Stunning Predictions

NE5

...and also, I spent the entire summer before 05/06 after he was linked with us stating that we'd sign Michael Owen. No one believed me and I stood with that prediction until August 30th. When I got a phone call saying that he'd signed, I got so much pleasure in ringing my dad and telling him that I was right. I made him apologise  :lol:

...and also, I spent the entire summer before 05/06 after he was linked with us stating that we'd sign Michael Owen. No one believed me and I stood with that prediction until August 30th. When I got a phone call saying that he'd signed, I got so much pleasure in ringing my dad and telling him that I was right. I made him apologise  :lol:

Sure that was a prediction instead of just pure blind hope? ;)

Sure that was a prediction instead of just pure blind hope? ;)

A bit of both :lol:

I predicted Graeme Souness would be a total f****** disaster...

How is that Stunning?  If anything, you've got an over-whelming grasp of the obvious. 

aye, but GM isn't Freddie Shepherd  ;D

Guest Knightrider

That we'd win the league and CL double in 2003, that Boumsong, Jenas, Kluivert and Luque would all be massive players for us, that Roeder is the right man for this Newcastle United. Souness needed more money, Stead is the next Shearer tbh, Collins John is fucking ace and a whole host of other things.

:lol:

Oh and that golf courses would have Hitzfeld paying us to become our manager.

That we'd win the league and CL double in 2003, that Boumsong, Jenas, Kluivert and Luque would all be massive players for us, that Roeder is the right man for this Newcastle United. Souness needed more money, Stead is the next Shearer tbh, Collins John is fucking ace and a whole host of other things.

That we'd win the league and CL double in 2003, that Boumsong, Jenas, Kluivert and Luque would all be massive players for us, that Roeder is the right man for this Newcastle United. Souness needed more money, Stead is the next Shearer tbh, Collins John is f****** ace and a whole host of other things.

HTT's outlandish claims always make me laugh and he has impeccable timing, as soon as John Stead stopped scoring he claims he is the next Shearer.

Well I've got one, Matt Derbyshire will score 15 Premiership goals next season.

Guest Knightrider

To be fair, I get more thing right than I get wrong. I said Souness would end in tears and fall out with Bellamy and Robert. That Viana wasn't a DCM, that Ronaldo would be a good player for Man Utd, that we wouldn't sign Rooney, that we wouldn't win anything (every year on the dot excluding 2003), that if Liverpool score their next pen, they'll win the CL and so on and so on.

Guest Knightrider

That we'd win the league and CL double in 2003, that Boumsong, Jenas, Kluivert and Luque would all be massive players for us, that Roeder is the right man for this Newcastle United. Souness needed more money, Stead is the next Shearer tbh, Collins John is f****** ace and a whole host of other things.

HTT's outlandish claims always make me laugh and he has impeccable timing, as soon as John Stead stopped scoring he claims he is the next Shearer.

Well I've got one, Matt Derbyshire will score 15 Premiership goals next season.

He's the next John Stead, mark my words.

Seriously, I've been very impressed with him. Looks a cracking player.

Next Rooney tbh

;)

Was it Gejon or someone who said Patrick Kluivert would signal the start of some more big-name signings, citing Owen and Albert Luque as examples......fucking great signings eh?

I was happy with his signing but I don't remember making claims that it would lead to me big name signings..

I did say Faye would be a good player for us though  :blush:  :D

When Edgar had the ball just before he scored v manu i said "stunner from edgar here".  Maybe not a stunner, but i think it applies.

My worst prediction was when i told my dad to put thousands on milan v lliverpool in the cl final at half time to win a few hundred.  "You can't lose"  Luckily he didn't listen.

About 4 years ago I stuck a bet on David Dunn to score first and Blackburn v Liverpool to finish 2-2 at 125/1 and it came off  :banana:, that Grabbi character got the equaliser with about 5 minutes left I couldn't believe it. Since then I've tried loads of ridiculous outlandish bets but to no avail. Shame I only stuck a quid on it.

When Real signed Baptista AND Robinho a made a thread on here saying that we would definalty bid for Owen. I went on to say the reasons why we would get him.

Still didn't believe it when we had actually bid for him though.