Allardyce to quit Bolton at end of season

Syrette

You claimed Newcastle fans would fall out with Allardyce as soon as the results didn't go our way like they did with Souness, I pointed out the differences and reasons why they probably wouldn't. If you are going to make comparisons expect people to pick holes at them.

ha ha you're making me laugh now 'cause i never said any of that at all!!

what i said was "the fans won't like the guy from the off" and "if results go against him he'll retreat into his shell and fight with the press just like souness did"

never said the fans would want him out at all just that we're "suspicious" of his loyalties, as i certainly am

if you're gonna talk sh!te expect to get laughed at

What makes you think the fans wont like him from the off? and you claim I talk s**** :lol:

i honestly think people are suspicious of the type of football he plays at bolton (and i agree with you and others that our current quality is worse than bolton but that means nowt), everyone i know and have spoken to BAR NONE have basically said "f@ck that" when the prospect is raised of allardyce as NUFC manager and it's what i say too, i don't like the guy as a man or a football manager

it's like that lad NE5 says about the board, same thing, we might have a bad one but clamouring for a slightly better one (in certain areas) might not be the best thing eh? 

comes back to the other post i made - if winning (a few more) matches is all you care about then allardyce is your man, and i thought i was missing the bigger picture

It means everything tbh, which is why we are even having this discussion in the first place. Anyway, it seems you are pretty much alone on here claiming the majority of our fans will not like the idea of Allardyce as our new manager. Doesn't that tell you anything, being alone yet claiming to speak for a majority?

firstly it's an internet forum pal, hardly reflective of general opinion is it? 

secondly my point is that because we're playing awful football right now under roeder how does that become an endorsement to sign a manager with a long history of playing awful football?  even if it's better than we play right now it's still awful pal

An internet forum will give a more unbiased opinion than "your mates down the pub". Its a large cross section of fans who often have different opinions and the fact the majority would go for Allardyce says a lot imo. 

i've always stated this is my perception of the situation, nothing more nothing less

however this place is full of bairns who are clamouring for change for the sake of it

the same w@nkers who were complaining about robson and saw him replaced with souness

My argument doesn't hold, so people with a different opinion must be either bairns who don't know what they're on about or w@nkers who always complain..

touche, good point - comes across as a bit petulant that but i'll stand by my opinion that there's to much desire for change for the sake of it and that allardyce would not be a popular choice as manager (but perhaps not as unpopular as i seem to think)

Fair enough! I can see where you're coming from too if you don't believe Allardyce is a good enough manager for us, but I think most people realise we can't realistically hope for anybody much better at this point in time.. Who would you consider replacing Roeder with?

aha!  the million dollar question

hard to answer really without sounding like you're reading off of football manager or something isn't it?

that lad from sevilla would be an obvious choice 'cause i believe he's leaving and has a commitment to playing good, attacking football and has built his success over time wherever he's been without massive finance...

the fundamental problem we have, as a club, is that shepherd will not countenance a foreign manager anymore therefore we're stuck with british or irish, thus i do see why people are looking at allardyce 'cause of the english managers he's regarded highly by lots of people

HONESTLY i'd say this - allow roeder the coming summer to get who he wants in, on the understanding that the players he buys are young, not crazy expensive, and not on mental wages (therefore we can move them if it all goes wrong)

if there's no improvement and he proves himself to have blown it then it's time to change but i just can't see the benefit in change right now

Karate Kuyt and Gejon - When the family braincell is back in your ownership feel free to engage in a debate with me.

Mick

It's totally irrelevant because we dont have a time machine.

Managers do get 12 Months here, they may last a little longer than the 12 Months before they get the bullet (or resign if you believe Freddy) but they get 12 Months and we all know it.

I agree Roeder is no better than Souness, neither is MON, but what they do have is an association with this club and a great media personality which has (and would) have bought them a little time.

I also agree we (nearly) always appoint the wrong Manager, but there is no dead-cert in appointing a Manager, SBR had the credentials to win something, Daglish had, even Gullit and Souness had.

Allardyce certainly hasnt and is no better than Roeder, despite being given the priceless commodity of time at Bolton.

To re-iterate for the Simpletons, I have no problem with changing Managers if it a definite step up and if I had said anything, you'd be able to quote me.

