Pompey to sell Sol?

Nobby

Pompey sell Sol and sign Distin and Bramble on frees?

Distin to sign for Pompey in next 48 hours

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/05/22/SOCCER_Portsmouth_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=premiership

"Portsmouth are poised to pull off a double swoop for Sylvain Distin and Sulley Muntari within the next 48 hours.

Confirmation Distin's five-year career at Manchester City is over has boosted Pompey's confidence that they can finally complete a £40,000-a-week deal for the 29-year-old on a free transfer."

Bramble to sign for Pompey today

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2084998,00.html

"The Newcastle defender Titus Bramble, whose imminent release by Allardyce was announced last week, has rejected Celtic, Birmingham and Fulham to agree a free transfer to Portsmouth. The 25-year-old will undergo a medical at Fratton Park today to become Harry Redknapp's first summer signing. "Titus is a good free transfer," said Redknapp. "We are looking to strengthen the squad and we have some exciting players lined up."

Unless there is a really overwhelming amount of cash involved, I really don't see the appeal in going to Pompey. (Concerning Distin, Bramble is fucked now and doesnt have much of a choice).

Having lived in both Newcastle and Pompey... it's a total no brainer :lol:

My eyesight might be failing me, but where in that article does it say Campbell is to be sold? The closest I can see is some typical paper bollocks:

The scenario is complicated by new Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce's interest in Campbell

Unless there is a really overwhelming amount of cash involved, I really don't see the appeal in going to Pompey. (Concerning Distin, Bramble is fucked now and doesnt have much of a choice).

spelling fixed

... your point being? :D

Guest johnson293

My eyesight might be failing me, but where in that article does it say Campbell is to be sold? The closest I can see is some typical paper bollocks:

The scenario is complicated by new Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce's interest in Campbell

Was gonna post the same thing - says nothing about Pompey actually being prepared to sell campbell.

Hopefully the purchase of two new centre halfs will unsettled him just a bit more though!

Where does that article say they're selling Campbell? Saying Allardyce is interested is blatantly not the same as Redknapp saying he can go  ???

Unless there is a really overwhealming amount of cash involved, I really don't see the appeal in going to Pompey. (Concerning Distin, Bramble is fucked now and doesnt have much of a choice).

Having lived in both Newcastle and Pompey... it's a total no brainer :lol:

I've not read any report that suggests Distin will be getting a pay rise compared to what City were offering. But I can think of 3 reasons he would go there.

1 - They're building a decent team. Good last year, about to sign a great talent in Muntari...etc.

2 - Longer contract.

3 - Signing on fee.

I think its more than likely to be #1, considering Distin is probably already absolutely minted.

Bramble/Distin or Campbell.

I know which one i'd rather have and it isn't the former.

Dunno if any truth lies in this, but i'd still love to see Sol Campbell at St James' Park.

Would love to see Bramble linking up with his old mucker O'Brien next season.

Champions league dream team tbh, people bang on about how we declined when Bellamy and Robert went but it was blatantly the loss of O'Brien that took us down!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Champions league dream team tbh, people bang on about how we declined when Bellamy and Robert went but it was blatantly the loss of O'Brien that took us down!

this guy nose what he's on about

this guy nose what he's on about

Ah, I see what you did there ;)

I missed the bit about Pompey selling Campbell aswell.

i think they will if they sign Bramble and Distin

They might well do although thats a bit different to what the original title of the thread was claiming.

Even though it blatently says it knowhere in the article, i can see Campbell moving on now. Should Pompey sign Bramble and Distin, then Campbell might be sellable in their eyes..... especially since they have Primus too.

I'd give them no more than 1.5m. Not a bad amount of money considering what he would give us over a couple of years service.

We have to sign Ben Haim in my eyes.

I'd give them no more than 1.5m. Not a bad amount of money considering what he would give us over a couple of years service.

We have to sign Ben Haim in my eyes.

Ben Haim, Campbell, Taylor with Edgar and Huntington in reserve would be a good start!