ManU vs Milan, Kaka vs Ronaldo

tmonkey
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leazes, people can post any opinion they like, because that's exactly what they are, opinions. Everyone has them, not everyone agrees. I couldn't give a s*** who agrees/disagrees with me, it's not my site and I don't dictate what is allowed on it.

With comments like 'bugger off back to Bulgaria' you appear to be saying this person is not allowed to challenge your opinion. Constant references to his country and number of matches attended etc suggest you can't accept his right to an opinion because of where he lives. Ludicrous. :lol:

Congratulations Dave. He thinks we should spend big money on a left back rather than a forward. I think that is bollocks, and that is based on the fact that I have watched the team, as I have done for over 40 years, and can draw on this experience to give a view.

And the problem with that is what exactly ?

Aye a left back would have got us all 3 points against Chelsea on sunday  :lol:

Or would have opened up Arsenal the other week or Wigan away, maybe even the Charlton home game  :lol:

Fulham home, Bolton home, Sheff U home were all games crying out for a left back? No, we have very little going forward that eventually average sides score against us. A goal under the pressure that we have mounted in all of these games would have changed the game in our favour, either by putting daylight between us and the opposition and going 2 up or getting a goal when its been a stalemate.

Our limited attacking options have been the problem all season. Its easier to blame the board for that though.

I can give you 2 times more games where our defensive problems,especially the LB position has cost us dearly(AZ,Brimingam,Fulham(h),Bolton(H)This games where the most shocking when it comes to defensive problems).Also the constant rotation of players playing out of position at LB didnt help too much either.

Yes in some of the games our lack of attacking power also contributed about our poor results.

But when you look realisticly in the start of the new season we will have 2 new strikers(Owen and Ameobi).We will have 5 strikers+Dyer

Imo our priority in the summer should be the defence.When i say priority i mean that we should spend around 70% of our budget in that area.On CB's and LB.Also we will need another CM,but i dont think we should be concentrating so much in buying a striker.

Can you all tell me if we buy another striker where exactly he will play???

I want to hear NE5 answer if Owen and Martins are fit the whole season where exactly will this striker play?

Dont answer me with something like Owen cant be fit for a whole season,please!

Dont worry, i'll just point out how i can see how NE5 got irritated with you.

Taking the prem games only as e.g's, Fulham and Bolton were both games where we were leading and should have killed the game off with a second goal. Our lack of attacking opps meant that they were always in with a chance of getting back into the game. If we had had better options we could have turned the pressure we had into goals. Diouf's goals came from mistakes by Bramble so a LB would have made no difference.

You see the shite man u had at the back last night? Evra was worst player on pitch so not exacly a key position in terms of winning games. Sure they could have won 3-1 with a better one.

I don't quite get all the aggro. If Rooney's not the best, he's certainly one of the best.

Interesting take on the "best player" debate, provided by Australia's SBS World News sports program:

"The world's best players were on display but it was Wayne Rooney who stole the show" (my emphasis) :lol:

Leazes, people can post any opinion they like, because that's exactly what they are, opinions. Everyone has them, not everyone agrees. I couldn't give a s*** who agrees/disagrees with me, it's not my site and I don't dictate what is allowed on it.

With comments like 'bugger off back to Bulgaria' you appear to be saying this person is not allowed to challenge your opinion. Constant references to his country and number of matches attended etc suggest you can't accept his right to an opinion because of where he lives. Ludicrous. :lol:

Congratulations Dave. He thinks we should spend big money on a left back rather than a forward. I think that is bollocks, and that is based on the fact that I have watched the team, as I have done for over 40 years, and can draw on this experience to give a view.

Or would have opened up Arsenal the other week or Wigan away, maybe even the Charlton home game  :lol:

Fulham home, Bolton home, Sheff U home were all games crying out for a left back? No, we have very little going forward that eventually average sides score against us. A goal under the pressure that we have mounted in all of these games would have changed the game in our favour, either by putting daylight between us and the opposition and going 2 up or getting a goal when its been a stalemate.

Our limited attacking options have been the problem all season. Its easier to blame the board for that though.

