For those who think we need a full back before forwards

NE5

A combination of watching the game live in the stadium and watching the same game on TV later can be a very educational experience.

of course it is. The sky pundits, especially the likes of Jamie Redknapp,  know all about Newcastle United, and have no bias whatsoever.

So what they say is correct, every time. Particularly if they say Oba Martins is a top player, because he's scored a few spectacular goals on the telly, and we have a "bad defence because Newcastle have always had a bad defence ever since the days of Keegan".

Are you somehow suggesting that the pundits are perpetuating the myth of Newcastle having a shoddy defence which is actually the 6th best defence in the world?

find where I said that or anything like it ? I'm sorry to say this, because I thought better of you, but your stupid chums on toontastic appear to have influenced your thinking, you should realise that some of them are simply a bunch of tossers, putting words into someones mouth as you have done here.

Anyway, I take it you mean the same "shoddy defence" which has a pretty decent defensive record this season, despite spending far too many games up against it through the hopeless players in front of them conceding ground and forcing them on the back foot. Obviously, looking at the posts on some of the NUFC boards, too many people have indeed been listening to these people, who are quite happy knowing they are actually half convincing half hearted Newcastle fans that they know what they are talking about, because deep down they are happy to keep us in the position we are in, knowing that we would wipe their arses with their own little cockney tosspot teams the day we finally get our act together. As we did when Keegan was manager. Which is why they slate him and the fact he "won nowt". Laughable, and showing a complete lack of appreciation of where this club was when he walked through the door.

Which sort of proves my point completely.

A combination of watching the game live in the stadium and watching the same game on TV later can be a very educational experience.

of course it is. The sky pundits, especially the likes of Jamie Redknapp,  know all about Newcastle United, and have no bias whatsoever.

So what they say is correct, every time. Particularly if they say Oba Martins is a top player, because he's scored a few spectacular goals on the telly, and we have a "bad defence because Newcastle have always had a bad defence ever since the days of Keegan".

Are you somehow suggesting that the pundits are perpetuating the myth of Newcastle having a shoddy defence which is actually the 6th best defence in the world?

find where I said that or anything like it ?

The same "shoddy defence" which has a pretty decent defensive record this season, despite spending far too many games up against it through the hopeless players in front of them conceding ground and forcing them on the back foot. Obviously, looking at the posts on some of the NUFC boards, too many people have indeed been listening to these people, who are quite happy knowing they are actually half convincing half hearted Newcastle fans that they know what they are talking about, because deep down they are happy to keep us in the position we are in, knowing that we would wipe their arses with their own little cockney tosspot teams the day we finally get our act together. As we did when Keegan was manager. Which is why they slate him and the fact he "won nowt". Laughable, and showing a complete lack of appreciation of where this club was when he walked through the door.

No, you misunderstand me - I admit perhaps dropping in the reference to 6th best defence in the world was a tongue-in-cheek comment - but you're right that there's a great many of us who find it difficult to live with being ridiculed for having a shite defence, let alone having to watch it week in week out. But the main point you make about the midfielders being weak is spot on. We haven't had a decent midfield performance since Gary Speed left us, and even well before that I'd say.

The same "shoddy defence" which has a pretty decent defensive record this season, despite spending far too many games up against it through the hopeless players in front of them conceding ground and forcing them on the back foot. Obviously, looking at the posts on some of the NUFC boards, too many people have indeed been listening to these people, who are quite happy knowing they are actually half convincing half hearted Newcastle fans that they know what they are talking about, because deep down they are happy to keep us in the position we are in, knowing that we would wipe their arses with their own little cockney tosspot teams the day we finally get our act together. As we did when Keegan was manager. Which is why they slate him and the fact he "won nowt". Laughable, and showing a complete lack of appreciation of where this club was when he walked through the door.

No, you misunderstand me - I admit perhaps dropping in the reference to 6th best defence in the world was a tongue-in-cheek comment - but you're right that there's a great many of us who find it difficult to live with being ridiculed for having a shite defence, let alone having to watch it week in week out. But the main point you make about the midfielders being weak is spot on. We haven't had a decent midfield performance since Gary Speed left us, and even well before that I'd say.

Well, I don't think its such a shite defence, as a shite attack, with players who are underachieving and unbalanced. I think defending starts from the front, with good possession and the footballing ability to gain the initiative.

I can accept what you say about the "6th best defence", and the hidden implication of me having said that "only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us" [which is still the case, and is a damn sight better than about 20 teams qualifying more than us which was the situation the current board found us in when they took over the club] but still thought better of you. This was supposed to be a decent debate, not a repetition of the stupid comments made by some of the wankers on toontastic.

I think that Nicky Butt has eventually proved to be a worthy replacement for Gary Speed, as I thought he would, and the problem is in other areas. But that is just my opinion. I also think that the midfield we had when Rob Lee played was as good as anyone, he himself being the best English central midfield player in the premiership between about 1995 and 1999, 2nd only to Roy Keane.

Guest Gemmill

I'm sorry to say this, because I thought better of you, but your stupid chums on toontastic appear to have influenced your thinking, you should realise that some of them are simply a bunch of tossers, putting words into someones mouth as you have done here.

:lol:  "I'm not angry with you......I'm disappointed."

Classically ludicrous over-exaggeration.

Putting words into others' mouth-tastic!

I completely agree.

I'm surprised at you having a snipe at one of your chums for that bit of spam though.

