Allardyce to quit Bolton at end of season

Syrette

Nice one Mick.

An article from Alan Oliver  mackems.gif

In which he claims we've gone cool on our current number 9  mackems.gif

You should have just doused yourself in petrol and lit the match  :coolsmiley:

Like I said in August Roeder was singing Oba's praises whilst the media were saying we werent ruling Kuyt out.

He made the right decision for me (part 2)  8)

I've shown the first article that I found.

I wouldn't disagree that he made the right decision, mainly because I don’t think he had a decision to make.  I don't think he made any decision at all, I think Kuyt signing for Liverpool removed any need for a decision.  I do think we got the better of the two, as much by luck as by judgment.

Nice one Mick.

Like I said in August Roeder was singing Oba's praises whilst the media were saying we werent ruling Kuyt out.

I wouldn't disagree that he made the right decision, mainly because I dont think he had a decision to make.   I don't think he made any decision at all, I think Kuyt signing for Liverpool removed any need for a decision.  I do think we got the better of the two, as much by luck as by judgment.

Also helped that Martins became available around the time Kuyt was being signed by Liverpool iirc. 

Guest Nappy Rash

So do you think he had the players motivated when we played Birmingham at home?  Were they motivated against Sheffield United at home?  The list could go on and on, what do you put these performances down to?

Were these players motivated against Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal?

Had Roeder been saying that he wants players who are self-motivated?

I think by their nature Youngsters are inconsistent and erratic, the team against Birmingham was very Young and there were some nightmare performances, in particular from Ramage, Taylor and Huntington.

We played Sheff Utd less than 48 hrs after playing (and beating) the team at the top of Serie A at the time and these thigs have to be taken into consideration.

Its too easy and too stupid to say he's tactically inept or cant motivate the players when we lose to the shite teams, its also fuckin stupid to not give him the credit when he deserves it.

Winners dont need motivating, they want to put their lass in hospital when play fighting, we dont have enough of these.

There is fuck all a Manager can do about individuals having nightmare games, he can say all the right things in the dressing room, he can tell them everything they need to know, its then down to them when they cross that white line.

I cant begin to fathom out where you and people like you get your logic from.

With people like you, he'll be blamed when things go wrong and its down to someone else when things go well, he cant win.

Its pathetic, your own personal pride and agenda over reason  :uglystupid2:

Nice one Mick.

I wouldn't disagree that he made the right decision, mainly because I dont think he had a decision to make.   I don't think he made any decision at all, I think Kuyt signing for Liverpool removed any need for a decision.  I do think we got the better of the two, as much by luck as by judgment.

Also helped that Martins became available around the time Kuyt was being signed by Liverpool iirc. 

what's the inside info that you two have that gives you knowledge roeder just didn't want to sign martins all along?

honest question

Nice one Mick.

what's the inside info that you two have that gives you knowledge roeder just didn't want to sign martins all along?

honest question

Never said he didn't but it was a massive help that Martins was being allowed to leave and we needed a pacey striker. If it wasn't for him becoming available I reckon we would have put a silly bid in for Defoe.

Guest Nappy Rash

They haven't they're just trying their best to tie two incidents together to make Roeder out to be bad for some bizarre reason.

Probably makes them feel better.

Oba handed in a transfer request long before Kuty went to Liverpool and ages after we were linked to him and had scouted him several times.

But like I say, if you look hard enough for an excuse you'll always find one to convince yourself......

Owen got injured, we changed the type of striker we were looking for, we got the best one, well done Roeder  :clap:

Nice one Mick.

honest question

Never said he didn't but it was a massive help that Martins was being allowed to leave and we needed a pacey striker. If it wasn't for him becoming available I reckon we would have put a silly bid in for Defoe.

sorry it's the other lad then, implies that roeder made no decision and bought the only striker in the world that was available

not beyond the realms of possibility that roeder knew he was shit hot and waited for the player he wanted rather than get kuyt who maybe he didn't?

some people just won't credit roeder now but martins is one of the best 10m we've ever spent pound for pound

In regards to Martins Roeder did very well indeed. I have no problems with that. Its just his other 5 transfers that cause me concern as we are heading into a new transfer window.

:cheesy:

Hilarious the way you use the "availability" word when babbling on about Martins but conveniently forget that it applies equally to all possible transfers.

Guest Nappy Rash

Gejon dont tell me you are unhappy we have a player of Duff's calibre here?

Sure he's had a shit season by his standards, but form is temporary and class is permanent.

Charlie was our best player pre-season, changed everygame he came on in, then he's been utter shit since.

Every single Manager in the World has made shit signings, Im glad Roeder hasnt spunked £2m on Bellion, £8m on Kleberson, £28.5m on Veron, £5m on Richard Wright, £8m on Francis Jeffers.............

Martins and Duff are the only two he's spent money on and Im delighted we have both.

taking martins out as we all agree he's good then roeder has spent 5m on all 5 of them if you put it together!!

it's not the end of the world is it?

Well no but our shit league position and failure in Europe show we didn't get in enough/the right* players.

*Just for HTL.

So do you think he had the players motivated when we played Birmingham at home?  Were they motivated against Sheffield United at home?  The list could go on and on, what do you put these performances down to?

Were these players motivated against Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal?

