Owen and Martins

Crumpy Gunt

Guest nyscooby

Seems to me the absence of decent wingers and intelligent midfielders cost us the game.....

Everyone seemed to be going for goal, and getting nowhere, nowt!

Nobby as rightback is just wrong. Milner, what position was he actually playing in?

Carr as defender / winger / left wing fwd attacker........ WHAT the F8ck??

:-(

We need to give them a chance, but everyone has the right to voice their opinion on how it'll turn out.

Owen is not a player to drop deep, and i don't think Martins' ball control is good enough for HIM to, so i think they'll struggle. That, together with our poor central midfield (creativity-wise) and shite manager, does not fill me full of hope.

And as Dyer is getting the full brunt tonite,i have to say Emre was utter w*** as well.

I want a playmaker that considers going into his own half beneath him, it hacks me off when Dyer/emere/parker are picking the ball off the CB's toes on the 18yard box. None of these lads have the skill to whizz round 2+ of the oppo then drop the ball at Oba or Owens feet. Or hit a 90 yard ball into space for one of O's to run onto....................they should leave this to Bramble :'(

And as Dyer is getting the full brunt tonite,i have to say Emre was utter w*** as well.

I want a playmaker that considers going into his own half beneath him, it hacks me off when Dyer/emere/parker are picking the ball off the CB's toes on the 18yard box. None of these lads have the skill to whizz round 2+ of the oppo then drop the ball at Oba or Owens feet. Or hit a 90 yard ball into space for one of O's to run onto....................they should leave this to Bramble :'(

Pirlo? Carrick?

I agree with Arsene Wenger. When he was asked about if Gerrard + Lampard were going to work for England ever, he said good players would always be able to play together.

Martins and Owen are both good players and they can play well together. But of course, they need to be amply supported by the midfield. Constant long ball won't help them at all. Play football to their feet. Yeah Martins is going to lose a few possessions but he will also make good use of some of them eventually.

is arl about the weakest link though. No matter how well Martins and Owen could link, when they're linking through a bald french broken armed piece of cunt then they're not gonna look good.

A la Robert,Ginola,Beardsley.Something that somebody,hopefully big Sam will find as we have none.

Its incredible people are discarding the partnership after 1 game.Especially as it was the best part to our game tonight.

I ain't dissing the partnerships it the brains of the people behind them, do they know the strengths & weakness of the two fast pint pots up front?

That is a very good point.And as Dyer is getting the full brunt tonite,i have to say Emre was utter wank as well.

Agreed.  Emre was terribly frustrating all night.

This is a crucial partnership for newcastle's success (obviously).... it will either work brilliantly or fail miserably.... hard to say after only one game....

give em a chance......

1st game together for fks sake give them a chance, I thought they did link up well together anyway but after the injuries wor shape was wrecked and they all found it hard to get on the end of a pass.

I bet you have had this thread ready to post for months now, juts waiting to put down the Owen - Martins partnership..

Its normal not to work when the whole team is playing like crap.Under Roeder our team has no style of play,no game plan,no organization whatsoever,nothing.If Roeder is our manager next season(God forbid)Owen-Martins partnership will score goal but mainly because of this 2 players talent and not because of some good team display,team attack or something like this.If we play good passing football with enough creativity in midfield,not with all the long balls and unnecessary long kicks from the whole defence Owen-Martins partnership will work.Maybe not as well if we play Owen and Martins with some tall,strong striker but still they will score goals.

We just need some good manager who can teach our players how to play passing football.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Seems to me the absence of decent wingers and intelligent midfielders cost us the game.....

Everyone seemed to be going for goal, and getting nowhere, nowt!

Nobby as rightback is just wrong. Milner, what position was he actually playing in?

Carr as defender / winger / left wing fwd attacker........ WHAT the F8ck??

:-(

It seems to me that you are describing the only things that worked in the game. Milner moved around the field to confuse Reading and he was in ball possesion more than any other on the field, and beside some crappy crosses did well with the ball.

Same with Carr and Nobby who you couldnt blame for the loss.

I'll say we lost because we lacked physical presence, we had nothing to play for/a manager who cant motivate and crappy performances in Bramble, Martins and Dyer.

Some real s*** in this thread, if only someone had predcted their would be a thread claiming "it will never work" after their first game together......

wonder who that was!!! Inevitible though!