For those who think we need a full back before forwards

NE5

No goals scored in 470 minutes of football at home and the problem is the defence?

Its clear as day what the problem is. Our strikers are feeling their way back from injury and we need an attacking creative midfielder. Nothwithstanding questions about the manager, NE5's view of the team is increasingly vindicated.

Left back my arse.

Aye Babayaro and Carr will take care of that posistion next season yeah?

470 minutes without a goal and you are bringing up a player who isnt even playing! Brilliant and incisive comment.

The evidence is there for all to see, we need more attacking options.

That's why I said, "as well as Tommy Craig"...didn't want to tarnish him with the same brush as the other 3...who were still a mile better than the eedjits in charge now.

Those things you mentioned are all part of Roeder's responsibilities as a manager.

He is responsible for all the things our team is doing on the field during games.

100% responsible? Surley you can't think that?

My point is that when a team is playing shit football all season its the manager who must take full responsibility

I would like to cast my vote for the "If we can get our money back on Martins and get Darren Bent in, then that would be great" Party.

Oba's been absoluetely shocking of late. I think todays Sunday Sun is correct in saying he looks out of his depth at this level.

:thup:

Can you tell me any newcastle player who wasnt out of his depth lately?

People who thinks we should sell him are just insane

His goals kept us in the Premiership

And im sure if he goes to some top club he would become top player very soon.

I would like to cast my vote for the "If we can get our money back on Martins and get Darren Bent in, then that would be great" Party.

Oba's been absoluetely shocking of late. I think todays Sunday Sun is correct in saying he looks out of his depth at this level.

:thup:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=37822.msg762833#msg762833

he may well be. He will have to adjust his game to play alongside Owen or a different partner. We will see if he can do it or not.

Just re-reading and I think NUFC06 has said a lot of what I'm about to say, but never mind:

It's not a matter of defenders or attackers, although there are improvements required to both.  The main problem though is that we are a squad of players that is very obviously receiving nothing like the level of coaching that is required.  That game yesterday was yet another example of a collection of individuals playing with no shape, no discernible tactics, no cohesion and no concept of what their role in the whole set-up is.  They looked like they barely knew one another.  This is NOT a personnel issue, it's because our coaching staff is so far below what is acceptable for a club of this size, that it's beyond a joke.

I would f****** love to know what is going on at that training ground, but there are players in that squad like Michael Owen and Nicky Butt who have been at world class football clubs, and they must be absolutely staggered by the standard of coaching at Newcastle United.  It needs f****** sorting out as a matter of priority.  Personnel isn't going to make a blind bit of difference until we get someone in that can turn us into a football team.  We are nothing like one at the minute.

This is spot on

I don't believe that Roeder isn't sending the team out with no idea's of tactics, gameplan, formation, individual roles - its just the players are clearly not responding to what is being said by Roeder or  the 'coaching staff' in the dressing room or on the training ground.

No matter what Roeder thinks is the right way to approach a game or how he wants them to play, it just won't work.

Plus his ability to galvanise the team and inspire confidence and motivation must be in serious doubt.

So, he has to go.

seriously overestimating the quality of Newcastle's players

Guest andynufc84

No goals scored in 470 minutes of football at home and the problem is the defence?

Its clear as day what the problem is. Our strikers are feeling their way back from injury and we need an attacking creative midfielder. Nothwithstanding questions about the manager, NE5's view of the team is increasingly vindicated.

Left back my arse.

470 minutes without a goal and you are bringing up a player who isnt even playing! Brilliant and incisive comment.

You are spot on my apologies, we don't need a left back when we have Carr then.

I'm on about what we need for next seaon. Whats the point of more attacking options when its clear that we are

rubbish in defence

Left back my arse.

We need more attacking options, that's obvious.

It's also obvious we can't defend with this lot and half of them are leaving.

Truth is as others have said, there's more than one area that needs work (which is worrying given our finances); it's ridiculous to suggest people who want to see us bring in a left-back will be satisfied with that alone.

By all accounts Tommy Craig is a decent coach - did a good job with the reserves.  He and Alan Shearer were also

major factors in our revival at the back end of last season under Roeder.

Assistant to John Collins at Hibs now.

He was hardly ever there & was shown the door because he was asked to do extra....cant remember what atm, will find out when I speak to my dad & will post later on.

Blame the lack of creativity from midfield for the lack of goals, yesterday like most of the season we seen our front two dropping deep into our own half hunting for the ball, they do this because the service to them is utter shite!!

Bingo.

Yesterday, Parker had an absolute nightmare, and I wasn't surprised that Roeder left him on at all.

The Last straw, the ultimate proof he isn't decisive enough, or able to see the right decision. Sad, but true.

Left back my arse.

I'm on about what we need for next seaon. Whats the point of more attacking options when its clear that we are

rubbish in defence

I thought Carr had a canny game yesterday. Credit where credit is due. The defence was not the problem yesterday it was a lack of cohesion going forward and no creativity.