Bold: utter bollocks. Roeder is the worst manager in the league.

Italics: Anyone would be.

You claimed Newcastle fans would fall out with Allardyce as soon as the results didn't go our way like they did with Souness, I pointed out the differences and reasons why they probably wouldn't. If you are going to make comparisons expect people to pick holes at them.

ha ha you're making me laugh now 'cause i never said any of that at all!!

what i said was "the fans won't like the guy from the off" and "if results go against him he'll retreat into his shell and fight with the press just like souness did"

never said the fans would want him out at all just that we're "suspicious" of his loyalties, as i certainly am

if you're gonna talk sh!te expect to get laughed at

What makes you think the fans wont like him from the off? and you claim I talk s**** :lol:

i honestly think people are suspicious of the type of football he plays at bolton (and i agree with you and others that our current quality is worse than bolton but that means nowt), everyone i know and have spoken to BAR NONE have basically said "f@ck that" when the prospect is raised of allardyce as NUFC manager and it's what i say too, i don't like the guy as a man or a football manager

it's like that lad NE5 says about the board, same thing, we might have a bad one but clamouring for a slightly better one (in certain areas) might not be the best thing eh? 

comes back to the other post i made - if winning (a few more) matches is all you care about then allardyce is your man, and i thought i was missing the bigger picture

It means everything tbh, which is why we are even having this discussion in the first place. Anyway, it seems you are pretty much alone on here claiming the majority of our fans will not like the idea of Allardyce as our new manager. Doesn't that tell you anything, being alone yet claiming to speak for a majority?

firstly it's an internet forum pal, hardly reflective of general opinion is it? 

secondly my point is that because we're playing awful football right now under roeder how does that become an endorsement to sign a manager with a long history of playing awful football?  even if it's better than we play right now it's still awful pal

An internet forum will give a more unbiased opinion than "your mates down the pub". Its a large cross section of fans who often have different opinions and the fact the majority would go for Allardyce says a lot imo. 

i've always stated this is my perception of the situation, nothing more nothing less

however this place is full of bairns who are clamouring for change for the sake of it

the same w@nkers who were complaining about robson and saw him replaced with souness

My argument doesn't hold, so people with a different opinion must be either bairns who don't know what they're on about or w@nkers who always complain..

touche, good point - comes across as a bit petulant that but i'll stand by my opinion that there's to much desire for change for the sake of it and that allardyce would not be a popular choice as manager (but perhaps not as unpopular as i seem to think)

Fair enough! I can see where you're coming from too if you don't believe Allardyce is a good enough manager for us, but I think most people realise we can't realistically hope for anybody much better at this point in time.. Who would you consider replacing Roeder with?

aha!  the million dollar question

hard to answer really without sounding like you're reading off of football manager or something isn't it?

that lad from sevilla would be an obvious choice 'cause i believe he's leaving and has a commitment to playing good, attacking football and has built his success over time wherever he's been without massive finance...

the fundamental problem we have, as a club, is that shepherd will not countenance a foreign manager anymore therefore we're stuck with british or irish, thus i do see why people are looking at allardyce 'cause of the english managers he's regarded highly by lots of people

HONESTLY i'd say this - allow roeder the coming summer to get who he wants in, on the understanding that the players he buys are young, not crazy expensive, and not on mental wages (therefore we can move them if it all goes wrong)

if there's no improvement and he proves himself to have blown it then it's time to change but i just can't see the benefit in change right now

What have you seen from Roeder apart from half the team trying to leave that gives you such confidence?

Roeder has brought in 6 players and one of them has improved the team, thats not a ratio that gives me confidence that he will spend well in the summer.

personally i think the way he's operating in the transfer market is to the benefit of the club as a whole - no manager has a 100% success record in transfers do they?

so far martins has been very good, sib has exceeded expectations and duff has been a disappointment (but is hardly to be written off at age 27)

rossi should have been used more (but then he was tied for quite a few games), bernard was/is a joke and gooch has not been as good as we'd hoped

all in all the 6 players he's brought in haven't damaged us too much have they?  he hasn't panic bought a 9.5m player yet has he?

i have to believe that roeder, and the club, have learned from their mistakes to this point and will take steps to rectify them this summer....

the alternative as i see it is another season of a new manager coming in and "assessing" the players we all know need to leave before then not being given the chance to change things round

if roeder doesn't act this summer then he's pulling the trigger on himself, simple as that....

