Mark Viduka signs for Newcastle - 2 years + 1 more optional

Guest SwissMagpie

Chelsea would not be getting Dyer to replace Lampard, but in my opinion they would definitely be very interested in Dyer.

They will be losing Mikel and Essien during the African Nations Cup and Dyer would eb effective as an attacking midfielder in the centre 3 they play in midfield. Dyer would also be versatile enough to play as a right sided forward in a front three for them when Robben or Joe Cole get their seasonal injuries.

Also ... I won't be surprised if we have managed to convince Sidwell to come to us and so they've contacted us to ask for Dyer since we will be signing Sidwell.

Would be so perfect ...

Guest smoggeordie

Viduka will be another sib

No he wont, he's a much better player and a top drawer finisher.

Chelsea would not be getting Dyer to replace Lampard, but in my opinion they would definitely be very interested in Dyer.

They will be losing Mikel and Essien during the African Nations Cup and Dyer would eb effective as an attacking midfielder in the centre 3 they play in midfield. Dyer would also be versatile enough to play as a right sided forward in a front three for them when Robben or Joe Cole get their seasonal injuries.

Also ... I won't be surprised if we have managed to convince Sidwell to come to us and so they've contacted us to ask for Dyer since we will be signing Sidwell.

Would be so perfect ...

perfect yes but never going to happen, I agree with you and can see his appeal in the sense that he can play pritty much across the midfield or in a 4-3-3 role. But he is not in the same league as lampard, I can see him leaving if I'm honest as for us getting rid of dyer I think the likes of portsmouth even spuds possibly but expect no more then 3-4 million, miserable injury record, not a scorer not a creator and not getting any younger, if he was not in our team would we be keen to sign?? I dont think so, get SA to try his best to work out where to use him and when and aim for that.

Guest Micktoon

Seriously how long can the bosses at the ronny gill tolerate this level of journalism. Anal has always been full of brown steamy but lately he's taking the fucking piss.

Dyer to replace lampard at Chelsea, who the fuck outside an asylum would allow any fucker to print that.

Dyer to replace Lampard, are they having a laugh?!

Lampard:

06/07 GP:37, G: 11

05/06 GP:35, G: 16

04/05 GP:38, G:13

Dyer:

06/07 GP:27, G:7

05/06 GP:11, G:0

04/05 GP:23, G:4

I couldn't help but laugh at the implication that Dyer was a replacement for Lampard.  What's the betting on this in a couple of weeks

"And I can reveal speculation linking Kieron Dyer with Chelsea in recent weeks is wide of the mark.  Indeed sources close to the player have told me that the little midfield maestro's heart is in the toon and he has no intention of leaving.  Indeed it is no coincidence that the England dynamo's emergence from his injury hell coincided with the club's revival.  And I wouldn't be surprised to see the little genius pulling on the captain's armband again in the Chapions League within a season or two. Etc Etc"

It's the quality of the man that he can go 180 degrees and claim it as an exclusive.... 

Seriously how long can the bosses at the ronny gill tolerate this level of journalism. Anal has always been full of brown steamy but lately he's taking the fucking piss.

Dyer to replace lampard at Chelsea, who the fuck outside an asylum would allow any fucker to print that.

At the end of the day being a journalist is about selling papers, it's not really about whether their is any truth in the story.

At the end of the day being a journalist is about selling papers, it's not really about whether their is any truth in the story.

true if we are talking about tabliod speculation but this turd speaks like its gospel and never retracts anything himself its just what he believed and now his sources tell him its not. If there was an element of truth in what he said I think people would not have a dig at him so much

Dyer wouldn't be replacing anyone. If Chelsea are interested it will be to use him as a squad player, because he would be very useful to them in the system they play, as he could fill in in multiple positions.

Dyer would be replacing Sidwell if anything, which is to say that they most likely won't be signing Sidwell anymore. They would be interested in Dyer even with Lampard in the team.

Dyer wouldn't be replacing anyone. If Chelsea are interested it will be to use him as a squad player, because he would be very useful to them in the system they play, as he could fill in in multiple positions.

Dyer would be replacing Sidwell if anything, which is to say that they most likely won't be signing Sidwell anymore. They would be interested in Dyer even with Lampard in the team.

with chelsea's resources they could go out and spend 30 million on a replacement and 10 million on a squad player buying an injury prone none scoring getting on never really made a full season impact player for 5/6 million is just silly business not impossible in the world of football but highly doubtful

Guest Micktoon

I agree but there can't be a Newcastle supporter out there who isn't thinking abour boycotting the chronicle until this twat stops publishing the kind of crap he is getting away with at the moment.

I think however i've sussed "his source". He obviously gets up early plays FM for a while and publishes the news flashes as real life gospel.

Have the people on here who don't want Viduka actually seen him play?

Unlike Ameobi and Sibs he does actually have a decent first touch and can pose a threat to good Premiership defences. If we can have him on a free then its a no brainer imho.

with chelsea's resources they could go out and spend 30 million on a replacement and 10 million on a squad player buying an injury prone none scoring getting on never really made a full season impact player for 5/6 million is just silly business not impossible in the world of football but highly doubtful

No more big money spending at Chelsea allegedly!

And why would they have to splash out on a squad player especially. Despite what you say about Dyer he is a threat when he is at his best and I would imagine Mourinho would get the best out of him. He is also a known premiership performer so there would be no uncertainty as far as whether he would make an impact or not.

And why would they have to splash out on a squad player especially. Despite what you say about Dyer he is a threat when he is at his best and I would imagine Mourinho would get the best out of him. He is also a known premiership performer so there would be no uncertainty as far as whether he would make an impact or not.

you mean like he has with schevstinko and ballack?????? I just dont think the lad will move as he isn't good enough for them

It would be great to bring in Ben Haim, Campbell, Sidwell & Viduka for next to nowt, and at the same time sell Duff, Parker, Emre, Dyer & Owen for some good money.

Even with Owen valued at £9m is the rumours are true, that's a good £35m+ back into the club and probably our wage bill cut in half!

Ben-Haim and Viduka make perfect sense from a purely football and business perspective.

We don't have a lot of money and have just lost an entire back five for nowt so any defenders are a bonus, to get one of the best last season for clubs outside the top 4 for nothing would be quite a coup.

Viduka will offer a different option up front to Martins and Owen. He probably had one of the best goals to games ratios in the league last season and didn't miss too many games. Again for free we can't afford to not consider him.

My only issue with Viduka is his age.

On a free for say a two year contract it's not too much of an issue. He's a known quantity.

there can't be a Newcastle supporter out there who isn't thinking abour boycotting the chronicle until this t*** stops publishing the kind of crap he is getting away with at the moment.

I just read it off ICNewcastle for free.

you mean like he has with schevstinko and ballack?????? I just dont think the lad will move as he isn't good enough for them

Look ... I know we don't like Dyer on here, but to say he is crap and he isn't good enough for Chelsea is silly. He like many others has gone stale at this club, and a succession of managers who didn't demand better from the players hasn't been good. I think many would be surprised by how effective he would be around better players (see Jenas at Tottenham for example ... I know he is still crap but at least he is coring goals for them!)

I'll tell you one thing for sure Dyer was better this season than Ballack was. So from that viewpoint alone he is at least good enough to be in that current squad.