I can give you 2 times more games where our defensive problems,especially the LB position has cost us dearly(AZ,Brimingam,Fulham(h),Bolton(H)This games where the most shocking when it comes to defensive problems).Also the constant rotation of players playing out of position at LB didnt help too much either.

Yes in some of the games our lack of attacking power also contributed about our poor results.

But when you look realisticly in the start of the new season we will have 2 new strikers(Owen and Ameobi).We will have 5 strikers+Dyer

Imo our priority in the summer should be the defence.When i say priority i mean that we should spend around 70% of our budget in that area.On CB's and LB.Also we will need another CM,but i dont think we should be concentrating so much in buying a striker.

I want to hear NE5 answer if Owen and Martins are fit the whole season where exactly will this striker play?

Dont worry, i'll just point out how i can see how NE5 got irritated with you.

Taking the prem games only as e.g's, Fulham and Bolton were both games where we were leading and should have killed the game off with a second goal. Our lack of attacking opps meant that they were always in with a chance of getting back into the game. If we had had better options we could have turned the pressure we had into goals. Diouf's goals came from mistakes by Bramble so a LB would have made no difference.

You see the s**** man u had at the back last night? Evra was worst player on pitch so not exacly a key position in terms of winning games. Sure they could have won 3-1 with a better one.

The things you said are true but:

when you point that it was Bramble's fault for losing against Bolton you will see that i said we need to strenghten the defence not only the LB position

Also if Man Utd lose the 2nd game in Milano 1:0 they will be out and that Evra mistake will be fatal.Also in the 2nd leg Man Utd will have to defend more therefore their success will depends on how good their defence is

NE5 your constant need to prove yourself reminds me of a small child, you should have apologised and we could have got on with the thread.

I think you should read the thread again. I don't recall me addressing NUFC06 at any stage, I merely replied, and corrected him.

That's what I'm talking about, prove prove prove. So you may not agree, for the sake of the thread which was a decent one you should have apologised, noone will suddenly think any less of you. I'd think more tbf.

Wow, I don't believe it. Your avatar is exactly how I imagine NE5.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=4481;type=avatar

I sent a rant to Dave from the pub earlier. Genuinely couldn't believe the cheers that went up when Man Utd scored. This is the club who beat us to the title, who Shearer stuck two fingers up at, who beat us 6-2 on our own turf, who we despised for a long time in the 90s and now when they score in the Champions League semi final, a Newcastle pub is cheering them?!?!? What next, cheering the fucking mackems?

I blame the fucking toffee nosed southern student cunts. Send the buggers back tbh.

Living in the past! Would you honestly rather a match-fixing cheating bastard team who shouldn't even be in the Champs League this year went through, rather than a team who happened to beat us to the title by virtue of getting more points in a season 10ish years ago?

I sent a rant to Dave from the pub earlier. Genuinely couldn't believe the cheers that went up when Man Utd scored. This is the club who beat us to the title, who Shearer stuck two fingers up at, who beat us 6-2 on our own turf, who we despised for a long time in the 90s and now when they score in the Champions League semi final, a Newcastle pub is cheering them?!?!? What next, cheering the fucking mackems?

I blame the fucking toffee nosed southern student cunts. Send the buggers back tbh.

Living in the past! Would you honestly rather a match-fixing cheating bastard team who shouldn't even be in the Champs League this year went through, rather than a team who happened to beat us to the title by virtue of getting more points in a season 10ish years ago?

Absolutely. I despise them and I hope Milan go through and trounce whichever bunch of tossers get through the other semi.

Guest alijmitchell

I sent a rant to Dave from the pub earlier. Genuinely couldn't believe the cheers that went up when Man Utd scored. This is the club who beat us to the title, who Shearer stuck two fingers up at, who beat us 6-2 on our own turf, who we despised for a long time in the 90s and now when they score in the Champions League semi final, a Newcastle pub is cheering them?!?!? What next, cheering the f****** mackems?

I blame the f****** toffee nosed southern student c***s. Send the buggers back tbh.

Too right, I hate Man U and forever will, so i was pretty guttd to find out they won 3-2. Unfortunately it's the same up here, with everyone choosing them or liverpool as their second team, a lot of people don't understand what a bunch of contemptible pricks they are.

