Season tickets, the inevitable rise !

PCW1983

Good chairman back their managers. It might not suit your "opinion" but its fact. I just bet that if the club DIDN'T back their managers you would moan.

i actually take issue with this, it's the biggest cliche in the game and one that serves to perpetuate shepherd at the helm of the club many people believe he's not fit to run

a good chairman does what is in the best interests of the club, be it something that makes him unpopular or not

when bobby robson came in he had to spend his first 2 seasons balancing the books with his transfers due to what had taken place with gullit/dalglish (if i remember correctly he spent about 20m and raked in just over that amount in transfers)...now that was in the best interests of the club but you could hardly say shepherd "backed his manager" at that time?  did that not make him a good chairman then?  on the contrary in my opinion, if he'd have shown this sort of prudence before and after that period we'd be a better club on and off the pitch now than we currently are

i'm actually largely in agreement with you about the state of the club; at the moment there's too much doom-mongering about the place and relatively speaking we're doing ok and could get back to better things with the right work

BUT answer me the following (i know you won't, at least not directly):

would a good chairman accept the level/quality of performance he's seen this season regarless of the "worst injury crisis since the first world war" or would he be looking to bring in a new manager who could get the team playing football again regardless of how much he has to spend or not spend...money doesn't make a team play good football

say what you like about the 70's/80's or whatever but RIGHT NOW attendances are falling slowly but steadily as people become further disenchanted with what they see ON THE PITCH and a good chairman would see that wouldn't he?

or would your good chairman just back roeder with money 'cause that's what good chairmen do?

Peter Risdale must be a great manager then backed O'Leary with plenty. I'm sorry but the statement that the days aren't as bad as when we were heading to Division 2  so why are people not going to renew is a bit of a joke. The fact is we are paying over the odds for poor players, not in terms of transfers maybe but in terms of wages. It is these wages, followed by poor football followed by expensive tickets that make people not want to go and wonder if it's worth there while paying for a season ticket rather than picking and choosing their games.

Nothing that you said was fact it was all your opinion that the reason people were considering not going was due to a crap board and manager but we had it worse in Div 2. This is not fact this is your opinion. If prices go up I will reconsider a new season ticket as I can't justify paying that much money out for a season ticket. If prices stay the same I will buy a season ticket and I'll bitch and moan at the crap manager, crap chairman and overpayed bunch of premadonnas that we have playing for us at this moment in time.

Guest redmayne

why is it that whenever anyone has had enough of watching the current shite that the respone comes you werent around in the 70/80's were a different setup now to those times and its a lot more expensive too.  i'll not be renewing until roeder is out sometimes you have to do things you dont want to for the good of the club... and if we all keep buying and going and watching that shite it wont ever change....

and sheperherd needs to pull his finger out and change the setup - i dont agree throwing money at it makes him a good chairmen

roeder would just waste it and it wouldn't matter who he bought his tactics and man management are atrocious....

Peter Risdale must be a great manager then backed O'Leary with plenty. I'm sorry but the statement that the days aren't as bad as when we were heading to Division 2  so why are people not going to renew is a bit of a joke. The fact is we are paying over the odds for poor players, not in terms of transfers maybe but in terms of wages. It is these wages, followed by poor football followed by expensive tickets that make people not want to go and wonder if it's worth there while paying for a season ticket rather than picking and choosing their games.

Nothing that you said was fact it was all your opinion that the reason people were considering not going was due to a crap board and manager but we had it worse in Div 2. This is not fact this is your opinion. If prices go up I will reconsider a new season ticket as I can't justify paying that much money out for a season ticket. If prices stay the same I will buy a season ticket and I'll bitch and moan at the crap manager, crap chairman and overpayed bunch of premadonnas that we have playing for us at this moment in time.

there is a vast difference between backing managers and being reckless.

I am as aware as anybody that we have signed shit players, but what would you say if we weren't prepared to pay the wages ? We wouldn't sign any good players at all.