Roeder has brought in 6 players and one of them has improved the team, thats not a ratio that gives me confidence that he will spend well in the summer.

personally i think the way he's operating in the transfer market is to the benefit of the club as a whole - no manager has a 100% success record in transfers do they?

so far martins has been very good, sib has exceeded expectations and duff has been a disappointment (but is hardly to be written off at age 27)

rossi should have been used more (but then he was tied for quite a few games), bernard was/is a joke and gooch has not been as good as we'd hoped

all in all the 6 players he's brought in haven't damaged us too much have they?  he hasn't panic bought a 9.5m player yet has he?

i have to believe that roeder, and the club, have learned from their mistakes to this point and will take steps to rectify them this summer....

the alternative as i see it is another season of a new manager coming in and "assessing" the players we all know need to leave before then not being given the chance to change things round

if roeder doesn't act this summer then he's pulling the trigger on himself, simple as that....

Jesus. You WANT to let him bring more players like fucking Gooch into the club??

you TRUST a man who automatically plays Carr???

Roeder has been woeful, he'll learn fuck all because he thinks he was right, and he'll drag us down.

Don't forget his inspired decision to bring Srnicek back to the club.

Sibierski has done better than people expected but thats only because people thought he would be the worst player we have ever signed. He still isn't good enough.

The only reason Roeder hasn't signed am expensive panic buy player is because Fulham wouldn't release Zat Knight so close to the end of the transfer window.

Sibierski has done better than people expected but thats only because people thought he would be the worst player we have ever signed. He still isn't good enough.

The only reason Roeder hasn't signed am expensive panic buy player is because Fulham wouldn't release Zat Knight so close to the end of the transfer window.

Aye. blueyes.gif

Guest Nappy Rash

Roeder has actually put his own job on the line for the benefit of the long term future of NUFC which is to be applauded.

Of course this doesnt stop the insular, over-demanding, feet stamping, petulant breed from demanding his head.

They point to him not spending being a bad thing and solely his fault despite knowing nothing of what happened.

He couldnt get the players he wanted for whatever reasons (maybe he wasnt being backed) and he didnt go with expensive, over-aged, short-term, unsuitable replacements which would have drained the clubs finances further.

Good on him.

Put yourself in Allardyce's shoes for this one. You've spent ten years building up a really successful team at Bolton, and your results have been based on a lot of hard graft, long term planning and patience. You'd know that when you walk away from it to another club you're going to be starting from scratch and that for your way of working to really pay off it's going to take two or three seasons to build a team the way you want it.

If you're going to do that, and walk out on a club that you've just got into European football you're going to have a plan. You'll already know where you're going. Maybe it's Man City, maybe it's to take over at the newly rich Southampton, but wherever it is you'll have lined up a deal already, with someone who's prepared to put in the time it'll take for you to work the way you want to.

With the big four managers all comfortable (Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger, Benitez are all untouchable this season) my money's on one of the newly taken over clubs as Allardyce's destination...

bdoing!

it's all positive or negative spin eh? 

if you look on the positive side then he's spent 10m very well on a young, fit, fast, dangerous striker...

he spent 5m on a winger who had won back to back titles with chel$ki and was regarded by most people very highly when he was at blackburn....plus there's nothing to suggest duff can't improve and recapture his form

everyone else cost nothing or next to nothing but haven't had an impact on the team, simple as....

Roeder has actually put his own job on the line for the benefit of the long term future of NUFC which is to be applauded.

Of course this doesnt stop the insular, over-demanding, feet stamping, petulant breed from demanding his head.

They point to him not spending being a bad thing and solely his fault despite knowing nothing of what happened.

He couldnt get the players he wanted for whatever reasons (maybe he wasnt being backed) and he didnt go with expensive, over-aged, short-term, unsuitable replacements which would have drained the clubs finances further.

Good on him.

he's also culpable for talking the talk too much during the windows but i largely agree with this

bdoing!

it's all positive or negative spin eh? 

if you look on the positive side then he's spent 10m very well on a young, fit, fast, dangerous striker...

he spent 5m on a winger who had won back to back titles with chel$ki and was regarded by most people very highly when he was at blackburn....plus there's nothing to suggest duff can't improve and recapture his form

everyone else cost nothing or next to nothing but haven't had an impact on the team, simple as....