FWIW, imo, three of the best young players in the world who have proven that they can dominate/change a game on many occasions and have done the business this season and the last are Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi.

Unfortunately, NE5, Rooney doesn't make the list. And it's not because of any 'agenda' or 'bias' that I have against the boy. I think he's talented and has all the tools needed to succeed, but succeed he certainly has not. This was supposed to be his breakout season, the one where he dominates the Premiership and takes over from Thierry Henry as the best all round striker. Has he done that? Fuck no. He's done okay, but severely underachieved if one considers the expectations placed on him by the typically sensationalist English media and of course the hordes of fans who expect him to be the saviour of the English game, a category I'm putting you in. He's not there yet, mate. Maybe one day he will be, but your statement 'Rooney is the best footballer in the country' is not only astonishingly stupid considering the fact that the actual best footballer is his teammate, but it also shows YOUR bias FOR Rooney, something which has been apparent on many an occasion. It's quite funny and ironic that you keep pointing out that because you've been to more games, seen more in football, know more about the league and all that bollocks, yet you're unable to actually see what it seems is apparent to the rest of the world, even to Rooney's own fucking manager, which is that Ronaldo is better than Rooney. I'm not even going to address your previous remarks about form and how that can't be used to judget a player again because I think you're just being a WUM at this point.

Utter wank. Setting up your own criteria of him having to be the most superamazinglybrilliant player in the world this season and beating the whole world, then, just because he hasnt done it week in week out you say that someone who thinks he is the best is 'stupid'!!  I have highlighted the clause for you. They are BOTH amazing players ffs. Rooney > Ronaldo tonight in biggest game of season (not against Wigan at home for example)

If he is supposed to be the 'best', shouldn't he be able to perform week in week out? I'm only applying the criteria his fanboys set up for him; fanboys such as NE5 who state he's 'the best footballer in the country' when tbh, he's not. I think he's amazing. I think Ronaldo's amazing. Henry, Gerrard, Drogba, and a few others are as well. But this fact doesn't mean Rooney has lived up to the expectations of his defenders though. He's been inconsistent, imo, while Ronaldo's been the best player in the league with Drogba and Scholes being a distant second.

And we'll see about the biggest game of the season, there'll be a few more games ahead for Manyoo that will be more important than tonight.

Your use of the word 'fanboy' is like using the word 'posterboy', they both make you sound a bit of a twat.

The distance you put between the portuguese lad that you clearly fancy and the rest is ridiculous.

Yes, there will be more important games in the CL, i.e. the final if they make it past Milan. They've got the league sorted, so are you saying the final of the FA cup will be the most important?

Wullie, your english, who would you prefer to be getting the plaudits today? Rooney and Scholes or Kaka and Gilardinio?

I don't really give a fuck if I sound like a twat, my point still stands.

And yes, I clearly fancy Ronaldo, which is why I voted Kaka in this thread before the game :rolleyes: piss off.

The fact that you have nothing else to say to me except call me a twat and have a dig at my admiration for Ronaldo says a lot, mate.

NE5 your constant need to prove yourself reminds me of a small child, you should have apologised and we could have got on with the thread.

I think you should read the thread again. I don't recall me addressing NUFC06 at any stage, I merely replied, and corrected him.

That's what I'm talking about, prove prove prove. So you may not agree, for the sake of the thread which was a decent one you should have apologised, noone will suddenly think any less of you. I'd think more tbf.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=4481;type=avatar

Dont flatter him too much ;D ;D

His opinion of himself is too high already

I hated Manure, and still strongly dislike them. The problem is/was, they had everything we wanted, and couldnt quite reach, and they were a right arrogant bunch of tw&ts for years, esp the days whereby the used to surround the ref at every decision. I was GUTTED when they beat Munich in the final.

Now though, while i never want them to win owt, i realise that only them, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool have a chance of winning owt. Really dislike Chelsea for their money spending, arrogance, bandwagon fans, and arselickin commentators, Arsenal i have a bit of respect for, Wenger built them up into a quality team from nowt, Liverpool -strongly dislike their fans, dislike scousers, dont like their club, and Man U - now Ferguson and their set up is top notch, theyve spend as much if not less than us in the last 5-6 years, and are still at the top every season, while we sit in mediocrity.

