Allardyce confirmed as Newcastle manager - 3 year deal.

Paully

I'm excited for next season already. Let's hope the backroom staff start arriving pretty soon (say next week), and then he can start working on videos and stuff of the team in the past season to assess the strengths and weaknesses of each player. And of course set up the training program for next preseason so when the players return, everything will actually be ready and good to go. I'm delighted about the timing of this, it'll give him some proper time to bed himself into the city, the surroundings and also give him time to make deliberate plans on how he's going to improve the different aspects of the club.

This thread is really funny, 99% of posters optimistic and really believe we can achieve something under Big Sam then NM ruins it will with his typical doom and gloom :lol:

Guest Knightrider

LOve how he said he's going to get to work on the structure of the club first and then work onb staff and then work on signings/squad, top to bottom, best way to work.

O0 Very Impressive... Lets hope this is not another false dawn, and that a steady rate of progress is made. Top 8 next season, maybe outside chance of European spot, then kick on to top 6/5 place with solid defence and no fooking injury nightmares...bye bye Kieron ;D

Guest steppa

LOve how he said he's going to get to work on the structure of the club first and then work onb staff and then work on signings/squad, top to bottom, best way to work.

Agreed, building a team on solid foundations rather than the sand and rubble since 1992! Why has nobody thought of this before?

I'm genuinely buzzzing about NUFC for the first time in years.  Maybe I'm niave but that press conference has bouyed my spirits, said exactly what I hoped he would say.

Bring it on! O0

Guest Knightrider

Unlike with Souness and Roeder who could talk a good game at times, Big Sam has the evidence to back up his talk and furthermore, the board obviously want these things which I never thought they did under those two. Also Souness and Roeder didn't really discuss the structre, Roeder touched on it once or twice but not in any great detail or with any great conviction, they always emphasised money and signing players, discipline and playing for the shirt. Hell, SA didn't even talk a great deal about money in his PC, mostly about structure.

I'm genuinely buzzzing about NUFC for the first time in years.  Maybe I'm niave but that press conference has bouyed my spirits, said exactly what I hoped he would say.

Bring it on! O0

I liked the idea that it sounded like FFS hadnt held back on giving Sam just what he wanted in terms of his preparation, training, science, player stats, etc.

Guest Guinness

I'm really impressed with what he had to say during the press conference. It's good to see he wants to address the injury problems asap and what he had to say about organising the team and the structure of the club was refreshing to hear. He seems to have a very clear idea of what he wants to achieve, I can't wait for him to start working his magic! :)

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Im positive in the long term. He needs time because so many things are wrong in Newcastle but if we keep supporting him even if we dont win anything the next season (which I dont think we will do) I predict it will be a succes with Big Sam as manager for Newcastle!

I've been saying in the past I would rather another manager such as Hitzfeld or Ramos over Big Sam.

However now he's has been appointed I must say I am satisfied with this decision.

Congratulations Sam Allardyce. We are behind you, bring back the glory days and howay!

I know Hitzfield, Ramos etc.. are all exciting prospects but no matter how good they are I reckon Allardyce would be a lot less of a gamble. They would probably adapt their styles to work in the Premiership but there is always the chance they wouldn't. At least we know Allardyce has proved he can manage a club and probably overachieve with them in this league.

He looked very well in the press conference! Just ordered my new jersey with Allardyce 1 printed on the back! Delighted. See you pre season big fella! I'll be flying over from Dublin to all the home games!

I know Hitzfield, Ramos etc.. are all exciting prospects but no matter how good they are I reckon Allardyce would be a lot less of a gamble. They would probably adapt their styles to work in the Premiership but there is always the chance they wouldn't. At least we know Allardyce has proved he can manage a club and probably overachieve with them in this league.

well if anything, we have Ben Haim in the bag - better than Gooch, Bramble, Moore, Carr, Baba and Ramage put together

Well chuffed. :D

The best we could have got at this moment in time imo.

That's what makes it a good appointment for me, I think this was a realistic appointment in terms of who we could hope to get in charge and it seems that his press conference has already exceeded everyones expectations. Really excited for next season now.