Joey Barton priced at £5.5 mill

Skirge

One user on a City forum is adamant he's going to Sunderland.

Altho there might be a spaner in the works of that deal, yesterday TribalFootball reported AC Milan had been alerted to his availability :laugh:

Gattuso coming the other way? ;)

Pfft, no chance.

I do have standards you know. Kaka or they can forget it  :laugh:

PS:  I'm not sure the Dyer/Barton comparison is valid. While they are both flawed - Barton more so IMO, Dyer provides zero value for money, and Barton is a good player.

Not now. Sidwell on a free without all the issues makes a lot more sense imo.

Never seen anything from either of those two to make me sit up and take notice.

If that position was our priority then i'd take him in a flash because he is one of the most under rated midfielders in our league. 5.5m is good money for a player of his quality, who as far as i can remember gets in no on field bother.

However, i'd be trying to fool you all if i said he was an angel. He clearly is a shit but all great players are. He's far better than Sidwell.

If that position was our priority then i'd take him in a flash because he is one of the most under rated midfielders in our league. 5.5m is good money for a player of his quality, who as far as i can remember gets in no on field bother.

However, i'd be trying to fool you all if i said he was an angel. He clearly is a shit but all great players are. He's far better than Sidwell.

Not being funny like, but Barton is pretty much average imo.

Well, depends what you're comparing him too. Very much average compared to Gerrard and co, and can in no way be considered a great player, but he's better than Sidwell, Phil Chuckle, Parker and co IMO - by the virtue of knowing where the net is and having the legs to get up there even in a turgid ultra defensive team like ours.

However, i'd be trying to fool you all if i said he was an angel. He clearly is a s*** but all great players are. He's far better than Sidwell.

I respect your opinion and all but on that last two occasions i went down to the COMS he dicated the game and ran our midfield off the park. Fair enough, we are not exactly great but he does posses some fantastic footballing qualities. Remember he's only 23...... i believe.

180 then. Good stuff.

I know, how fickle can I get! All he did was put a team mate in hospital!

:lol: You really are a complete joke HTL, honestly! :lol:

180 then. Good stuff.

Who was accusing you of being fickle? I said "good" and that's what I meant.

:idiot2:

P.Neville, Nolan, Barton, Sidwell, Parker...bit samey-samey to me.

???

apart from his distinct lack of shooting talent. Unless its to show a stunning ability to crack it in your own net when vs man utd ofc.

P.Neville, Nolan, Barton, Sidwell, Parker...bit samey-samey to me.

I'd say next to Butt, Nolan would be best out of them because he's a bigger threat going forward. Hope Parker leaves, swap deal for Nolan or something, then get Sidwell on a free too. Happy days.l

Well, depends what you're comparing him too. Very much average compared to Gerrard and co, and can in no way be considered a great player, but he's better than Sidwell, Phil Chuckle, Parker and co IMO - by the virtue of knowing where the net is and having the legs to get up there even in a turgid ultra defensive team like ours.

Knowing where the net is? So he's a strictly defensive midfielder, then?

Guest Phil K

He is undoubtably a good player potentially a GREAT one - but a psychotic thug.

I doubt even Fergie or Clough could steer a scumbag like him in the right direction.

180 then. Good stuff.

Who was accusing you of being fickle? I said "good" and that's what I meant.

:idiot2:

Aye ok :lol:

180 then. Good stuff.

So....  it's about 158 degree turn then? :lol:

Guest SLK

If Souness was still here then I would take Joey and watch some interesting episodes of Grahame Vs. Joey... :lol:

Guest alex

Barton is a good player but given his track record and the fact he's obviously on his way out at Man City I'd want him for around half what's being quoted.

Id definitely get him. He is one of the best attacking midfielders in the premiership and probably one of citehs most important players. So F*ck if he sparked some teammate nobody knows what happened, didnt shearer set about Robert in the changing rooms after liverpool a few years back? Barton is passionate and a born winner he reminds me of Roy Keane but not as class...I'm sure he'd sort some of the wasters at this club who take the piss  :knuppel2:

Although I would prefer Nolan from Bolton if there was a chance of Sam getting him here, he is quality  :coolsmiley: