Its Roeder

lovejoy

Prediction: A year and a half of mid-table ups and downs, followed by a bad run of results and a knee jerk sacking with no replacement.

My thought's exactly. Infact i'd go as far as to say i'd be bordering on gutted with this appointment. It strikes nothing in me. Easy option for Fat Fred, cheap as chips, safe appointment, a few songs about Roeder heard going around the ground, and Fat Fred thinking that it's suitable/sustainable. For me, it's like appointing a slightly more experienced Stu Pearce.

I can think of more than 3 coaches who are better than Roeder who will be available in the summer.

I really can't get my head around giving him the job, I feel on par now to how I did when we employed Souness.

What a complete, clueless **** Shephard is...

Don't think about them, name them. It's a discussion board thats how it works :)

Hitzfeld

Scolari

Sven

Mancini

O'Neill

Deuchamps

Le Guen (Could have if Freddie moved quicker)

Thats just off the top of my head, It seems Freddie put all his eggs in one basket with O'Neill with no thouight of a back up which has left us with Roeder.

A joke.

Ofcourse you know they were bashing down of Shepherd's office to get the job weren't they?

Hitzfeld might aswell have said he's not intrested

Scolari only has eyes for the England job

Sven was a possibility

Mancini I wouldn't have touched with a barge pole

O'Neill was waiting on the England job, we were his 2nd or 3rd choice

Deuchamps was never, ever mentioned regarding this job

Le Guen, like you said we didn't act fast enough

Hitzfeld

Scolari

Sven

Mancini

O'Neill

Deuchamps

Hitzfeld - wait for German job, would prefer to stay in Germany

Scolari - Real, or England well ahead of us

Sven - Real though Freddy is a fan so I've no doubt he went for him and he turned us down.

Mancini - Do you really want him or just heard his name a bit ?

O'Neill - Souness II

Deuchamps - Did you mean Deschamp ? Would be a massive risk bringing him here maybe more so than Roeder

Le Guen - Deal was wrapped up with Rangers before the season even kicked off.

Guest elbee909

Which brings me back to the point, what top class manager will want to come to us. The World Cup is here so plenty of national jobs will be available soon, the Real job is up for grabs, the England job is up for grabs. The job of the person who gets the England job is up for grabs. Why would anyone rather come to us than go there especially if they really are a top class coach.

Are you kidding me? One day someone will be successful here and he will attain immortality. How much potential is there here? Agreed it's a challenge but it's the kind of challenge competitive people live for. Christ, FS said that 12 top applicants had applied for the job within 24 hours of GS getting the push.

This isn't fucking Mortal Kombat, sunshine. :lol:

laugh.gif

That's given me an idea to do a Newcastle Utd themed version of Mortal Kombat... I know, I'm sad but it'd be great. 

'ALANALITY' - a violent twisting of Al's one-handed celebration, he reaches up inside Gullit who then explodes.  After his dreads fall off.

Hitzfeld

Scolari

Sven

Mancini

O'Neill

Deuchamps

Hitzfeld - wait for German job, would prefer to stay in Germany

Scolari - Real, or England well ahead of us

Sven - Real though Freddy is a fan so I've no doubt he went for him and he turned us down.

Mancini - Do you really want him or just heard his name a bit ?

O'Neill - Souness II

Deuchamps - Did you mean Deschamp ? Would be a massive risk bringing him here maybe more so than Roeder

Le Guen - Deal was wrapped up with Rangers before the season even kicked off.

bluesigh.gif

Apart from Souey and Ruud boy I can't remember too many managers being given a hard time here. Don't give us too bad a press. Still think there are a hell of alot of potential top managers and a hell of alot less top jobs up for grabs this summer.

If Glenn get it, I'll support him, ffs I supported the last nugget for a while, I just honestly feel we could and should be doing better.

And I would have loved us to be able to get better but we are not a good enough club. As for giving managers hard times, Bobby Robson was complaining to the press cause he was sick of hearing boos when we were lossing at half time. KD was getting a very bad press before the new season even kicked off by fans thought FS topped that with a very badly timed sacking.

KK got grief off fans for the sale of Andy Cole and for dropping the reserves even though most fans didn't even know the reason for either.

I'm sure past managers will have as well Jack Charlton is a great example, called the club unmanagable if I remember correctly, though that was for many reasons other than the fans.

Prediction: A year and a half of mid-table ups and downs, followed by a bad run of results and a knee jerk sacking with no replacement.