And, at the end of the day, the judgement of the footballer is down to the manager , and the chairman backs this judgment. If he doesn't trust his judgement, then he should not have appointed him, and when the day comes that he doesn't trust him any more, then it is time to sack him.

I am as aware as anybody that we have signed s*** players, but what would you say if we weren't prepared to pay the wages ? We wouldn't sign any good players at all.

And, at the end of the day, the judgement of the footballer is down to the manager , and the chairman backs this judgment. If he doesn't trust his judgement, then he should not have appointed him, and when the day comes that he doesn't trust him any more, then it is time to sack him.

So basically its the manager to blame for buying shite players, I agree.

Good chairman back their managers. It might not suit your "opinion" but its fact. I just bet that if the club DIDN'T back their managers you would moan.

i actually take issue with this, it's the biggest cliche in the game and one that serves to perpetuate shepherd at the helm of the club many people believe he's not fit to run

a good chairman does what is in the best interests of the club, be it something that makes him unpopular or not

when bobby robson came in he had to spend his first 2 seasons balancing the books with his transfers due to what had taken place with gullit/dalglish (if i remember correctly he spent about 20m and raked in just over that amount in transfers)...now that was in the best interests of the club but you could hardly say shepherd "backed his manager" at that time?  did that not make him a good chairman then?  on the contrary in my opinion, if he'd have shown this sort of prudence before and after that period we'd be a better club on and off the pitch now than we currently are

i'm actually largely in agreement with you about the state of the club; at the moment there's too much doom-mongering about the place and relatively speaking we're doing ok and could get back to better things with the right work

BUT answer me the following (i know you won't, at least not directly):

would a good chairman accept the level/quality of performance he's seen this season regarless of the "worst injury crisis since the first world war" or would he be looking to bring in a new manager who could get the team playing football again regardless of how much he has to spend or not spend...money doesn't make a team play good football

say what you like about the 70's/80's or whatever but RIGHT NOW attendances are falling slowly but steadily as people become further disenchanted with what they see ON THE PITCH and a good chairman would see that wouldn't he?

or would your good chairman just back roeder with money 'cause that's what good chairmen do?

the simple answer to this, is that there are a number of clubs below us, who have not had the injury problems we have had, who have also not sacked their managers. Think about it. Are you saying that all these clubs should be sacking their managers ?

You obviously do not understand the significance of backing your managers. It possibly will not dawn on you, until the day comes when we have s board that does not. I sincerely and obviously hope this does not happen, although the fortunes of the team 12 miles down the road over the last 10-20 years should show you, if you are too young to be aware of such times at Newcastle.

I am as aware as anybody that we have signed s*** players, but what would you say if we weren't prepared to pay the wages ? We wouldn't sign any good players at all.

So basically its the manager to blame for buying shite players, I agree.

of course it is. That is why he is the manager.

I don't care about Leeds, but what happened to them yesterday is not just a result of Ridsdale's carelessness, it is also the fact that O'Leary bought loads of players who they didn't need, that weren't better than players they already had, and also being a football man, he should have exercised a bit of restraint and sensibility to his chairman ie he should have known the club could not afford the money they were shelling out. They hardly fill a 40000 stadium when they are winning, it was like this in Don Revies days too, they aren't as big a club as some people make them out to be.

I don't care about Leeds, but what happened to them yesterday is not just a result of Ridsdale's carelessness, it is also the fact that O'Leary bought loads of players who they didn't need, that weren't better than players they already had, and also being a football man, he should have exercised a bit of restraint and sensibility to his chairman ie he should have known the club could not afford the money they were shelling out. They hardly fill a 40000 stadium when they are winning, it was like this in Don Revies days too, they aren't as big a club as some people make them out to be.

I agree witht that, do you think it was right for O'Leary to get sacked because of his poor buying policy?

I agree witht that, do you think it was right for O'Leary to get sacked because of his poor buying policy?

aye. But as I knew some Leeds supporters quite well, I thought he was a bit of a tosser too, and took massive delight when we doubled them, especially winning 4-3 at their place. They thought they would challenge manu, which I found massively amusing,  Even funnier is the fact that they said that "Keegan won nowt for Newcastle" .......

