First game of the season

Guest smoggeordie

Man U at SJP, show that they had a lucky season, boateng have a s***/ a cracker 89 minute debut then tackles ronaldo and accidently hurts him badly, (then he would be the best debut) then laugh at their lack of depth!

or Sunderland away

Historically a large proportion of the large wars the world has ever known have started in the summer months.  It's a statistical fact you are far more likely to have a fight or be involved in violence during the summer.  It's human nature.

For that reason, you will never see Liverpool v Man Utd, Newcastle v Sunderland, Millwall v West Ham, Leeds v Cardiff as the opening fixture because it's still at the height of summer.  Don't give me that derby game when Bellamy scored in that 1-1 draw, because that was the third game, the above is a fact, and I believe we've never played the SMB on the opening day ever, no doubt some google fiend will tell me otherwise though.

I hope we start with Tottenham at home, easy 3-1 win as per usual, or maybe more.  I would also like Arsenal, Chelsea, Dip and Manchester United away in the opening 8 weeks.

I definitely think that we would do well with some easy games to get some points on the board to start off the season.  Obviously this will give the team confidence (assuming we win and play well) to face some of the tougher challenges.  And anyway, given that we will have a whole host of new faces, I wouldn't want our first competitive match to be against one of the big 4.