Well done Freddy!

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A club of our resources getting a manager of Allardyce's stature isn't cause for congratulations. It's what we should be expecting. I'd like to know why he failed to land him or a manager of similar ability on two previous occasions, and we ended up with Souness and Roeder.

Let's face it. Freddie's got no other options now.

A club of our resources getting a manager of Allardyce's stature isn't cause for congratulations. It's what we should be expecting. I'd like to know why he failed to land him or a manager of similar ability on two previous occasions, and we ended up with Souness and Roeder.

Unfortunately, Man City will be correctly saying exactly the same thing, but I don't suppose you are capable of saying well done for beating them to him - hopefully. Even though the georgraphical aspect could yet change his mind.

Unfortunately, Man City will be correctly saying exactly the same thing, but I don't suppose you are capable of saying well done for beating them to him - hopefully. Even though the georgraphical aspect could yet change his mind.

He'll be here. :)

Beating Man City to a manager's signature is an achievement, is it?

Beating Man City to a manager's signature is an achievement, is it?

Well, they have won domestic trophies since we did, the league title, FA Cup and League Cup Final, all 3, but that is when we had a shite board and were inferior to them, and they also had a good one, with a good manager. [obviously]

I don't expect you to understand who is responsible for the higher standards you have now, rather than those that  existed in previous times though, nor understand that Man City are in fact, one of the biggest fanbase clubs in the country themselves into the bargain.

On paper a better appointment than Souness and Roeder

But making the guy third best paid manager in England does seem a bit daft. Especially as Sam is sure to say he has come here to win things, so surely would have come for far less. Pay him £2m a year with £5m per trophy in bounses. Would pay for itself easily.

So you DO think that beating Man City to a manager's signature is an achievement?

oh dear.

Have you contacted your mate the sunday people journo lately, or do you just do that when you want to dish the dirt on the club  mackems.gif

1: Getting rid of GR at the right time -  :thup:

2: Get 'The Head' in ASAP -  :thup:

3: Giving him ample funds for a much needed rebuild -  :thup:

4: Allowing SA to bring whoever and as many backroom staff to strengthen the club -  :thup:

If he gets all 4 right, then yep, well done Freddy, but ATM he's only completed No1 on that list, the rest remain to be seen although now it looks like No2 is a cert.

Just got to hope this all comes true like.

1.He didnt give money to Roeder in January

2.He sacked Roeder in the perfect time

3.He bring the right man into the club

4.He appointed the right man in the perfect time

5.He supports the new manager 100%???We will have to wait to see about that.I hope Shepherd will stand behind him 100% and give him full control over the club and also to give him solid transfer kitty for the summer.

Remembering Newcastle's recent history and what people said about him, a FFS appreciation thread could be very short! :lol:

Give him credit though.  Think he's appointed the best manager for you at the present time.

Guest andynufc84

5.He supports the new manager 100%???We will have to wait to see about that.I hope Shepherd will stand behind him 100% and give him full control over the club and also to give him solid transfer kitty for the summer.

Is this the bloke you have called a 'fat pig' on countless occasions?

People do have short memories

Guest SwissMagpie

Well Done Fat Fred!!

and i saw the press confrence on the Sky web,it seems that Freddy had a hell of a fart

I'll give him some credit for appointing the right man at exactly the right time for the first time in his reign here. It doesn't make up for all the mistakes he has made what has seen countless of millions of the fans money chucked down the drain though. This appointment doesn't all of a sudden make up for the wrong managerial appointments, rash decisions, selling players behind managers backs, and putting the clubs name through the dirt. All i will say is good decision for a change.

Is this the bloke you have called a 'fat pig' on countless occasions?

People do have short memories

indeed they do, in fact weren't you calling him 'fat pig' yesterday nufc06?

Guest Stephen927

He's made the right appointment, a man who is only looking towards making this club successful. A bit of a no-brainer appointment but a good appointment none the less. Well done Mr Shepherd.