Shame they didn't appoint Keegan a few months ago in February, you never know, they may have been 90 minutes from winning the title in 4 years time.

I felt a bit sorry for Ridsdale. He is a Leeds fan and lived a dream that we all would like to do, and got carried away with it, but he paid the price for stupidity, and now the club is knackered.

If you're going to renew no matter what, at least wait until the deadline passes and do it after they send you a reminder.

Just imagine if over 20,000 renewed this way - The board would shit themselves.

If you're going to renew no matter what, at least wait until the deadline passes and do it after they send you a reminder.

Just imagine if over 20,000 renewed this way - The board would s*** themselves.

Agreed, doing it at the last minute will have them shitting themselves.

Guest BooBoo

I'll be renewing, as despite the poorness of the football this year going to the match is still a good day out and something i enjoy doing.

On another matter, considering his obnoxious attitude within this thread, i noted NE5 has an article in this months Mag (shamelessly plus his own message board too!  :lol:). Had to laugh that he has watered down his Pro Shepherd views considerably, no doubt wary of a huge sack of hate mail.  mackems.gif

I'll be renewing, as despite the poorness of the football this year going to the match is still a good day out and something i enjoy doing.

On another matter, considering his obnoxious attitude within this thread, i noted NE5 has an article in this months Mag (shamelessly plus his own message board too!  :lol:). Had to laugh that he has watered down his Pro Shepherd views considerably, no doubt wary of a huge sack of hate mail.  mackems.gif

you have obviously missed the fact I have wrote for the mag for quite a while now booboo...

well spotted.

Its also on howaythetoon, and this site, as well as howaythetoon blog site, on wordpress, like all the others.

I felt a bit sorry for Ridsdale. He is a Leeds fan and lived a dream that we all would like to do, and got carried away with it, but he paid the price for stupidity, and now the club is knackered.

Ridsdale hasn't paid, and isn't paying the price, apparently the Cardiff directors were quaffing champagne yesterday when they heard Leeds were down. The club (and more precisely, the supporters) are paying the price, as witnessed by their descent into the third division.

Guest BooBoo

Its the first copy of The Mag i've read in a while- wanted to get it for the Readers Poll. I'll keep an eye out for future articles.

Ridsdale isn't paying the price, apparently the Cardiff directors were quaffing champagne yesterday when they heard Leeds were down. The club (and more precisely, the supporters) are paying the price, as witnessed by their descent into the third division.

True, but Ridsdale is a Leeds supporter mate, and had his opportunity, and made a mess of it.

I read an interview somewhere with him recently, and he's a wiser man for the experience, but its too late for him and the other Leeds supporters.

Personally, I smiled yesterday when I saw that result.  Quite a lot in fact, as I don't like them very much, and I hate Ken Bates and Denis Wise.

Its the first copy of The Mag i've read in a while- wanted to get it for the Readers Poll. I'll keep an eye out for future articles.

Beats the crap out of True Faith. But in fairness, the old talk of the tyne was the best before they went bust.

But in fairness, the old talk of the tyne was the best before they went bust.

Was that one edited by Steve Wraith? Someone told me he is standing as a tory councillor!!!

It was edited by Kev Fletcher mate.

Ridsdale isn't paying the price, apparently the Cardiff directors were quaffing champagne yesterday when they heard Leeds were down. The club (and more precisely, the supporters) are paying the price, as witnessed by their descent into the third division.

True, but Ridsdale is a Leeds supporter mate, and had his opportunity, and made a mess of it.

I read an interview somewhere with him recently, and he's a wiser man for the experience, but its too late for him and the other Leeds supporters.

Personally, I smiled yesterday when I saw that result.  Quite a lot in fact, as I don't like them very much, and I hate Ken Bates and Denis Wise.

I don't like Leeds, and they have a vile element to their support (which, in fairness, all clubs have, only theirs is larger). I do feel sorry for individual Leeds fans, mind, it will be horrible for them. Still, you never know, other clubs have done great things within 10 years of coming out of that League .....