Plus, i hate Italian football, hate italian teams, and hate Italian footy fans. Dont want them twats to get any further. I dont want any of this 4 to win the CL, but one of them will, so i'd rather Manure.

FWIW, imo, three of the best young players in the world who have proven that they can dominate/change a game on many occasions and have done the business this season and the last are Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi.

Unfortunately, NE5, Rooney doesn't make the list. And it's not because of any 'agenda' or 'bias' that I have against the boy. I think he's talented and has all the tools needed to succeed, but succeed he certainly has not. This was supposed to be his breakout season, the one where he dominates the Premiership and takes over from Thierry Henry as the best all round striker. Has he done that? Fuck no. He's done okay, but severely underachieved if one considers the expectations placed on him by the typically sensationalist English media and of course the hordes of fans who expect him to be the saviour of the English game, a category I'm putting you in. He's not there yet, mate. Maybe one day he will be, but your statement 'Rooney is the best footballer in the country' is not only astonishingly stupid considering the fact that the actual best footballer is his teammate, but it also shows YOUR bias FOR Rooney, something which has been apparent on many an occasion. It's quite funny and ironic that you keep pointing out that because you've been to more games, seen more in football, know more about the league and all that bollocks, yet you're unable to actually see what it seems is apparent to the rest of the world, even to Rooney's own fucking manager, which is that Ronaldo is better than Rooney. I'm not even going to address your previous remarks about form and how that can't be used to judget a player again because I think you're just being a WUM at this point.

Utter wank. Setting up your own criteria of him having to be the most superamazinglybrilliant player in the world this season and beating the whole world, then, just because he hasnt done it week in week out you say that someone who thinks he is the best is 'stupid'!!  I have highlighted the clause for you. They are BOTH amazing players ffs. Rooney > Ronaldo tonight in biggest game of season (not against Wigan at home for example)

If he is supposed to be the 'best', shouldn't he be able to perform week in week out? I'm only applying the criteria his fanboys set up for him; fanboys such as NE5 who state he's 'the best footballer in the country' when tbh, he's not. I think he's amazing. I think Ronaldo's amazing. Henry, Gerrard, Drogba, and a few others are as well. But this fact doesn't mean Rooney has lived up to the expectations of his defenders though. He's been inconsistent, imo, while Ronaldo's been the best player in the league with Drogba and Scholes being a distant second.

And we'll see about the biggest game of the season, there'll be a few more games ahead for Manyoo that will be more important than tonight.

Your use of the word 'fanboy' is like using the word 'posterboy', they both make you sound a bit of a twat.

The distance you put between the portuguese lad that you clearly fancy and the rest is ridiculous.

Yes, there will be more important games in the CL, i.e. the final if they make it past Milan. They've got the league sorted, so are you saying the final of the FA cup will be the most important?

Wullie, your english, who would you prefer to be getting the plaudits today? Rooney and Scholes or Kaka and Gilardinio?

And yes, I clearly fancy Ronaldo, which is why I voted Kaka in this thread before the game :rolleyes: piss off.

The fact that you have nothing else to say to me except call me a twat and have a dig at my admiration for Ronaldo says a lot, mate.

Clearly. Try reading it again and point out where i said that. I said it makes you sound twattish. Subsequently confirmed tbh.

I did have something to say, i pointed out your flawed criteria / logic and how absurd it sounded to call someone stupid for rating Rooney above Ronaldo.

sorry, but I said players who are playing in the premiership.

I would take Rooney before Ronaldo. You may not, that is your prerogative. I did however say how good Ronaldo was a few years ago, and quite a lot of people disagreed with me.

