best in the league and would do anything to get him here, is wrong for saying it's important that he gets one as he can't do it all himself.

in that case, if he doesn't help  you win  trophies, its a waste of time having one.

I don't rate Wenger the best in the league, one of the best, but not the best. Interestingly, the best managers have won everything in sight without needing a DOF.

What would you do if everybody appointed a DOF ?

Invent a new fancy title for a scout / youth team development officer  :lol:

I didn't say the best in the World, I said the best in the league which is what you've said previously.

Out of interest - Who do you think is the best manager in the World?

As for what would happen if every club had a DOF, I would of thought it would come down to who had the best DOF with the best contacts, similar to having the best managers etc.

Here's a link to the thread in case you want to share your views on the subject.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=38947.0

The constant references to Bulgaria do you no favours NE5.

Well deserved in fact. If he thinks he knows all about NUFC, then its his problem Dave.

You're unbelievable. He never said hes knows all about NUFC or even that he knows more than you. Stop being so fucking elitest and close-minded. Yes, you've been too far more games over far more years than me and NUFC06. Well done. I'm only 20, he's 22. Neither of us live local to Newcastle, in fact NUFC06 lives in another country but that does not mean for a second that we're automatically wrong with whatever we say about the club.

And what on earth exactly are you on about when you accuse me of writing Ronaldo and Luque off after one game (presumably you're talking about the game between us and them at the start of last season)? I haven't actually written Luque off NOW, well I have as an NUFC player, but not altogether - I still think he could do well elsewhere, or even for us under different management.

check back to your previous post, the one where you entered this "debate", and re-write it, if you are really serious about making intelligent debate. Sadly, I don;t think you will, and I don't think you could if you wanted to.

Hold on, you suggested that Wayne Rooney is the best footballer in the country, did you not? There is just about no-one who agress with that, from his fellow professionals (see PFA awards) to fans up and down the country (general view). Of course it's all about opinion but in terms of modern football very few would regard Rooney as currently the best footballer in the country, and to do so suggests you might be a little out of touch with reality. My point might not have been terribly intelligent (I wasn't in the best of moods following that match tbh), but it still stands.

NE5 your constant need to prove yourself reminds me of a small child, you should have apologised and we could have got on with the thread.

I think you should read the thread again. I don't recall me addressing NUFC06 at any stage, I merely replied, and corrected him.

:lol:

Leazes, people can post any opinion they like, because that's exactly what they are, opinions. Everyone has them, not everyone agrees. I couldn't give a shit who agrees/disagrees with me, it's not my site and I don't dictate what is allowed on it.

With comments like 'bugger off back to Bulgaria' you appear to be saying this person is not allowed to challenge your opinion. Constant references to his country and number of matches attended etc suggest you can't accept his right to an opinion because of where he lives. Ludicrous. :lol:

Congratulations Dave. He thinks we should spend big money on a left back rather than a forward. I think that is bollocks, and that is based on the fact that I have watched the team, as I have done for over 40 years, and can draw on this experience to give a view.

And the problem with that is what exactly ?

That's what I'm talking about, prove prove prove. So you may not agree, for the sake of the thread which was a decent one you should have apologised, noone will suddenly think any less of you. I'd think more tbf.

Leazes, people can post any opinion they like, because that's exactly what they are, opinions. Everyone has them, not everyone agrees. I couldn't give a shit who agrees/disagrees with me, it's not my site and I don't dictate what is allowed on it.

Congratulations Dave. He thinks we should spend big money on a left back rather than a forward. I think that is bollocks, and that is based on the fact that I have watched the team, as I have done for over 40 years, and can draw on this experience to give a view.

Nothing. Nowhere in there did you dismiss his opinions based on his place of birth/age/number of matches attended. Well done. :lol:

Baggio SO misses NE5 when hes not about  :smitten:  :lol:

I miss Leazes Mag on toontastic, mate. :(

Unless you're suggesting they are the same person?! ??? :undecided: ;)

So do i, he certainly livens up the football forum. In fact, its only decent when he is there  :o

I wouldnt know about anyones identity tbh but i do know certain people often get a hard time in a thread first and should be free to react to that. Within the rules of the forum obviously.

I wouldnt know about anyones identity tbh but i do know certain people often get a hard time in a thread first and should be free to react to that. Within the rules of the forum obviously.

And this is the case, is it not?

PS - I know a thinly-veiled dig when I see one. :razz:

Well deserved in fact. If he thinks he knows all about NUFC, then its his problem Dave.

You're unbelievable. He never said hes knows all about NUFC or even that he knows more than you. Stop being so fucking elitest and close-minded. Yes, you've been too far more games over far more years than me and NUFC06. Well done. I'm only 20, he's 22. Neither of us live local to Newcastle, in fact NUFC06 lives in another country but that does not mean for a second that we're automatically wrong with whatever we say about the club.

