Roeder Appointed with a 2 year contract

Guest Hodgson09

Guest Ridzuan

Cant wait for the unveiling of Roeder as the manager.Just curious here,what is the time now at Newcastle?

Guest Living Legend

Martin Jol (the poster) will be happy, we won't be challenging Spurs for a while.

• 2 years later...

2 years and Shearer will be in the hotseat then, regardless of how well Roeder does.

:roll:

He might have been joking but I bet people wouldve thought there was 1000 times more chance of Shearer being manager than Keegan.

I remember talking myself into thinking Roeder was the man for the job.

There were a few hoodwinked to be fair, trouble is one was a fat ginger bloke who used to carry some weight around these parts.

I remember talking myself into thinking Roeder was the man for the job.

In my heart I always knew that he wasn't the man for the job. Still it would have been very harsh not to give him a chance after our great run at the end of the season.

07/05  Newcastle  1  (0)  -  (0)  0  Chelsea 

29/04 Birmingham 0 (0) - (0) 0 Newcastle

22/04 Newcastle 3 (2) - (0) 0 West Brom

17/04 Sunderland 1 (1) - (0) 4 Newcastle

15/04 Newcastle 3 (2) - (1) 1 Wigan

09/04 Middlesbrough 1 (0) - (2) 2 Newcastle

01/04 Newcastle 3 (3) - (1) 1 Tottenham

In my heart I always knew that he wasn't the man for the job. Still it would have been very harsh not to give him a chance after our great run at the end of the season.

It wouldn't have been harsh not to give him it, he wasn't up to the job and should have gone back to the academy.

It wouldn't have been harsh not to give him it, he wasn't up to the job and should have gone back to the academy.

I think I made the point at the time that he had the chance to bow out and always be remembered with affection by the fans, he had done a fantastic job but staying on in the role would only sully his reputation, unfortunately I was right :(

I would say this was Shepherd last big mistake, the appointment of Allardyce was logical at the time, on hindsight it is easy to say it was a mistake but at the time he seemed the best person available. However it was clear to most people that Roeder was never the right choice for the permenant role dispite how well he had done exorcising Souness.

I remember being amazed that he got a few semi decent games out of Boumsong.

God, getting a lifeline into Europe with Carr-Boumsong-Bramble-Babayaro is unreal.

I think I made the point at the time that he had the chance to bow out and always be remembered with affection by the fans, he had done a fantastic job but staying on in the role would only sully his reputation, unfortunately I was right :(

I would say this was Shepherd last big mistake, the appointment of Allardyce was logical at the time, on hindsight it is easy to say it was a mistake but at the time he seemed the best person available. However it was clear to most people that Roeder was never the right choice for the permenant role dispite how well he had done exorcising Souness.

I think that's exactly right. Allardyce was a disaster but there was sound reasoning behind his appointment at the time. Souness and Roeder were decisions which only reinforced some peoples perception of Shepherd as a blustering oaf.

I think that's exactly right. Allardyce was a disaster but there was sound reasoning behind his appointment at the time. Souness and Roeder were decisions which only reinforced some peoples perception of Shepherd as a blustering oaf.

Sir John Hall "hows Ruud getting on with the team these days then Freddie"

FS "eeerr.......well he's gone Johnny lad"

SJH "oh has he, when was that"

FS "5 years ago Johnny, since then we've had Bobby, and we played in the champions League"

SJH "oh, OK, who is it now then"

FS "well we've replaced him with Graeme"

SJH "oh have we, OK then, jolly good show Fred, just you keep looking after my millions for me then "

FS "ok Johnny mate"

mackems.gif mackems.gif

I remember being amazed that he got a few semi decent games out of Boumsong.

God, getting a lifeline into Europe with Carr-Boumsong-Bramble-Babayaro is unreal.

Roeder didn't play Boumsong tbf, and the couple of times that he did were nowt short of disasterous, Liverpool (h) 06

it was generally Moore in the middle with Bramble to be honest