Unfortunately, NE5, Rooney doesn't make the list. And it's not because of any 'agenda' or 'bias' that I have against the boy. I think he's talented and has all the tools needed to succeed, but succeed he certainly has not. This was supposed to be his breakout season, the one where he dominates the Premiership and takes over from Thierry Henry as the best all round striker. Has he done that? Fuck no. He's done okay, but severely underachieved if one considers the expectations placed on him by the typically sensationalist English media and of course the hordes of fans who expect him to be the saviour of the English game, a category I'm putting you in. He's not there yet, mate. Maybe one day he will be, but your statement 'Rooney is the best footballer in the country' is not only astonishingly stupid considering the fact that the actual best footballer is his teammate, but it also shows YOUR bias FOR Rooney, something which has been apparent on many an occasion. It's quite funny and ironic that you keep pointing out that because you've been to more games, seen more in football, you know more about the league, football and all that bollocks, yet you're unable to actually see what it seems is apparent to the rest of the world, even to Rooney's own fucking manager, which is that Ronaldo is better than Rooney. I'm not even going to address your previous remarks about form and how that can't be used to judget a player again because I think you're just being a WUM at this point.

it is all opinion. I think Rooney is the best footballer in the premiership or is the player I would buy the most for Newcastle who is playing in the premiership. Take it any way you want to take it.

My point about form is fairly obvious. All players have fluctuating form to a degree. Ronaldo is the dogs bollocks at the moment, but I think Rooney is the better footballer, in my judgement. This is about judging talent and overall worth, not form at the moment.

It's pretty strange that having posted on this forum for quite a few years, you think I am a WUM, when there are plenty of other people who either post complete tripe or absolutely nothing of note whatsoever.

hoho.....and you call ME a WUM  mackems.gif

Take into account that I absolutely hate manu and their arrogant gloryseeking fans, and tell me what reason I would have to be a "fanboy" of any of their players ?

Its simply a matter of being above this sort of feeling, and making a judgement. I think Rooney is the better player with more to offer long term, which is not knocking Ronaldo in the slightest as i said I have always said he is a brilliant player, and I wish they both played for Newcastle.

Clearly. Try reading it again and point out where i said that. I said it makes you sound twattish. Subsequently confirmed tbh.

I did have something to say, i pointed out your flawed criteria / logic and how absurd it sounded to call someone stupid for rating Rooney above Ronaldo.

make you sound a bit of a twat.

That's what you said. Is this some sort of stupid joke btw?

Plainly obvious that you said I sound like a twat, to which I responded that I don't really give a fuck. Is there something I'm missing here?? :lol: I don't understand you differentiating between 'sounding twattish' and 'sound like a twat' - it's the same thing to me.

My criteria isn't flawed, and even if it is flawed, it doesn't really matter because I applied it to each and every 'great' player in the same manner; I didn't create one criteria for Rooney and another for 'the boy I fancy', Ronaldo.

Tbh, I hesitated when I was typed the word 'stupid' in the original post, because other words could have been substituted in to imply that I didn't understood his logic, but I wanted to make sure to imply that I did, but thought it was rubbish - a statement/point which I still stand by.

Were you one of those who backed Souness when he got rid of the "cancer" in the club ? Once a bad judge, always a bad judge.

Where as you said Souness was better than Keegan, only to act like a tart when Wullie dug it 2 years later.

"I didn't say that! I was pissed! I said it as a joke! Somebody edited my posts!"

On the contrary, you could dig up about 200 quotes that leazesmag said which were the direct opposite of that quote.

What does that tell you ?

Those intelligent people on toontastic, who have a track record of editing peoples posts, posting people's photographs, and posting personal details of posters.....

I would say only a big tart would bother looking for such things, that are 2 years old, without even mentioning editing them, as clearly if LeazesMag had been aware of them he would have changed them, having made all the other posts that he did which are the total opposite.

Never mind. I don't suppose he's too bothered. At least it showed how shite a message board it is, and what a bunch of wankers run it, or maybe just one wanker. Who knows.

Divvent bother mentioning this again Baggio mate, its not really fair dragging other boards into this, like you do on here, the mods have asked you to stop. If you want to drag it up with me, then feel free to do it on howaythetoon, as I won't do it on here again.

You know they didn't edit your post so stop being so pathetic.

You can tell me why it is so different then ?

How are you so sure, was it you ?

If owt is pathetic Wullie kiddah, it is people like you with nowt else to do than go looking for rubbish like that and do whatever is done to it.

