Dyer in England squad

Northern Monkey

i feel dirty agreeing with you,but i do

what, feel dirty, or agree? or both? Its all a bit Nietzschian for me.

stop it,you're gonna screw your own thread

Stop it, pervert.

:celb:

i feel dirty agreeing with you,but i do

what, feel dirty, or agree? or both? Its all a bit Nietzschian for me.

stop it,you're gonna screw your own thread

Stop it, pervert.

:celb:

:lol:

It will put his price up but alsdo I think he deserves a shot, he did look bright when he came on, on Friday night but really he will be a back up squad player and not a first choice starter..

What's weird (or not), is that McClaren has been to St James' stacks of times this season, and he still thinks the likes of Parker and Dyer are worthy of a place in the squad.

What's weird (or not), is that McClaren has been to St James' stacks of times this season, and he still thinks the likes of Parker and Dyer are worthy of a place in the squad.

That's because he picks most of his players on reputation rather than their ability. In my opinion obviously.

That's because he picks most of his players on reputation rather than their ability. In my opinion obviously.

It doesnt help us either because if Dyer got dropped from England, it might help him buck his ideas up for the toon.

Guest Der Kaiser

I still can't really see another club wanting him though as I imagine his wages would be problematic.

In fairness he plays well for England

What has Kieron Dyer ever done for England?

He won a penalty once, and looked canny on his debut. That's about it.

Guest Knightrider

The very fact players like Dyer keep getting picked for England despite the world and his fucking dog knowing such players will never ever be anything more than a bit part player shows just how lazy football is becoming. It's quite the thing to do to bash McLaren but he isn't the first to keep picking these players, they all do, for England anyway. Yet looking at other national teams they often pick players on form hence a whole host of new talent being discovered down the years. It also stretches to the other end of the spectrum, sticking with players like Beckham who although good players, will not be around or be good enough by the time the major competitions come into play. It is nigh time an England manager started to build a fresh new squad and to keep it fresh by adding players to it who are showing good form for their clubs.

I'd dispense with half of them and cherry pick the under 21s, at least we'll see more hunger and commitment out there, and maybe just maybe some results.

Why do we constantly fail at this level? There are many reasons but one surely must be that for years now, there has never been an England squad, just a first-team with the rest making up the numbers and because the first-teamers, or top players, play lots of games for their clubs, they're often knackered when the big competitions come round, so we use bit part players to replace them and then ask them to make a difference, or hoy in some youngsters whose only experience came in a B game against Albania...

England teams for as long as I can remember have too often looked like they were introduced to each other in the tunnel before the game. Not enough stability and continuity in the starting XI's. Too many meaningless friendlies and too many players picked to 'have a look at'. FFS, scout the player and either bring him into the squad and keep him there or don't pick him at all. The media clamouring for their favourites is only slightly less sickening than the manager relenting and picking them.

PS. Also fucked off at club managers moaning that their players are expected to play in Internationals as well as club games.