Left back my arse.

rubbish in defence

I thought Carr had a canny game yesterday. Credit where credit is due. The defence was not the problem yesterday it was a lack of cohesion going forward and no creativity.

;D ;D

Aye because we didnt lose the game 2:0

Are you on glue or what???

Left back my arse.

rubbish in defence

I agree with the last bit but ffs, their second goal was absoloutely pathetic, the defence was stood watching.

Left back my arse.

rubbish in defence

;D ;D

No. You are clearly a retard for saying that though. Did you go to the game yesterday? Otherwise I cant see how you have the temerity to say that.

Only someone with the mental capacity of a 4 year old would base his argument on the result rather than actually the actual game itself. 

Left back my arse.

rubbish in defence

I agree with the last bit but ffs, their second goal was absoloutely pathetic, the defence was stood watching.

Ramage's man iirc.

I'm not sure but the space and ease Bentley ran up the line and was allowed to put a ball into the box from inside the box to a player that was stood slap bang in the middle of the goal in between our two centrebacks makes me think that needs to be sorted before anything else is looked at.

We could score 4 and still lose with the current defence.

I'm not sure but the space and ease Bentley ran up the line and was allowed to put a ball into the box from inside the box to a player that was stood slap bang in the middle of the goal in between our two centrebacks makes me think that needs to be sorted before anything else is looked at.

It would have been 4-2 to us  :laugh:

you are right, let's sign Darren Bent

Left back my arse.

rubbish in defence

;D ;D

No. You are clearly a retard for saying that though. Did you go to the game yesterday? Otherwise I cant see how you have the temerity to say that.

Only someone with the mental capacity of a 4 year old would base his argument on the result rather than actually the actual game itself. 

I dont argue that there is no connection between our midfield and our attack but saying that our defence was not the problem its just crazy

:D Sad thing is is that Blackburn probably could have go on and scored more if they'd wanted.

Left back my arse.

rubbish in defence

;D ;D

I dont argue that there is no connection between our midfield and our attack but saying that our defence was not the problem its just crazy

Failing to address a fact like 470 minutes without a goal is not just crazy, its stupid.

Left back my arse.

rubbish in defence

;D ;D

He asked you if you went to the game yesterday ? Did you ? Are you basing these comments that you are making simply on the scoreline or through looking at the shape of the team and their performance ?

the last goal we scored at home in the premership was in February

And there was me thinking the whole team contributed to goals and it wasn't the strikers who did all the work.

We had Owen and Martins playing yesterday, won't find many better strike forces than that in the PL.

Would like to see how many assists the full backs for the top 4 have.

And there was me thinking and saying ages ago that the whole team contributes to defending and it's not just the defenders who have to do all the defensive work.

Hmmm, wonder why the principle doesn't seem to work that way around.....

Isn't it obvious we need defenders and midfielders every bit as much as we need strikers?!

We haven't score in fucking ages, mainly because we've only had one fit striker capable of scoring goals all season, with Owen and Ameobi still short of match fitness the situation still hasn't got any better, next season we need another striker to boost the ranks in case injury hits us again.

Our midfield is absolutely shocking, are we the only team in the Premiership that play 2 holding men?! wouldn't surprise me if we were, on top of that Dyer is offering fuck all, N'Zogbia is average and massively overrated, Duff was a waste of money and Emre is always injured, Milner is the only bright spark from an attacking point of view from midfield and we've treated the lad like shit.

Then we get on to our defense, the only good defender we have is Taylor and he has more bad games than good, Ramage, Gooch, Babayaro, Carr and Moore are possibly the worst group of defenders in the league, our problems have been made worse by Bramble thinking he's Pirlo or something capable of pinging 70 yard balls about the place, only to give it away and put us straight back under pressure, the worst thing is he's been doing it for four fucking years! Our only bright spark has been Solano and he isn't even a defender, his lack of pace will soon be exposed if he's at right back next season.

As Gemmill said this club is in a shocking state, no coaching or tactics have gone into this team which is why we're getting shown up against the likes of Reading, Birmingham, Portsmouth etc and buying a striker, midfielder or defender would only paper over the cracks for so long.

Btw it's typical NE5 to ignore all this mess was brought on by Shepherd appointing two of the worst managers the Premiership has ever seen, both managers he backed in the beginning, and try and use the whole shambles as a point scoring exercise to try and make out he was right again.

Now if you don't mind I'm off to watch Arsenal vs Chelsea, two decent teams worth watching.

About £27m worth of forwards on the field yesterday. Milner seemed like the only player who could create. Without proper support for the wingers its no suprise we can't create chances for the likes of Owen and Martins in a regular basis.

We need a lot of players next season. My priority would still be a left back because we don't have any at the club who are good enough to attack and defend. There are striking options available in the summer that would mean we don't have to spend a huge sum to increase the quality in our team.