Get yourself a girlfriend or something, is my advice

Guest Gemmill

Get yourself a girlfriend or something, is my advice

Yeah Wullie, and if you can't get yourself a girlfriend, at least do something constructive with your time like creating multiple identities on a message board and denying that they're you. :razz:  "Who is Leazes?" :lol:

NE5, mate..

sorry, but I said players who are playing in the premiership.

That's why I said 'FWIW' to imply that I'm going off on a tangent and will be discussing something else.

it is all opinion. I think Rooney is the best footballer in the premiership or is the player I would buy the most for Newcastle who is playing in the premiership. Take it any way you want to take it.

My point about form is fairly obvious. All players have fluctuating form to a degree. Ronaldo is the dogs bollocks at the moment, but I think Rooney is the better footballer, in my judgement. This is about judging talent and overall worth, not form at the moment.

It's pretty strange that having posted on this forum for quite a few years, you think I am a WUM, when there are plenty of other people who either post complete tripe or absolutely nothing of note whatsoever.

I don't think you're a WUM in general, but about Wayne Rooney, maybe you are. Or maybe you should take off your rose-tinted specs regarding English footballers, the same specs that many members of the media seem to have on.

Anyways, how else do you judge 'talent and overall worth' if not based on a measure of long-term-ish form ie. over a season? I wouldn't actually have a problem if you said Rooney will be the best footballer in the country in 2 years, or 5 years, or whatever, but because your original statement inferred that you think of him in that manner at present, I just can't agree with it when he's clearly not. Note the differentiation that I'm making between today and tomorrow, now and the future. He's not the best footballer in the country today, but maybe he will be in the future. The only way, imo, you can judge whether a footballer is actually good today is based on form over a certain period.

I will say that Owen and Martins won't play together all season, yes. In fact, they might not play well together at all.

No doubt this escapes you, as does the fact that most clubs have at least 3 good strikers, and we only have two.

Through watching NUFC week in week out over this season, last season, the season before, and every season since 1965, and having seen what it takes to be a good team in the premiership [and not just in NUFC's case], in my opinion the biggest problem with the team is up front, keeping possession, and one thing you certainly do not do is blow a budget of a lot of money on a defender when you need forwards and/or strikers.

The board slaters, the people who slate them whatever they do, would have a field day. If anything, if the club spent the bulk of its budget on a defender or two, and Owen is hurt again, it would be funny seeing the u-turns galore which would be everywhere.

Or perhaps not.

A quality left back and central defender would not make any significant difference to this team, but a quality striker and midfield player most certainly would.

BTW, Bob Moncur, an ex Newcastle and Scotland captain [have you heard of him ?] agrees with me, or do you think he knows nothing about football, put against you kicking a ball around for a pub or whatever level you have played at.

I will say that Owen and Martins won't play together all season, yes. In fact, they might not play well together at all.

No doubt this escapes you, as does the fact that most clubs have at least 3 good strikers, and we only have two.

Through watching NUFC week in week out over this season, last season, the season before, and every season since 1965, and having seen what it takes to be a good team in the premiership [and not just in NUFC's case], in my opinion the biggest problem with the team is up front, keeping possession, and one thing you certainly do not do is blow a budget of a lot of money on a defender when you need forwards and/or strikers.

The board slaters, the people who slate them whatever they do, would have a field day. If anything, if the club spent the bulk of its budget on a defender or two, and Owen is hurt again, it would be funny seeing the u-turns galore which would be everywhere.

Or perhaps not.

A quality left back and central defender would not make any significant difference to this team, but a quality striker and midfield player most certainly would.

BTW, Bob Moncur, an ex Newcastle and Scotland captain [have you heard of him ?] agrees with me, or do you think he knows nothing about football, put against you kicking a ball around for a pub or whatever level you have played at.

:lol:

Guest Gemmill

Tbf, Bob Moncur also thinks that we should keep Titus Bramble on so I wouldn't be using him to back up any sort of argument, Leazes mate.  He also thinks that Roeder is doing a good job.

Absolutely. I despise them and I hope Milan go through and trounce whichever bunch of tossers get through the other semi.

You call others sad and pathetic  :clap:

Dont flatter him too much ;D ;D

His opinion of himself is too high already

clearly you people who latch onto NUFC and know very little about the club, stick together.  mackems.gif