nufc.com

lovejoy

If one knows, such as with SBR and a few others, that they don't like/agree with NUFC.com, and never have anything good to say about it, pick away at it etc etc, why read it? It's hardly a difficult concept to get one’s head around. I don’t like liver, never eat it, I don’t like the Mackems, don’t shout for them, don’t like the Tories, wouldn’t vote for them. If you think NUFC.com is 100% pants then forget it and move on to better things, maybe get out more, or write a blog, or possibly put your thoughts into sites beyond a forum.

I'll do what I want, thank you very much.

If you don't like my posts, why don't you stop reading them, then?

There are things I love and hate about .com, but the seemingly impending battle with Oliver is quality. :laugh:

and totally necessary i would say, its imperative for the good of the club that as many people as possible start to see him for what he really is, an opportunistic liar

There are things I love and hate about .com, but the seemingly impending battle with Oliver is quality. :laugh:

Playing catch-up here,WHAT impending battle Dave?

They criticised Oliver for something - I forget what - and he retaliated on one of those awful videos he did. Took the piss out of one of the lads' jobs. The latest is them pointing Allardyce's Sunday comments at Oliver in sarcastic fashion today. :D

They criticised Oliver for something - I forget what - and he retaliated on one of those awful videos he did. Took the piss out of one of the lads' jobs. The latest is them pointing Allardyce's Sunday comments at Oliver in sarcastic fashion today. :D

Got a link? Wouldn't mind having a look at that. As you can I guess I one of them people that forms a circle for fights or OAP's falling down while shopping.

Playing catch-up here,WHAT impending battle Dave?

Right (Thanks)

I thought at first you meant 'legal' but was hoping for bike-chains and knives one night in a carpark.I'm disappointed now.

Got a link? Wouldn't mind having a look at that. As you can I guess I one of them people that forms a circle for fights or OAP's falling down while shopping.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48767.msg1157275#msg1157275

That's the video, and it's discussed from there onwards. It's Biffa he refers to.

Lee Ryder is a bit of a plank, isn't he? Saying that, he's the bloke getting paid to meet footballers and write stories, so he can't be that daft.

'Boro worth a point, though? Dear me Alan.

I do feel sorry for Oliver at times like, the bloke is only doing his job and I daresay it's easy to be a smug bastard when you're getting your ugly sneck on TV every now and again and when people talk about you non-stop on the so-called "noticeboards". A lot of the criticism he gets can be OTT and unjust at times, but there are instances where he brings it all on himself. Must be hard trying to balance what's right for the club and what's right for your editor mind, and it's something I hope I never have to do.

Oliver is a twat, plain and simple.

The wanker has been feeding off the club for years and hardly a palpable story to boot.

As for the video blog...it being filmed in a canteen that is noisey as fk about sums up how fantastic the chronical is.

Have a look in the N'Zogbia thread. That's why people don't like him.

The bloke has a job to do, good stories don't sell papers unfortunately.

I understand fully why people don't like him, but a lot of the criticism he gets is a bit short sighted.

If anything it's his editor who should get most of the abuse, if that's what he demands from his Chief Sports Writer.

I understand fully why people don't like him, but a lot of the criticism he gets is a bit short sighted.

If anything it's his editor who should get most of the abuse, if that's what he demands from his Chief Sports Writer.

You did see what I meant? The blatant and deliberate misrepresentation of the manager?

:thup:

I'm waiting for one or the other to come out and just say something explicitly.  What exactly was Biffa's job that he was criticizing him for?  A plumber?  In what way is Oliver particularly qualified?  I'm sure that Niall and Biffa have been watching NUFC longer than he has.

You did see what I meant? The deliberate misrepresentation of the manager?

Aye, I saw the article and the difference between it and what was on NUFC.co.uk, but unlike the official website, Oliver has to sell papers somehow, which is why I made the point about being torn on doing what's best for the club/what's best for his career. It's easy to sit back and judge from up here on our high-horses, like we do with players over their off-field behaviour, etc. but the people involved can't have it as easy as we think.

I'm more disappointed with his comments about Biffa than about the things he writes in the rag, personally. Because he's a journalist. Show me a journalist who isn't a bit of a twat or who hasn't had to bend the truth to get to where they are.

He shouldn't do it, of course, but I don't believe he's out to harm the club. He is a supporter, after all.

How bad is the editing in those Talking Heeds videos, fucking shocking as is the whole thing

They're top class man :laugh:

It's why I can't get as het-up about the Ronny Gill as others do. It's utterly two-bob and it's losing credibility by the day.

Should be treated as what it is: next day's fish and chip wrapper, especially now that all of their stories are on NUFC.co.uk anyway.

How bad is the editing in those Talking Heeds videos, fucking shocking as is the whole thing

His head's such a funny shape you can instantly tell it's him anyway. As for Janitor's point about other newspapers, you would expect the national papers to have an agenda, i.e. to cause trouble to sell papers etc. but is it unreasonable to expect a bit more support from Oliver and the Chronicle? Given most of its readership follow Newcastle.