It would be interesting to dig up the old posts and see who was slating Gary Speed for being shite. I'm not saying you were among them, although it's possible, but it was obvious at the time that Gary Speed was the true influence in the team and that he would be sorely missed.

Posting these things about the quality of Gary Speed at the time always brought a volley of abuse from the some people though, then later on they see it. It happens time and time again.

I completely agree.

I'm surprised at you having a snipe at one of your chums for that bit of spam though.

I'm not in the least bit surprised. It was only a bit of banter. Which of course, you have willfully misinterpreted into something more than what it was.

It would be interesting to dig up the old posts and see who was slating Gary Speed for being shite. I'm not saying you were among them, although it's possible, but it was obvious at the time that Gary Speed was the true influence in the team and that he would be sorely missed.

Posting these things about the quality of Gary Speed at the time always brought a volley of abuse from the some people though, then later on they see it. It happens time and time again.

Sadly, I wasn't posting on this board at the time we had the genius of Gary Speed at our disposal. Otherwise I'd be able to go back and pull up loads of quotes from myself about how he was the true talisman of the club, forget Shearer etc. it was always Speed that held the team together. He was the glue.

I completely agree.

I'm not in the least bit surprised. It was only a bit of banter. Which of course, you have willfully misinterpreted into something more than what it was.

Didn't expect you to get the joke, but there was always an outside chance you might.

The fact I "willfully" edited the two posts into one should have been a big enough clue even for your brain cell to cope with. Obviously not and I'm not surprised.

On a related note - since you love the idea of digging up old posts to see whether people have been fickle/changed their minds etc - I was just wondering whether it had ever happened to you? Have you ever changed your mind on anything? Ever?

Or were you born a know-it-all, someone whose opinion was right then, is right now and will be right forever more?

I completely agree.

Didn't expect you to get the joke, but there was always an outside chance you might.

The fact I "willfully" edited the two posts into one should have been a big enough clue even for your brain cell to cope with. Obviously not and I'm not surprised.

HTL man, care to go back and bold where your incredibly witty joke was? Pretty sure I won't be the only one who missed it.

You're no Russ Abbott really, are you?

And why have you still got Michael Palin as your avatar?

Guest Geordiesned

On a related note - since you love the idea of digging up old posts to see whether people have been fickle/changed their minds etc - I was just wondering whether it had ever happened to you? Have you ever changed your mind on anything? Ever?

Or were you born a know-it-all, someone whose opinion was right then, is right now and will be right forever more?

I'll give him one thing GM, he'd make an excellent witness during cross-examination, sticking to the same story constantly even when the defence/prosecution have produced overwhelming evidence to show he's got less brain cells than, well, all those he tells on here have only one brain cell! :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

I completely agree.

HTL man, care to go back and bold where your incredibly witty joke was? Pretty sure I won't be the only one who missed it.

You're no Russ Abbott really, are you?

And why have you still got Michael Palin as your avatar?

Given his age it probably a Ben Elton type joke. You know - acceptable in the eighties but not at all funny now. Still, his cronies would be pissing themselves laughing at his extraordinary wit.

Well, I don't think its such a shite defence, as a shite attack, with players who are underachieving and unbalanced. I think defending starts from the front, with good possession and the footballing ability to gain the initiative.

I can accept what you say about the "6th best defence", and the hidden implication of me having said that "only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us" [which is still the case, and is a damn sight better than about 20 teams qualifying more than us which was the situation the current board found us in when they took over the club] but still thought better of you. This was supposed to be a decent debate, not a repetition of the stupid comments made by some of the wankers on toontastic.

I think that Nicky Butt has eventually proved to be a worthy replacement for Gary Speed, as I thought he would, and the problem is in other areas. But that is just my opinion. I also think that the midfield we had when Rob Lee played was as good as anyone, he himself being the best English central midfield player in the premiership between about 1995 and 1999, 2nd only to Roy Keane.

:angel: Wept

You are the new Bill Shankly

Our defence is more shit then our attack

Genius :clap:

Genius :clap:

Grandfather NE5 for England

I'll give him one thing GM, he'd make an excellent witness during cross-examination, sticking to the same story constantly even when the defence/prosecution have produced overwhelming evidence to show he's got less brain cells than, well, all those he tells on here have only one brain cell! :lol:

Ahh, I detect love in the air.....

Of course we need backs before forwards, stop being so thick.

Our defence is absolutely woeful, and it has been for a long time.

Compare Bramble, Carr, Babayaro, Ramage, too Owen, Martins. Even Ame 'fucking' obi shits all over our defenders.

Seriously

FFS :rant:

mackems.gif

Funnier by the minute. You should read your own stuff before aiming that kind of comment toward someone else. BTW Aren't you supposed to be in your 40's?

Compare Bramble, Carr, Babayaro, Ramage, too Owen, Martins. Even Ame 'fucking' obi shits all over our defenders.

Seriously

Tell that to grandfather NE5 who thinks we need to sign strikers before defenders :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Compare Bramble, Carr, Babayaro, Ramage, too Owen, Martins. Even Ame 'f******' obi shits all over our defenders.

Seriously

you don't watch the games live do you?

Sadly, I wasn't posting on this board at the time we had the genius of Gary Speed at our disposal. Otherwise I'd be able to go back and pull up loads of quotes from myself about how he was the true talisman of the club, forget Shearer etc. it was always Speed that held the team together. He was the glue.

Sadly, you're posting on here now, but I wish you'd stick to toonstastic.

By the way, where did I say I made posts about Gary Speed on this forum?

Try thinking before you write something.