Is Dyer Finished at NUFC?

NG32

I reckon hes not fully fit, probably never will be.  I remember seeing him walking around the pitch against alkmaar at home huffing and puffing, not able to run.  That was about his 8thgame back as well.

Bobby Robson used to talk of him being a "naturally fit boy" who d burn his opponent off over 90 mins.  One way or another he isnt anymore.

Anyone reckon the medication he'd need for his medical condition could be slowing him down?

It was also disappointed to notice this at the bottom of one of Alan Oliver´s pieces the other day: 

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=roeder-explains-why-he-made-dyer-skipper%26method=full%26objectid=19033165%26siteid =50081-name_page.html

"The bottom line is that Dyer will remain a United player next season because he would be unlikely to pass any medical in a big-money move because of the medical condition which has made him vulnerable to so much hamstring trouble in the past."

Hope hes wrong

Is this really a debatable issue? We're talking about Kieron Dyer, here, man: he's fucking shit, he couldn't give a fucking monkey's, and he's pissed all over this club for years, and he's actually geting worse! He's a poorer player now than he was when we signed him from feckin Ipswich!

Guest LucaAltieri

I am honestly amazed that people are willing to give him another chance. Are you lot abused spouses?

;D

Guest Knightrider

If only to save the club having to tackle the prospect of a testimonial for Dyer, so yes.

I would sell him at the drop of a hat, but why on earth would a new manager? Just not going to happen imo, not straight away anyway.

Sadly, this is true. After World War III the only things that are going to be left are Kieron Dyer and those things that hang around volcanic vents deep in the ocean. Imagine the feckin kids! Shit at rebuilding the planet but they can fucking run fast.

I hear the Dyer testimonial money is going to go to a really good cause though if he has one - COLDE

Counsellors for the Owners of Lost Diamond Earrings

If only to save the club having to tackle the prospect of a testimonial for Dyer, so yes.

:lol: They wouldn't dare!

Its a PFA entitlement I believe. You get one after ten full seasons, although you can get it negotiated to an earlier date with contracts etc.

:lol: They wouldn't dare!

Its a PFA entitlement I believe. You get one after ten full seasons, although you can get it negotiated to an earlier date with contracts etc.

Surely not? Can anyone clarify this? I didn't think it was a PFA entitlement, i thought it was more of a gesture for 10 years service. I think there would be hell on if he was given a testimonial

Aye actually keep Dyer. He has the potential to be a world class player. Try and get the best out of him next season then see if Man United come in with £20m. Double figures for him next season tbh.

If we don't sell him this summer then we will lose him on a free in 2 years because nobody will pay a penny for him next summer. Do people really want a player who should be at his peak now but is never gonna get any better and who's pace is only going to decline to stay for another 2 years on about £80,000 a week? Give up man, he's finished here.

Make your mind up!

:lol: FFS

Aye actually keep Dyer. He has the potential to be a world class player. Try and get the best out of him next season then see if Man United come in with £20m. Double figures for him next season tbh.

If we don't sell him this summer then we will lose him on a free in 2 years because nobody will pay a penny for him next summer. Do people really want a player who should be at his peak now but is never gonna get any better and who's pace is only going to decline to stay for another 2 years on about £80,000 a week? Give up man, he's finished here.

Make your mind up!

:lol: FFS

Realise you were taking the piss on your first message after i submitted but it was too late to remove it :lol:

Guest bluebell

Dyer needs to go as does much of the dross that is currently given inflated salaries at this club. I doubt we will get rid of Shepherd but let us hope that the next manager can get rid of all the following dead wood- Mcdermott, Clark, Pearson, - Ameobi, Ramage, Carr, Babayaro, Bramble, Moore, Parker, Emre. Lets face it , they are all rubbish and we need a complete fresh start if we are ever to achieve anything.

I missed the match on Saturday,  I have heard he was pretty bad again and didnt give much (as usual).  Is the little waster finally finished at NFC?

If the new manager is anywhere near competent, that little scumbag will be gone as soon as he can be.

And lets not pretend its a "i'd take £5m for him" job, because he's a very. very mediocre player. If we could get £2.5m for him, and get rid of his (fit for an actual star) wages, i'd be over the moon.

Dyer needs to go as does much of the dross that is currently given inflated salaries at this club. I doubt we will get rid of Shepherd but let us hope that the next manager can get rid of all the following dead wood- Mcdermott, Clark, Pearson, - Ameobi, Ramage, Carr, Babayaro, Bramble, Moore, Parker, Emre. Lets face it , they are all rubbish and we need a complete fresh start if we are ever to achieve anything.

Sibierski and Duff, too. An old, slow journeyman, and a pick-your-games shithouse. Better off without them.

Sibierski and Duff, too. An old, slow journeyman, and a pick-your-games shithouse. Better off without them.

but lets hold on to Ramage whatever we do, mind

Guest Geordiecunny

Clean slates all round I reacon. Everyone given a chance with a few new editions and the dead wood shipped out in Jan.

Dyer - sums up all that is wrong with Newcastle United ; Lazy, overpaid,unprofessional,no respect for fans or management(witness his display at Boro when SBR took him off), and gives the club a bad name with the media and fans around the country with his off-field activities.

Should have been out of the door ages ago, and any decent manager will get rid as soon as he can, thank goodness.

Definitely in the top 4 of worst value signings by NUFC, and not a coincidence that Gullit signed him - remember Marcelino and Maric....?

I think he deserves to be shown the door, but I'm worried about who we will be able to replace him with. We're going to have to be more active in this transfer window than we have been in a long while, and we may have to splash a bit of cash for defenders, since there are a few other teams who will be looking to do the same (Chelsea, Spurs, etc.). Not to mention, we'll have to pay compensation to Bolton, apparently, for Allardyce.

And when you take into account that we're losing a few players on frees, and only loaning Luque, I'm not sure how much transfer money we're talking about here.