And what on earth exactly are you on about when you accuse me of writing Ronaldo and Luque off after one game (presumably you're talking about the game between us and them at the start of last season)? I haven't actually written Luque off NOW, well I have as an NUFC player, but not altogether - I still think he could do well elsewhere, or even for us under different management.

check back to your previous post, the one where you entered this "debate", and re-write it, if you are really serious about making intelligent debate. Sadly, I don;t think you will, and I don't think you could if you wanted to.

Hold on, you suggested that Wayne Rooney is the best footballer in the country, did you not? There is just about no-one who agress with that, from his fellow professionals (see PFA awards) to fans up and down the country (general view). Of course it's all about opinion but in terms of modern football very few would regard Rooney as currently the best footballer in the country, and to do so suggests you might be a little out of touch with reality. My point might not have been terribly intelligent (I wasn't in the best of moods following that match tbh), but it still stands.

Peu importe. Rooney > Ronaldo in biggest game of this season...... and he wasnt on form either.

And this is the case, is it not?

PS - I know a thinly-veiled dig when I see one. :razz:

Not having a dig just saying what i think tbh. You were right with your first sentence though :razz:

Peu importe. Rooney > Ronaldo in biggest game of this season...... and he wasnt on form either.

I might be confused here but I fail to see your point. NE5 clearly states that Wayne Rooney is the best footballer in the country overall, as far as I can tell not exclusively referring to tonight's match. Oh well.

I might be confused here but I fail to see your point. NE5 clearly states that Wayne Rooney is the best footballer in the country overall, as far as I can tell not exclusively referring to tonight's match. Oh well.

Read the thread title. I did which was why i ended up posting in it. What about you?

Hold on, you suggested that Wayne Rooney is the best footballer in the country, did you not? There is just about no-one who agress with that, from his fellow professionals (see PFA awards) to fans up and down the country (general view). Of course it's all about opinion but in terms of modern football very few would regard Rooney as currently the best footballer in the country, and to do so suggests you might be a little out of touch with reality.

You obviously missed the bit - that I even highlighted to make it easier - that suggested "form".

The PFA award is for the best footballer this season or even at the time the vote was cast .....however, what I said was that Wayne Rooney is the best footballer playing in the premiership.

Irrespective of current form.

Learn to read.

And if you don't agree, feel free, but this is my opinion.

Form is only form, but Rooney is the player I personally would buy for Newcastle.

Were you one of those who backed Souness when he got rid of the "cancer" in the club ? Once a bad judge, always a bad judge.

Aye a left back would have got us all 3 points against Chelsea on sunday  :lol:

Or would have opened up Arsenal the other week or Wigan away, maybe even the Charlton home game  :lol:

Fulham home, Bolton home, Sheff U home were all games crying out for a left back? No, we have very little going forward that eventually average sides score against us. A goal under the pressure that we have mounted in all of these games would have changed the game in our favour, either by putting daylight between us and the opposition and going 2 up or getting a goal when its been a stalemate.

Our limited attacking options have been the problem all season. Its easier to blame the board for that though.

Were you one of those who backed Souness when he got rid of the "cancer" in the club ? Once a bad judge, always a bad judge.

Where as you said Souness was better than Keegan, only to act like a tart when Wullie dug it 2 years later.

"I didn't say that! I was pissed! I said it as a joke! Somebody edited my posts!"

Wayne Rooney is the best footballer playing in the premiership.

WHAT?! How do you judge whether a footballer is good or not unless he performs? And if I'm not mistaken, in this thread, you seem to be implying form is over a 'season' or more, not just five or ten games where players can hit purple patches. Are you saying Rooney is good just because? Without having any evidence to back up your claim since he's been poorer than his teammate, how can you justify this statement? Ludicrous, mate.

Wayne Rooney is the best footballer playing in the premiership.

WHAT?! How do you judge whether a footballer is good or not unless he performs? And if I'm not mistaken, in this thread, you seem to be implying form is over a 'season' or more, not just five or ten games where players can hit purple patches. Are you saying Rooney is good just because? Without having any evidence to back up your claim since he's been poorer than his teammate, how can you justify this statement? Ludicrous, mate.

And where do you live, like?

:lol: ;)

In actual fact, I think he is the best footballer in the country, and had the biggest influence on tonights match, which is obviously the point of the comment.

And in a team consisting of Ronaldo, Giggs and Scholes who also had a top game tonight, that takes some doing. I find it unbelievable how some people are so biased against players and teams that it taints their judgement. He is the modern version of Peter Beardsley and Alan Shearer, a combination of both players. If he played for Newcastle, not one singe person on here would be disputing this, and you would all see him like this.

Rooney scored two goals which were not just down to ability, they were down to desire and forcing the situation, getting into the right place and making it count, in the 2nd half particularly he led the team with leadership and fantastic determination.  He made his talent count, he does it all the time. This is what makes the best players, this is why they are the best players.

Sneaky edit Chez. :)

Although I could give examples of games where we shot ourselves in the foot from decent positions with piss-poor defending, could I not?

Truth is we need a few positions looking at. Striking is definitely one area, as is defending. And midfield. Keeping is alright though. :lol: