Yes or No will he go???

SUPERTOON

I think FF is worried the Mackems will overtake us - he'll be panning himself (then again so will I) if it happens and may feel inclined to act decisively for once. I honestly think Roeder will go and he knows it.

Yes, i even think he'll resign.

Good to see I'm not alone... i've got a strange feeling he'll be stepping down.

I dont think he'll quit because in interviews he doesnt seem to think he's the problem and have said a few times no-body could of done a better job.

I think FF is worried the Mackems will overtake us - he'll be panning himself (then again so will I) if it happens and may feel inclined to act decisively for once. I honestly think Roeder will go and he knows it.

The Smoggies have overtaken  us now

Defeat to Watford will round the season off just nicely

Yes.  Surely the fat one would have to get rid of the rat one if we ended up with the lowest point total in our prem. history

My initial thought was that he wouldnt resign, but considering everything else he says is bullshit, I cant see why him saying "Glenn Roeder never backs down from a challenge" is likely to be true either. God I hope he does fuck off!

After listening to what he said, his tone and general attitude in his post match interview with radio Newcastle, resignation is not something he is contemplating nor does he think he's in any danger of the chop. Today we were beaten by an offside goal and ity's all the players fault becasue they have no confidence at the moment, he prepared them faultlessly, so he says :)

this could all change though, the next 48 hours could be crucial got a feeling Freddy will ask him to move upstairs, don't think he wants to be seen as sacking another manager.

Am i the only one who isn't overly keen on SA coming to nufc??? I understand and agree completely that Roeder needs go, his football has been uninspiring at best and i cant remember seeing nufc put any single team under relentless pressure for a sustained period of time in a performance all season. (Bar AZ at home). (First half)

His constant referall to injuries has been unfounded at times, as the steady flow of fit players into thefirst team have done little to improve performances. The list could go on, but i think you already know.

For me, what SA  achieved at Bolton was fantastic, no question, he brought in a modern structure to the reebok stadiuim, from a scouting network to the scientific stats analysis, something which would be greatly appreciated at newcastle. (Though, whether FS would implement all the changes is another matter to be seen, remeber SBR wanting the 80k stats anlysis and being refused....one weeks wages for Mr Dyer).

My biggest gripe with the potential appointment of SA is the style of football that SA would bring to the toon.

For me, my fondest memories of nufc were the swash buckling style of football that was played in the mid 90's and the early noughtys, call me a keegan bandwagon jumper, but i am only 19 so thats what i was brought up with, and i loved every minute of it, i was really disheartened with Gullit and Dalglish but the appionement of SBR was something that has not only been the best thing but the worst thing for nufc in recent times. The brand of football that he brought to nufc were a joy to behold. It is this therefore that leads me away from SA, i dont belive there is true nufc fans who would enjoy seeing nufc reaching the upper echeoloens of the EPL at the expense of the free flowing football that newcastle bases its tradition on.  For those who say that i am a band wagon jumper and dont know what it was like in the past, pre keegan, my question is, if that is the case and we weren't terrific pre keegan, why are our expectations so sky high?? The answer? It is because newcastle are definetely the sleeping giants of english football and all 52k fans who fill the seat at SJP, sit there onthe tiniest whim that they can be there to witness this sleeping giant awake. While i would love to see SA bring in the structure that this club so desperately needs, i crave more for the relentless attacking football that this club needs, in my opinion SA is not the man who wll even entertain the thought. Part of my reservations also come from the fact that SA turned us down twice, i have read that him and FS dont agree on something, there are 4 things that pop in my mind, SA wanting to proide a complete overhaul at nufc, not something FS would be keen on, comprmising the style of play, Mr Shearer and finally the bung stuff.

Woud anyone enjoy reasonable success, consistent top 6 finishes with ugly football? If so, at which point would it be unnacceptable, providing we had not won anything? Would anyone be more tolerant of the same consistent finishes without a trophy if nufc produced exhilrating football, and breath taking matches? If s, in my opinion, you secretly in your heart of hearts are opposed to SA being appionted.

Guest Ridzuan

As much as I would like to be optimistic and believe that it will happen,unfortunately,it will not happen anythime soon I think.

Guest graemeh72

Yes

I don't think Shepherd will take the risk of keeping him in the job and then having to do a Freddie Special in Spetember

Guest thenorthumbrian

Why do managers cling on when it's obvious they are useless ?

Roeder has an awful record he must realise he is not up to the job ?

And I want him out of the club, why would anyone want him at the club in any capacity when he has proved time after time he is an incompetent  and slimy liitle sh1t.

Why do managers cling on when it's obvious they are useless ?

Roeder has an awful record he must realise he is not up to the job ?

And I want him out of the club, why would anyone want him at the club in any capacity when he has proved time after time he is an incompetent  and slimy liitle sh1t.

hundreds and hundreds of thousands of pounds might have an influence on your decision eh?  not entirely convinced i'd walk but then roeder professes to love the club so he should walk with dignity, he'd regain a bit of respect with the fans....

look at souness, when the writing was on the wall there was only one reason he stayed and that was his payoff - put ruud gullitt into perspective for me that did, at least he had the good grace to resign and leave the money in the club he'd done so much to damage

this is a factor that can't be ignored anymore in the situation - leaving aside the usual mackem "we'll be in the champions league" type shit they always come out with there's an undeniable momentum around them at the moment

when they come up next year they're the underdog when they play us, they could blow 50m on players but they have a media friendly chairman and a manager who is reversing everyone's expectations of him (and he talks like brian clough)....we'll be portrayed as the big bad wolf that's spent 300m or whatever and won nowt while "little sunde%l@#d" try to take on the big boys

when they come to play us keane will have them running through walls to beat us, and if the fat man can't see this then we are in for some very, very bleak times

if roeder is in charge for that game next season i shudder at the thought of what might happen, i really do