Luke Young

Cajun
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would take Luke Young for 2M.I think he is still young and is still developing into a bright star for the future.We should try and go for him.

He's 28, not exactly young or a future bright star.

£2m is a good price though, especially if we can throw Carr in the other direction, i doubt they'd refuse that.

Ridzuan spouting ill-informed shite? No way.

Guest Toon83

Luke Young isnt the player he was when England came calling a couple of seasons back, too many injuries have halted his career and set him back a couple of years, no thanks for me.

Gianni Zuiverloon of Holland U21 looks a good player, maybe we could go after him instead, Big Sam was at the game the other day so might have noticed him, plays for Heerenveen

luke young for 2 million yes, use him as cover for nobby. get in baines as well as rozenhal and that sorts us for next seaspn to get into uefa cup, i hope. then we need to think bigger, unless they really suprise me- keep taylor though and anyone else who excels.

Gianni Zuiverloon of Holland U21 looks a good player, maybe we could go after him instead, Big Sam was at the game the other day so might have noticed him, plays for Heerenveen

thats the thing, half that team have put themselves in the shop window now, so there's going to be a lot more interest generated and fee's are going to inflate

Guest optimistic nit

I would take Luke Young for 2M.I think he is still young and is still developing into a bright star for the future.We should try and go for him.

He's 28, not exactly young or a future bright star.

£2m is a good price though, especially if we can throw Carr in the other direction, i doubt they'd refuse that.

Ridzuan spouting ill-informed shite? No way.

its not ridz fault that young has such as misleading surname tbh.

But surely he'll always be Young? :lol:

Guest toon tone rudeboy

He'd be a sideways step, a player brought in "to do a job". We need better.

How can it be a sideways step if we have pretty much nothing now?

I have been thinking the same thing... people saying he is average and we need better...

Right now... Average is better than what we have!  Let's start with that!!!

We might aswell play Taylor at RB, he isnt any worse than Young.

Maybe he would be better than he has been the last 5 years if he came up here, but Im certain we can get better than Young.

Carr really isnt that much worse.

We might aswell play Taylor at RB, he isnt any worse than Young.

Maybe he would be better than he has been the last 5 years if he came up here, but Im certain we can get better than Young.

Carr really isnt that much worse.

Carr is fucking far worse. He's absolute shite.

Maybe I watch a different Luke Young to everyone else. I just really dont rate him at all.

Its all very well saying he would be an improvement on Carr, but Taylor would be better cover defensively at RB and Solano is better than Young going forward.

We need to be aiming higher imo its virtually as much of a priority as LB, although at least we have basic cover there.

Whilst we need to spend on CB's aswell Id be happier to get one decent CB, and spend less on the other two if we can get a better LB and RB. It will make a huge difference.

Maybe I watch a different Luke Young to everyone else. I just really dont rate him at all.

Its all very well saying he would be an improvement on Carr, but Taylor would be better cover defensively at RB and Solano is better than Young going forward.

We need to be aiming higher imo its virtually as much of a priority as LB, although at least we have basic cover there.

Whilst we need to spend on CB's aswell Id be happier to get one decent CB, and spend less on the other two if we can get a better LB and RB. It will make a huge difference.

If he was our second choice RB though, then it would be a good move.

Carr sold/released/part of the Young deal, Solano as backup to the right wing, and Taylor placed firmly in the centre, where he needs to be, it would be criminal to move him there and should be avoided at all costs.

Plus another RB, Sagna or another £5m+ player. Same goes for the LB position, we need that at a minimum next season if we are to be taken seriously. (That's not to mention another 2/3 CB's)

Carr sold/released/part of the Young deal, Solano as backup to the right wing, and Taylor placed firmly in the centre, where he needs to be, it would be criminal to move him there and should be avoided at all costs.

Plus another RB, Sagna or another £5m+ player. Same goes for the LB position, we need that at a minimum next season if we are to be taken seriously. (That's not to mention another 2/3 CB's)

2nd choice? how many players do you think he's going to sign, he already needs i'd say 3 center halfs not to mention a left back and that's not even discussing midfield and forward players.

2nd choice? how many players do you think he's going to sign, he already needs i'd say 3 center halfs not to mention a left back and that's not even discussing midfield and forward players.

At least another 6 defenders.

I'd imaging he's look for two players in every position, i'd hope he doesn't count Solano as a RB but as a winger & Carr & babayaro only remain until we find alternatives.

Allardyce hasn't said he definitely wants a right back yet, all he said is he might get one but definitely wants 2 CB's and a left back.

People need to have realistic expectations if they think we're going to go out and buy 2 right backs, 3 CB's and 2 left backs this transfer window.

I could handle him as back up, whilst he isnt great he is at least an honest player/pro.

Would be nice to think we will buy two LB's and two RB's but I think the latter certainly wont happen whilst Carr remains, Taylor and Ramage have played there and Solano excelled.

If we are going for two fullbacks for each side, that means we have money, which also means why bother getting average, buy decent quality or young and hungry for back up.

• 4 weeks later...