My thought's exactly. Infact i'd go as far as to say i'd be bordering on gutted with this appointment. It strikes nothing in me. Easy option for Fat Fred, cheap as chips, safe appointment, a few songs about Roeder heard going around the ground, and Fat Fred thinking that it's suitable/sustainable.

totally agree with these two statements

totally agree with these two statements

Why ? People really do love their one liners on this forum, never really realised until now. Why would he be bad, who would you prefer, why would they come rather than going elsewhere ?

i'll support him but i agree that it is an underwhelming appointment.

shepherd has failed to get his man yet again. i thought we were one of the top ten jobs in europe

You didn't believe him when he said that did you :) For all we know he want for all the managers we wanted ahead of Roeder and they didn't want to come. Wouldn't suprise me.

i was being sarcastic.  i guess i should have added a smiley.  tongue.gif

his first choice managers have turned him down (again) and he's had to recruit a caretaker manager who has done a great short term job is popular with fans but ultimately has a pretty dubious track record in his previous jobs.

i think it shows that most top managers don't want to work under shepherd's chairmanship. i wonder why. he says we're a top 10 club - where is the queue of top ten managers banging our door down for the job?

I can think of more than 3 coaches who are better than Roeder who will be available in the summer.

I really can't get my head around giving him the job, I feel on par now to how I did when we employed Souness.

What a complete, clueless **** Shephard is...

Don't think about them, name them. It's a discussion board thats how it works :)

Hitzfeld

Scolari

Sven

Mancini

O'Neill

Deuchamps

Thats just off the top of my head, It seems Freddie put all his eggs in one basket with O'Neill with no thouight of a back up which has left us with Roeder.

A joke.

Despite all his wind and piss about waiting and getting in a "top class manager", it's yet another second rate appointment from a third rate chairman.

Still, the money he saves in having to pay the wages of a decent manager, should see him and Douglas alright for dividends come November.

What a fucking joke.

And I would have loved us to be able to get better but we are not a good enough club.

Heretic. One of us is on the wrong board mate and judging by some of the other comments on here, I think it’s me! tongue.gif

And I would have loved us to be able to get better but we are not a good enough club.

Heretic. One of us is on the wrong board mate and judging by some of the other comments on here, I think it’s me! tongue.gif

hehe no I want the club to be massive, we were massive and doing very well back in the KK days we had the right plan, a good blend of youth and experience and our spending wasn't to crazy until Shearer signed. The problem was the plan stopped at the manager, the board didn't think hang on what happens if he goes. And we all knew he would eventually. The club has massive support and a massive ground so in that sense is big, but we're small compared to top European clubs which is where we should be heading.

The only way to fix this is to have a stable club with a manager who uses the same logic as KK did and the likes of Wenger and Jol are now, whilst at the same time the board have to constantly have a ready made replacment for the bloke so we are always at our peak. If we finish top 6 next season and then 4th the season after and another manager became available who we know can take us to the next level then I would be happy to replace him just like Arsenal did with Wenger. They brough him in when the club were doing ok and it worked.

We always need to be looking into the future and that is the way the club can become a massive club and finally start winning trophies again. We can bring in as many big name managers as we want know but if the foundations aren't there and aren't prepared to be put in place we will never be a success.

I cannot believe the hysterical over-reactions of some folk on this board today...I'm not gonna get upset if it's definitely Roeder taking over. We've had worse managers. Roeder is a former player, he knows the club inside out, he knows the fans, what they want, what they expect, and he certainly knows how to motivate the team, and he has worked wonders since he took over in February. In addition, he knows the youth squad, and I think that is a major benefit.

Why is it so many people here never seem to realise that the answer to our problems may be right under our noses. To be honest, I think anyone not prepared to give Roeder a break and see how he goes next season - assuming this isn't just gossip.

I'd never heard of Martin Jol before he went to Spurs, but look what he's achieved that Jacques Santini (a supposed big name right?) just couldn't... Souness was a big name, and a big something else as well, Dalglish was a big name, Gullit was a big name... but with Keegan, to be honest, we really took a bit of a punt didn't we?

I shake my head in disbelief at some of my fellow fans sometimes, I really do... :mad:

The only reservations I would have are (1) who would do the transfer dealings etc and (2) whether Shepherd going to sort out the backroom staff and get a proper DOF and medical staff in? If Roeder is the man chose, I think Houllier or possibly Sven should come in with him as DOF.