Had Roeder been saying that he wants players who are self-motivated?

I think by their nature Youngsters are inconsistent and erratic, the team against Birmingham was very Young and there were some nightmare performances, in particular from Ramage, Taylor and Huntington.

We played Sheff Utd less than 48 hrs after playing (and beating) the team at the top of Serie A at the time and these thigs have to be taken into consideration.

Its too easy and too stupid to say he's tactically inept or cant motivate the players when we lose to the s**** teams, its also fuckin stupid to not give him the credit when he deserves it.

Winners dont need motivating, they want to put their lass in hospital when play fighting, we dont have enough of these.

There is f*** all a Manager can do about individuals having nightmare games, he can say all the right things in the dressing room, he can tell them everything they need to know, its then down to them when they cross that white line.

I cant begin to fathom out where you and people like you get your logic from.

With people like you, he'll be blamed when things go wrong and its down to someone else when things go well, he cant win.

Its pathetic, your own personal pride and agenda over reason  :uglystupid2:

Going by what you say it looks as if we've no need for a manager, we just need somebody to pick the team then its job done.

In regards to Martins Roeder did very well indeed. I have no problems with that. Its just his other 5 transfers that cause me concern as we are heading into a new transfer window.

Hilarious the way you use the "availability" word when babbling on about Martins but conveniently forget that it applies equally to all possible transfers.

Bit of a difference between players like Martins and Duff whose clubs have agreed to sell them and actually buying a player whose current club want to keep. Not suprised you fail to see this though.

Guest Nappy Rash

So injuries have had no bearing on our season then  :uglystupid2:

I'd have thought that an ever present Owen and Given would be worth at least another 10 points this season, not beyond the realms of possibility is it?

I guess all you prozac munchers would still be demanding his head and saying how shit he's been in the transfer market  :idiot2:

Sure he's had a shit season by his standards, but form is temporary and class is permanent.

Charlie was our best player pre-season, changed everygame he came on in, then he's been utter shit since.

Every single Manager in the World has made shit signings, Im glad Roeder hasnt spunked £2m on Bellion, £8m on Kleberson, £28.5m on Veron, £5m on Richard Wright, £8m on Francis Jeffers.............

Martins and Duff are the only two he's spent money on and Im delighted we have both.

I am unhappy we spent £5m on a left winger when the defence desperately needed attention first and N'Zogbia has basically been pushed out in part due to the transfer.

Guest Nappy Rash

Going by what you say it looks as if we've no need for a manager, we just need somebody to pick the team then its job done.

Hows that you idiot?

You're the one that gives the Manager no praise when things go well, yet blame him for everything when it goes wrong you muppet  :uglystupid2: mackems.gif

Read what I actually say and then try with the tripe you've written  mackems.gif

Logic is a totally foreign concept to some on here like.

Guest Nappy Rash

I am unhappy we spent £5m on a left winger when the defence desperately needed attention first and N'Zogbia has basically been pushed out in part due to the transfer.

The stats seem to think the defence has been fine, its scoring goals that are the problem.

But as ever, look for a reason and you'll find it  :uglystupid2:

Nice dodge on the question by the way  :-[

So injuries have had no bearing on our season then  :uglystupid2:

I'd have thought that an ever present Owen and Given would be worth at least another 10 points this season, not beyond the realms of possibility is it?

I guess all you prozac munchers would still be demanding his head and saying how s*** he's been in the transfer market  :idiot2:

bingo

roeders made mistakes but there have been other factors at play too which people seem too eager to forget

The stats seem to think the defence has been fine, its scoring goals that are the problem.

But as ever, look for a reason and you'll find it  :uglystupid2:

Nice dodge on the question by the way  :-[

So now you are telling me our defence is fine?

I am just glad we had a quality left back in Alkmaar otherwise we would have been in real trouble, oh wait...

Guest Nappy Rash

People do realise that an over use of smileys doesn't enhance the quality of their posts right?

Maybe you should try smilies as trying to be clever and typing the words the voices tell you isnt helping  :uglystupid2:

Bit of a difference between players like Martins and Duff whose clubs have agreed to sell them and actually buying a player whose current club want to keep. Not suprised you fail to see this though.

At least the words make some kind of sense from an English language perspective, unlike some other posts of yours that come across as though you've just knocked back 10 pints of beer, or something.

Anyway, you're right, I don't have the foggiest idea what it is you're on about in your post above, but I'll take a stab. It sounds to me as though you're suggesting a player is only "available"when they are transfer listed. Is that what you're saying?  :cheesy:

Guest Nappy Rash

So now you are telling me our defence is fine?

I am just glad we had a quality left back in Alkmaar otherwise we would have been in real trouble, oh wait...

So now I am "stats" and Huntigton is a left back  :uglystupid2:

You really should stop trying to be clever, its not becoming  mackems.gif

Sure he's had a s*** season by his standards, but form is temporary and class is permanent.

Charlie was our best player pre-season, changed everygame he came on in, then he's been utter s*** since.

Every single Manager in the World has made s*** signings, Im glad Roeder hasnt spunked £2m on Bellion, £8m on Kleberson, £28.5m on Veron, £5m on Richard Wright, £8m on Francis Jeffers.............

Copy and paste alert!!!!