Sol to Newcastle?

thewellander
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=sol-searching%26method=full%26objectid=19033157%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Here's a link to an article that claims that Sol Campbell wants to come to SJP in the summer. I wanted to add a poll to ask if you thought this was a good idea, but I'm not sure how.  :uglystupid2:

I know it's been discussed before, but if Sol wants to come, I think Roeder should bring him in. If we need a Sol-type defender, then why not just bring in Sol?

Guest SLK

One season too late mate...If Roeder decides to bring him now then that would be enough proof to everyone that Roeder is CLUELESS as he could have tried to get him at the start of the season instead but he didn't...

One season too late mate...If Roeder decides to bring him now then that would be enough proof to everyone that Roeder is CLUELESS as he could have tried to get him at the start of the season instead but he didn't...

I think thats been proven a while ago.

Guest Knightrider

Roeder being told who to sign, now? Or is someone else doing the shopping?

Sol after his final big pay day, mind he is out for the rest of the season now anyway, so just our kind of player we can buy him already injured ,saves us a job of knackering him.

Guest SwissMagpie

Just linked with Newcastle and now Sol is out for the rest of the season :-)

Portsmouth will be without veteran defender Sol Campbell for their quest to play European football next season.

Campbell is struggling with an Achilles problem and is now set to miss out on their final two Premiership games.

The former Arsenal and Spurs man will sit out Pompey's league outings against Everton and The Gunners.

Manager Harry Redknapp acknowledges it is a blow, but is confident his squad can cope despite Campbell's absence.

"Sol is struggling with his Achilles," he told The News. "He's got a little bit of a tear in there and it looks like he's out for the season.

"He's had a scan, and now it's a case of whether he needs an operation or not.

"What we don't want is for him to rest it through the summer only for it to go at the start of next season.

"We coped without Sol in the wins over Manchester United and Liverpool. But losing him now is a big blow."

The idiot believes Craig Moore will be looking for a new club next season. I believe this club will be located in Australia as he's been saying he'd go there this Summer ever since he arrived here two years ago. I also believe Oliver will be writing for the Chronicle next season - mores the pity.

Guest johnson293

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=enPlayerProfile&playerId=11777

He signed a two year deal last summer.

So, Glenn could have had him at 32 last summer for nowt, but may go for him this summer a year older, and probably pay a fee for him???!!!!  :crazy2:

Oh, and he's now injured...... Sounds like its probably a done deal then!!!  :cheesy:

MJ

The idiot believes Craig Moore will be looking for a new club next season. I believe this club will be located in Australia as he's been saying he'd go there this Summer ever since he arrived here two years ago. I also believe Oliver will be writing for the Chronicle next season - mores the pity.

I'd love to see some quotes about Moore saying he wants to return to Australia because I've never seen any but it seems everyone believes it. I certainly don't - I've posted quotes from Australian managers who are sounding him out that are more hopeful than anything...

He'll turn up in the Middle East for one last pay day before coming home, I'd put money on it

Guest johnson293

I'd love to see some quotes about Moore saying he wants to return to Australia because I've never seen any but it seems everyone believes it. I certainly don't - I've posted quotes from Australian managers who are sounding him out that are more hopeful than anything...

He'll turn up in the Middle East for one last pay day before coming home, I'd put money on it

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_method=full%26objectid=16924145%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Craig is heading back to Oz

Apr 9 2006

By The Sunday Sun

He may have played just three games for Newcastle, but Craig Moore is already planning to go back Down Under.

The Australian defender isn't about to abandon United so soon after making a belated start to his Premiership career.

But he has revealed he will definitely leave Tyneside to finish his career back home when his contract expires next summer.

And with Brisbane being Moore's destination, it is likely he will sign for Queensland Roar in Australia's fast-improving A-League.

"When my contract is up at Newcastle I will be heading home to Australia," he says. "I'll live in Brisbane."

With Moore only just turning 30, that may come as a surprise to some.

But he adds: "I'll have been in Europe for 14 or 15 years and it will be time to go back and get my family settled in Australia.

"I think seven or eight Australians who are playing over here would say the same.

"The weather is a big factor, but the A-League is a success and it will boost the league further if players who have been playing at a high level here in Europe go back."

MJ

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_method=full%26objectid=16924145%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Fair enough. Thanks for that - like I said, I've never seen any quotes, just assumptions.

I don't believe it though. For a couple of reasons. Those quotes are over a year old for starters. There's only one team in Brisbane (or within 500 miles of Brisbane) and their coach has said since then he holds little hope of signing him.

We'll see...

Guest NIToon

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=464534&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Roeder+looking+for+experience

Newcastle chief Glenn Roeder is ready to change tack in order to boost his defensive options.

The Magpies boss missed out on the chance to sign Sol Campbell last summer as he made it clear he wanted to bring in emerging talents rather than players over the age of 30.

This policy has backfired though, as Newcastle's defence has been its usual porous self while Campbell has enjoyed something of an Indian summer with Portsmouth.

And with the futures of Titus Bramble, Craig Moore and loan signing Oguchi Onyewu in some doubt, Roeder is set to scour all areas of the market to boost his options.

"I would like a central defender this side of 26 and an experienced one over 30 with a big CV and successful playing career," said Roeder.

Roeder's comments could fuel suggestions that Newcastle may attempt to revive their interest in Campbell this summer, particularly as The Magpies feel Steven Taylor will derive great benefit from playing alongside an experienced stopper.

Good to see Roeder sticking to his policies. ;)

"I would like a central defender this side of 26 and an experienced one over 30 with a big CV and successful playing career."

At least he realises we need more than one centre back, i also agree with this view. Cannot believe he decided against Campbell.

Hyypia?

Well done to Glenn for realising what we need, like. We're crying out for an experienced head at the back.

yeah, well done Glenn, you clueless c***. You're a year too late, and not capable of the job, but well done.

Its like a teacher saying well done to a retarded kid who has just managed to understand that 1+1 = 2 a year after his classmates started learning pythagoras and calculus.

Hyypia?

Well done to Glenn for realising what we need, like. We're crying out for an experienced head at the back.

yeah, well done Glenn, you clueless c***. You're a year too late, and not capable of the job, but well done.

Its like a teacher saying well done to a retarded kid who has just managed to understand that 1+1 = 2 a year after his classmates started learning pythagoras and calculus.

Not really, to be fair.

Hyypia?

Not really, to be fair.

Well, LITERALLY, its like saying well done to a stupid, crap, useless, worthless manager, who has realised a year too late soemthing that pretty much everyone else in the country knew ages ago. But you get tmonkey's point.

Hyypia?

Not really, to be fair.

Well, LITERALLY, its like saying well done to a stupid, crap, useless, worthless manager, who has realised a year too late soemthing that pretty much everyone else in the country knew ages ago. But you get tmonkey's point.

I do, yeah.

God damn monkeys, always sticking up for each other.