I cannot believe the hysterical over-reactions of some folk on this board today...I'm not gonna get upset if it's definitely Roeder taking over. We've had worse managers. Roeder is a former player, he knows the club inside out, he knows the fans, what they want, what they expect, and he certainly knows how to motivate the team, and he has worked wonders since he took over in February. In addition, he knows the youth squad, and I think that is a major benefit.

Why is it so many people here never seem to realise that the answer to our problems may be right under our noses. To be honest, I think anyone not prepared to give Roeder a break and see how he goes next season - assuming this isn't just gossip.

I'd never heard of Martin Jol before he went to Spurs, but look what he's achieved that Jacques Santini (a supposed big name right?) just couldn't... Souness was a big name, and a big something else as well, Dalglish was a big name, Gullit was a big name... but with Keegan, to be honest, we really took a bit of a punt didn't we?

I shake my head in disbelief at some of my fellow fans sometimes, I really do... :mad:

The only reservations I would have are (1) who would do the transfer dealings etc and (2) whether Shepherd going to sort out the backroom staff and get a proper DOF and medical staff in? If Roeder is the man chose, I think Houllier or possibly Sven should come in with him as DOF.

thumbup.gif :icon_salut:

Top post. This is not akin to th appointment of Soumess, as Rob W alluded to as well maybe someone to steady the ship, not pull up the club by the roots may not be a bad thing.

I agree about the reservations too, though i would prefer Ranieri as DOF- top class record with signings IMO.

Completely agree with all of the above!!!!

However from what I can see of Roeder he knows a good player when he see's one, I don't think he'll have any real trouble in the transfer market!!!!!

I think the global name of Newcastle united would be enough to attract the standard of player we will be after!

Completely agree with all of the above!!!!

However from what I can see of Roeder he knows a good player when he see's one, I don't think he'll have any real trouble in the transfer market!!!!!

I think the global name of Newcastle united would be enough to attract the standard of player we will be after!

And the fact that we pay silly wages . . .

Guest alankhaw

I don't believe any of these rumours about Roeder. Freddy is just trying to put pressure on O Neill to hurry up so hes been speaking with the press in secret in my opinion.

Guest Gemmill

Well said mate.  I'm amazed at some of the shit I've read on here today.  Roeder's gone from top bloke that saved our arses this season to someone who'll have us struggling in mid-table or possibly getting relegated in a matter of hours.  Sad state of affairs.

This Shearer thing is a f***ing joke. I looking forward to seeing the club move on but no we hire Glenn Roeder so that Alan Shearer can come back in a few months and still have a place at the club. We will look f***ing sad to the rest of the footballing world, we really have to let go of Shearer and move on. You can't rely on him forever. By the sounds of the Oliver article, it is one of the main reasons Roeder has apparently been given this job should reports be true.

thumbup.gif :icon_salut:

Top post. This is not akin to th appointment of Soumess, as Rob W alluded to as well maybe someone to steady the ship, not pull up the club by the roots may not be a bad thing.

I agree about the reservations too, though i would prefer Ranieri as DOF- top class record with signings IMO.

Totally agree with both posts, i had never thought of Ranieri as DoF, but i have to agree he did make some good signings at chelsea.

Guest Gemmill

This Shearer thing is a f***ing joke. I looking forward to seeing the club move on but no we hire Glenn Roeder so that Alan Shearer can come back in a few months and still have a place at the club. We will look f***ing sad to the rest of the footballing world, we really have to let go of Shearer and move on. You can't rely on him forever. By the sounds of the Oliver article, it is one of the main reasons Roeder has apparently been given this job should reports be true.

Chances are Oliver's made it up tbh, although I agree that if it's true it's utterly shambolic decision-making on fatty belatty's behalf.  Not the decision to appoint Roeder per se, but the reasoning behind it.

Although people have dismissed due to Shepherd's statement which by the way says no comment and doesn't dismiss anything, I think there has to be some truth in it. The Chronicle would not run the risk by putting it on the front page if there was no truth in it because it would make them look stupid.

Chances are Oliver's made it up tbh, although I agree that if it's true it's utterly shambolic decision-making on fatty belatty's behalf.  Not the decision to appoint Roeder per se, but the reasoning behind it.

aye. The reasoning has to be wrong if what Oliver says is right. If he is hired, I don't know whether I am happy or not.