What is it in Roeder's background/managerial history that makes you want to give him a break?

Good on him.

Aye good on him, wasting the whole transfer window looking at Kuyt then he signs for Liverpool so we have to rush in players and end up with one good one. Next transfer window he sends the scouts out again (what they have been doing for the last few months I don't know!) and we end up getting Gooch on loan.

Well done Roeder, although you failed to improve the team at least you didn't blow loads of money on shit. Thats the true sign of a good manager! As long as you don't sign Luque's you have done alright!

Good on him.

How has he put his job on the line...By not strengthening the defence over two transfer windows?

Guest Nappy Rash

he's also culpable for talking the talk too much during the windows but i largely agree with this

Possibly Mr M, but we aren't blessed with the intricacies of exactly what goes on.

He said he gave the Chairman a list Months before there was a signing, were  the players too expensive, were the alternatives not willing to move?

Only two people know for definite, but what Im glad he hasnt done is bought a body for the sake of it or took an ageing name on a last pay day.

Possibly Mr M, but we aren't blessed with the intricacies of exactly what goes on.

He said he gave the Chairman a list Months before there was a signing, were  the players too expensive, were the alternatives not willing to move?

Only two people know for definite, but what Im glad he hasnt done is bought a body for the sake of it or took an ageing name on a last pay day.

Sibierski?

Guest Nappy Rash

Aye good on him, wasting the whole transfer window looking at Kuyt then he signs for Liverpool so we have to rush in players and end up with one good one. Next transfer window he sends the scouts out again (what they have been doing for the last few months I don't know!) and we end up getting Gooch on loan.

Well done Roeder, although you failed to improve the team at least you didn't blow loads of money on s***. Thats the true sign of a good manager! As long as you don't sign Luque's you have done alright!

Instead of trying to act clever (you're missing a vital organ for it for starters) why don't you just look at the facts.

He was looking at a replacement for Shearer (Kuyt) and someone to partner the pacey poacher (Owen), during this time, the pacey poacher gets injured, which means he now needs pace in his team and someone to partner Shola, hence the arrival of Oba to the detriment of Kuyt.

Not too many players have moved within our budget that even with the benefit of hindsight leave me gutted.

Campbell would have been nice mind you, but according to Shay he wouldnt come North anyway.

He'll sign the players he wants to sign from those available who want to move to Newcastle and who the club can afford in the present situation. I've no doubt he'll fail in your eyes though because he probably won't sign who you want him to sign.

Things alladyce DOES have

- Tactics

- Ability to motivate players

- The will do anything to win

Things Roeder DOESNT have

- Tactics

He isnt the best out there, but he is certainly the best we could get

PS The reason he didnt sign before sourness was that when said he was unsure about signing, Shepherd then said he would send Shearer down to persuade him and he then said no. Sam couldnt work at a club where a single player had such and influence on the running of the club, something Gullit also said

Guest Nappy Rash

Sibierski?

Quit trying to be clever numbnuts, you're lacking the equipment.

Sibierski was free, not bought  :uglystupid2:

Guest Nappy Rash

Geordie B

If Roeder doesnt have any tactical nous, explain his record against the top 4 this season to me  :uglystupid2:

PS The reason he didnt sign before sourness was that when said he was unsure about signing, Shepherd then said he would send Shearer down to persuade him and he then said no. Sam couldnt work at a club where a single player had such and influence on the running of the club, something Gullit also said

I believe its something to do with an airport fracas with our players disrespecting SBR, he never said fuck all along those lines and Shearer wasnt sent anywhere.

If I remember rightly didnt we put a flight on for him as we were away or something?  :undecided:

Jesus. You WANT to let him bring more players like f****** Gooch into the club??

you TRUST a man who automatically plays Carr???

Roeder has been woeful, he'll learn f*** all because he thinks he was right, and he'll drag us down.

I'm more worried that he continually picks Parker.

Things alladyce DOES have

- Tactics

Things Roeder DOESNT have

- Tactics

He isnt the best out there, but he is certainly the best we could get

I will always disagree with this. We have the ability to get most top line managers but not the will.